British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   I'm BACK! But this time, just Jenney - no more Mark. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/im-back-but-time-just-jenney-no-more-mark-807121/)

AmerLisa Aug 26th 2013 6:21 pm

Re: I'm BACK! But this time, just Jenney - no more Mark.

Originally Posted by Sue (Post 10870507)
Yep, you have to slip me a fiver first though ... either that or a case of Merlot :lol::lol:

I was at Trader Joe's the other day, how does the "Three Buck Chuck" work for you?;):D

Nutek Aug 26th 2013 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by Sue (Post 10870507)
Yep, you have to slip me a fiver first though ... either that or a case of Merlot :lol::lol:

Would that count as a bribe or a tip?

AmerLisa Aug 26th 2013 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Nutek (Post 10870677)
Would that count as a bribe or a tip?

Maybe a tip, but then again is it 15% or 20%? :unsure:

Nutek Aug 26th 2013 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa (Post 10870688)
Maybe a tip, but then again is it 15% or 20%? :unsure:

One of us is a bad person. :)

AmerLisa Aug 26th 2013 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Nutek (Post 10870693)
One of us is a bad person. :)

:sneaky:

Anyway, back to Jenney's thread. Sorry, Jenney. :o

Nutek Aug 26th 2013 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa (Post 10870697)
:sneaky:

Anyway, back to Jenney's thread. Sorry, Jenney. :o

Quite right. Hi Jenny. :wave: You wont know me. I'm the helpful one.

Mr Weeze Aug 26th 2013 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Just Jenney (Post 10870621)
It's kind of surreal. This is the first time I've been a member of this group without having a real reason to be attached to it. I'm not British. I'm not an expat. I'm not dating/engaged/married to a Brit. I have no need for immigration advice (yay!), my own experiences with immigration were so long ago I'm not sure I can offer any valid advice anymore, and I can't provide any unique insight into what it's like to live in the States (an American living in America -- imagine THAT!?). And yet here I am. I feel very comfortable and welcomed here. I think that speaks a lot of this community. ;)

~ Jenney

Do you need to know where to find marmite? We're good at that.

Pulaski Aug 26th 2013 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Nutek (Post 10870699)
Quite right. Hi Jenny. You wont know me. I'm the helpful one.

He's also BE's resident illustrator. :rolleyes:

Ozzidoc Aug 27th 2013 12:07 am

Welcome back. So sorry to hear about the recent twists and turns in your life.

Was it you who had a missing dog about six years or more ago.....?

Bluegrass Lass Aug 27th 2013 12:18 am

Hi Jen! I used to be known as sunflwrgrl13 - I think we were probably in the same fiancé visa 'class' back in 2003/2004ish.

I was surprised to read that thread 2 years ago about your breakup, and it certainly sounds like you've been through the ringer! But it sounds like you are staying on the positive side of things.

Welcome back to the forum! :starsmile: We are definitely welcoming! I also think I have some better 'friends' on here than some of my real life friends and family, but I don't mind that.

SarahG Aug 27th 2013 12:19 am

Welcome back!

Just Jenney Aug 27th 2013 3:33 am

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze (Post 10870876)
Do you need to know where to find marmite? We're good at that.

Marmite? Umm.... no. I can't eat something that looks and smells like that! :eek: I'm sure there's some other kind of British delicacy that I like... I'll have a think.

Originally Posted by Ozziedoc
Was it you who had a missing dog about six years or more ago.....?

Yes, that was me! What a memory! Well, you've got the time frame wrong (it was in 1996) but yes, my dog Andie was stolen when I was living in Chile and was missing for 11 days before we found her. She died in 2008 at the age of 13; I still miss her every day.

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
Hi Jen! I used to be known as sunflwrgrl13 - I think we were probably in the same fiancé visa 'class' back in 2003/2004ish.

Yes, we were, I remember you! Mark and I started the petition process in late 2002 and he got his K-1 in 2003, his conditional GC in 2004, etc. I'm so glad you mentioned your old username because otherwise I wouldn't have known who you were.

Wow, it's great to see so many familiar faces here! I'm actually surprised because most discussion forums don't have this much staying power; they tend to have a high turnover rate with members. But not BE! It's so good to be back! Now I'll just have to find the time to start reading the boards and see what's been going on around here. I think I'll start with the thread about tipping -- seems to be a big subject around here, is it? ;)

~ Jenney

Nutek Aug 27th 2013 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Just Jenney (Post 10871257)
I think I'll start with the thread about tipping -- seems to be a big subject around here, is it? ;)

~ Jenney

:nod: Tipping is important. Lines have been drawn.

Also,

What is your stance on Ketchup? And critters with a higher than needed leg quotient?

Do you have expensive shoes? If so, did you get them repaired in Texas?

Mr Weeze Aug 27th 2013 11:14 am

We'll also need your stance on washing machines. The top loader alliance is currently in a truce with the front loader freedom force, but it is an uneasy truce.

hungryhorace Aug 27th 2013 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze (Post 10871802)
We'll also need your stance on washing machines. The top loader alliance is currently in a truce with the front loader freedom force, but it is an uneasy truce.

This was one of the shocks I had when I moved here. People actually prefer top loaders over front loaders, it's crazy. I miss my Miele front loader very much and look forward to the day when I can buy one here!