Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

I'm BACK! But this time, just Jenney - no more Mark.

I'm BACK! But this time, just Jenney - no more Mark.

Old Aug 27th 2013, 1:04 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm BACK! But this time, just Jenney - no more Mark.

Originally Posted by Nutek
Tipping is important. Lines have been drawn.
Duly noted.

What is your stance on Ketchup? And critters with a higher than needed leg quotient?
I'm not sure if these two are supposed to be related. My stance on ketchup is 1) it's spelled ketchup, not catsup; and 2) if it ain't Heinz, I will be grossly disappointed. I am a Heinz ketchup girl. I only put ketchup (preferably Heinz) on my hamburgers -- none of this mustard/lettuce/pickles business -- and then I put some extra ketchup on the side to dip my hamburger into, even though the hamburger already has ketchup on it under the bun. Always Heinz. People who say Hunt's ketchup tastes the same as Heinz ketchup are on crack.

Critters with higher than needed leg quotient? This I will have to think about. I'm not really sure what falls into this category. What's the cut-off point for optimum required leg quotient?

Do you have expensive shoes? If so, did you get them repaired in Texas?
I don't think so. I only own about 5 pairs of shoes and only regularly wear 3 of them. Two of those pairs are running shoes which each cost about $80. The third pair are the pumps I wear to work, which I paid about $90 for. Thankfully no need to get any of them repaired, in Texas or otherwise. (Texas?)

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
We'll also need your stance on washing machines. The top loader alliance is currently in a truce with the front loader freedom force, but it is an uneasy truce.
I'm afraid I can't help with this one. I've only ever used top loading machines -- one of the downsides of being a renter, you don't get to choose your appliances!

~ Jenney
Old Aug 27th 2013, 1:21 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Just Jenney
Duly noted.

Critters with higher than needed leg quotient? This I will have to think about. I'm not really sure what falls into this category. What's the cut-off point for optimum required leg quotient?

~ Jenney
This is quite an important topic that has arisen here recently. It is widely accepted by everyone (and by everyone I mean me, mainly), that no creature should have more than 4 legs. Ever. There is no reason for it and, well, its just rather unpleasant and unnecessary. That said, too few legs can also lead you down the road to creepy town.

Fortunately we have a Wiki on the subject now to guide you.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 1:58 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Just Jenney, WB from another one from back in the day, next month makes 11 years on here, I was K3ing when you were K1ing.

Sorry for the circumstances of your split. It is tough when you've merged lives for any length of time and suddenly everything changes. My ex's extended family, his aunt and uncle, who I liked and their daughter had always been warm and welcoming. The minute the ex walked it was as if I had never existed, a bit odd after over 24 years of marriage......... Weird, my ex SIL who had also (along with her 2 daughters) turned their collective backs, "rediscovered" me at my son's wedding 9 years ago. Nicer to me than she ever was while I was married to her brother.

So onward and upward chickadee. All the best and looking forward to seeing you around.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 2:52 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I was at Trader Joe's the other day, how does the "Three Buck Chuck" work for you?
I'm not fussy (This coming from someone who stocks up on the Winking Owl wine at Aldis )
Old Aug 27th 2013, 5:26 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jenney! (Or Jinny, as RTI used to call you, LOL) I'm still around! I'm sorry to hear of your breakup news, but I'm glad you came back to hang out with us again!

Don't fret, everything happens for a reason, even if you don't know what the reason is right now.

HUGS,
Rene
Old Aug 28th 2013, 3:06 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Just Jenney, WB from another one from back in the day, next month makes 11 years on here, I was K3ing when you were K1ing.
Another familiar face (ahem, name)! It's incredible, isn't it -- over a decade on this same site. Incredible and wonderful.

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Sorry for the circumstances of your split. It is tough when you've merged lives for any length of time and suddenly everything changes. My ex's extended family, his aunt and uncle, who I liked and their daughter had always been warm and welcoming. The minute the ex walked it was as if I had never existed, a bit odd after over 24 years of marriage......... Weird, my ex SIL who had also (along with her 2 daughters) turned their collective backs, "rediscovered" me at my son's wedding 9 years ago. Nicer to me than she ever was while I was married to her brother.
Actually, I know exactly what you mean. I'm sorry to say that this is actually my 2nd divorce (quite a source of shame for me; I find it very embarrassing and stigmatizing. ) My first husband was my high school sweetheart. I was very close to his family. We started dating when I was 15, married at 23 and split up at 27. One day he just told me he wasn't coming home and he never did again. We'd had some problems and had been to counseling, but he never once mentioned divorce or even separation. It was completely unexpected.

Despite that, though, it was actually very amicable -- he made sure I was taken care of, that I would be okay, especially since I had never been on my own before. We remained on good terms and still keep in touch. But like your ex's family, his family suddenly evaporated from my life. I went to seeing or talking to them fairly frequently to never. No emails, no calls, no letters. It was very odd, and very painful.

Thankfully that didn't happen with Mark's family, although it is a bit strained since they're still trying to grapple with the whole break-up thing. I think being so far away makes it harder for them because the only contact we have is via email, Facebook and the very occasional phone call. I told them last week that the divorce was finalized (Mark hadn't told them; he rarely communicates with them, that was always my role in our family). My hope is that knowing this will give them a sense of closure, that the book on our life together is now closed and we should all be ready to move on. We'll see.

~ Jenney
Old Aug 28th 2013, 3:13 am
I'm back!

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Jenney! (Or Jinny, as RTI used to call you, LOL) I'm still around! I'm sorry to hear of your breakup news, but I'm glad you came back to hang out with us again!

Don't fret, everything happens for a reason, even if you don't know what the reason is right now.

HUGS,
Rene
Rene! How are you? There are a handful of people I remember really well from this site, and you're one of them. Always so kind, friendly and accommodating. It's great to see you again. This truly is -- to borrow from a U2 song - "a sort of homecoming"!

RTI -- Wow, isn't THAT a flash from the past!! Whatever happened to her? The hours of entertainment she brought to these boards herein.

Here, for old time's sake: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311923

~ Jinney... I mean, Jenney
Old Aug 28th 2013, 3:15 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

I had the option of purchasing my own washing appliances when I moved into my apartment. I insisted on it, as the top loaders would have depressed me. I look forward to being able to buy a home here and going to the local Miele dealer
Old Aug 28th 2013, 3:27 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Just Jenney
.... People who say Hunt's ketchup tastes the same as Heinz ketchup are on crack.
I will alert the local police department, this simple test will, no doubt save them much time, money, and effort; not to mention lab fees!
.... Critters with higher than needed leg quotient? This I will have to think about. I'm not really sure what falls into this category. What's the cut-off point for optimum required leg quotient?
This is Nutek's domain, except he forgot the special exception for five-legged critters. Anything with six or more legs is officially designated as "scary" and upon sight or exposure you are permitted to lock yourself indoors until first frost. Do NOT even consider eating anything with six or more legs. If you accidentally become exposed, eating a dozen Devil Dogs should provide relief.
.... Thankfully no need to get any of them repaired, in Texas or otherwise. (Texas?) .....
Boston. It's Boston that is devoid of cobblers with the highest quality replacement leather soles.
.... I'm afraid I can't help with this one. I've only ever used top loading machines....
You have already made Boomhauser jealous! The rest of us pity you!

Last edited by Pulaski; Aug 28th 2013 at 3:36 am.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

mamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jenney....welcome back! I don't think I knew you before, but welcome back anyway.
The end of my first marriage in the UK was similar to yours.....but in the UK.
We were together 29 years, and I found out he'd been humping his best friend's wife for 2 years .Apparently everyone knew except me.....
At the time, I was devastated.....but now, looking back, it was the best thing that ever happened to me.
After the usual death threats etc. from me, I threw his stuff out onto the front porch before he came home the next day.... and divorced him on the exact day of our silver wedding anniversary.

I decided to change my life....gave up my long-standing job with the NHS.... and went to Egypt to become a scuba diving instructor...
I spent a very happy 5 years alone, loving my job and my new life....
Then I met my (now) husband, a newly-retired man (USC)who was travelling some of the world.
We were married within 5 months of meeting....stuck a pin in a map of the USA, and ended up in Georgia. We're just coming up to our 7th anniversary, and couldn't be happier.
So.... there's definitely life after cheating a**holes!!
Old Aug 28th 2013, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mamasue
Hi Jenney....welcome back! I don't think I knew you before, but welcome back anyway.
The end of my first marriage in the UK was similar to yours.....but in the UK.
We were together 29 years, and I found out he'd been humping his best friend's wife for 2 years .Apparently everyone knew except me.....
At the time, I was devastated.....but now, looking back, it was the best thing that ever happened to me.
After the usual death threats etc. from me, I threw his stuff out onto the front porch before he came home the next day.... and divorced him on the exact day of our silver wedding anniversary.

I decided to change my life....gave up my long-standing job with the NHS.... and went to Egypt to become a scuba diving instructor...
I spent a very happy 5 years alone, loving my job and my new life....
Then I met my (now) husband, a newly-retired man (USC)who was travelling some of the world.
We were married within 5 months of meeting....stuck a pin in a map of the USA, and ended up in Georgia. We're just coming up to our 7th anniversary, and couldn't be happier.
So.... there's definitely life after cheating a**holes!!
Old Aug 28th 2013, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Yeah. What she says. I'm Lizzy's second husband, and we've been together 20 years ourselves. At our wedding, I used Avis Car Rental's motto "We're number two, we try harder"
Old Aug 28th 2013, 1:27 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
This is Nutek's domain, except he forgot the special exception for five-legged critters. Anything with six or more legs is officially designated as "scary" and upon sight or exposure you are permitted to lock yourself indoors until first frost. Do NOT even consider eating anything with six or more legs. If you accidentally become exposed, eating a dozen Devil Dogs should provide relief.
Quite right, Five legs are cool.

*Disclaimer* removing legs from something until the total reduces to five does not qualify as cool, though the scare factor does decrease with the resulting reduction in mobility.

Old Aug 28th 2013, 1:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quite right, Five legs are cool.

*Disclaimer* removing legs from something until the total reduces to five does not qualify as cool, though the scare factor does decrease with the resulting reduction in mobility.

That's because you've pulled one of its legs off.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That's because you've pulled one of its legs off.
We Starfish can grow new ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.