British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   I'm looked upon as a freak... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/im-looked-upon-freak-499986/)

anabella Dec 16th 2007 1:29 am

Re: I'm looked upon as a freak...

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 5672547)
Don't even know what the hell beetroot is.

You are not missing anything..

gazzpfc Dec 16th 2007 3:10 am

Originally Posted by anabella (Post 5673101)
You are not missing anything..

Hey thats a matter of opinion beetroot is far better than a corn dog for example:D

anabella Dec 16th 2007 6:23 am

Originally Posted by gazzpfc (Post 5673223)
Hey thats a matter of opinion beetroot is far better than a corn dog for example:D

Both gross if you ask me..

britex01 Dec 16th 2007 9:39 am

Originally Posted by YorkshirePudding (Post 5671803)
...because I eat cheese and beetroot sandwiches! I can't even get anyone to try this combo!

Does anyone else get weird looks for eating perfectly normal food combinations?

So you're sat there in a diner, scoffing a beetroot sandwich, red juice trickling down your chin... Huh, huh...

Well, if you have a drawn and palor complexion, bloodshot eyes, and wear a black cape, you'll empty the place!

The Count.

---

Nu-Shooz Dec 16th 2007 9:44 am

Originally Posted by YorkshirePudding (Post 5671803)
...because I eat cheese and beetroot sandwiches! I can't even get anyone to try this combo!

Does anyone else get weird looks for eating perfectly normal food combinations?

I love eating Farley's Rusks with jam on..Mmmmmm..baby food i know, but i still buy them. I also like baby formula milk powder, tastes like Horlicks:)

Xebedee Dec 16th 2007 9:49 am

Originally Posted by britex01 (Post 5673728)
So you're sat there in a diner, scoffing a beetroot sandwich, red juice trickling down your chin... Huh, huh...
Well, if you have a drawn and palor complexion, bloodshot eyes, and wear a black cape, you'll empty the place!
The Count.---

My OH had never imagined of a "crisp sarnie". Now she loves them :) Whats so odd? Its just bread, a mangled up bag of crisps and mayo.
The best IMO is Arnolds white bread and Sour Cream and Chive flavored crisps.

Actually, I think the reason not a lot of people eat crisp sarnies here is its too simple. Its like asking for a bacon buttie at the work cafeteria.

Have you tried that? Its fun! Ask for a bacon sandwich. ;)

"You want mayo?" Nope
:confused:
"You want tomato?" Nope
:blink:
"You want a miniature ferris wheel in top?"
:blink::blink::unsure:

britex01 Dec 16th 2007 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Xebedee (Post 5673763)
My OH had never imagined of a "crisp sarnie". Now she loves them :) Whats so odd? Its just bread, a mangled up bag of crisps and mayo.
The best IMO is Arnolds white bread and Sour Cream and Chive flavored crisps.

Only once have I known someone eat a crisp sarnie. A breed of folk perhaps?

:D

PS. Do me a bacon sarnie will you? Cheers.

----

britex01 Dec 16th 2007 10:02 am

Originally Posted by anabella (Post 5673399)

Beetroot is supposed to be good for the blood my dear. Please, try some.

The Count.

----

tonrob Dec 16th 2007 10:19 am

Originally Posted by anabella (Post 5673399)

Agreed - but neither as minging as c****ber - let's remember that...

Xebedee Dec 16th 2007 10:20 am

Originally Posted by britex01 (Post 5673787)
:D
PS. Do me a bacon sarnie will you? Cheers.
----

We originated in the high lands of Kashmir. A kind race of pot-bellied pacifists living in strangely shaped mud huts from which the sounds of crunching and belching are the only things to break the tranquil atmosphere. That and the ritual tea-stirring which takes a lifetime to perfect.

*Ommm, Tea's - Uuuuup!* :D

tonrob Dec 16th 2007 10:26 am

Originally Posted by britex01 (Post 5673787)

----

I had a brief flirtation with the cuisine early in my teens. If memory serves this coincided with the introduction of Walker's Square Crisps - the trigger presumably being my OCD and the fact that I could now make the crisps actually fit properly. Following a love/hate battle with mayo I graduated to Thousand Island Dressing (very exotic in North Wales in the 80s, you understand) before - after about 3 months total - finally coming to the painful realization that crisp butties were actually rubbish but my, didn't fish fingers fit well?

britex01 Dec 16th 2007 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Xebedee (Post 5673847)
We originated in the high lands of Kashmir. A kind race of pot-bellied pacifists living in strangely shaped mud huts from which the sounds of crunching and belching are the only things to break the tranquil atmosphere. That and the ritual tea-stirring which takes a lifetime to perfect.

*Ommm, Tea's - Uuuuup!* :D

Sounds much like a bunch of folk I know at my local. You sure it an't just a trait of you Kasmirites?

Perplexed.

----

britex01 Dec 16th 2007 10:44 am

Originally Posted by tonrob (Post 5673859)
didn't fish fingers fit well?

Certainly the best of two options... I used to eat a lot of those as a kid. Still do, but very infrequently. ... :D

Hey, who cares a damn about being looked upon as a freak. I'm well accustomed to being called all the names under the sun.

---

Xebedee Dec 16th 2007 10:45 am

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by britex01 (Post 5673876)
Sounds much like a bunch of folk I know at my local. You sure it an't just a trait of you Kasmirites?
Perplexed.
----

They sound like truly civilised folk.

tonrob Dec 16th 2007 10:47 am

Originally Posted by britex01 (Post 5673897)
Certainly the best of two options... I used to eat a lot of those as a kid. Still do, but very infrequently. ... :D

Hey, who cares a damn about being looked upon as a freak. I'm well accustomed to being called all the names under the sun.

---

I could really murder a proper fish finger butty though, and the fish fingers and sliced bread here are just sh!te. Still - I'll be in New York a week from today and that means a visit to The Chip Shop!!!