Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Iconic Rock Photos from 1970s, 80s and 90s

Iconic Rock Photos from 1970s, 80s and 90s

Old Nov 3rd 2017, 1:42 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iconic Rock Photos from 1970s, 80s and 90s

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Bowie - pointing through the tv screen at every teenager living in small-minded British suburbia and longing to get out and get away.
It's an eternal regret that I never took the chance to see Bowie live.
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 1:58 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I have seen four of them live, plus 2/5 of another (who were disappointing to say the least). Queen, at the hight of their success, on the Kind of Magic tour after Live Aid, was definitely one I am glad I saw. Stevie Nicks is extraordinary and I would pay to see her again.

Ozzy I have seen several times, and I saw saw Frampton once but he wasn't that special.

I am not that concerned, at least not yet, that I haven't seen Kiss, but the rest I doubt I would bother with even if you paid me, including Bowie (if he was still alive) and the 5/5 (if they weren't 3/5 dead).

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 3rd 2017 at 2:21 pm.
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 1:58 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

He came on so loaded man......
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 1:59 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I have seen four of them live, plus 2/5 of another (who were disappointing to say the least). Queen, at the hight of their success, on the Kinda magic tour after Live Aid, was definitely one I am glad I saw. Stevie Nicks is extraordinary and I would pay to see here again.

Ozzy I have seen several times, and I saw saw Frampton once but he wasn't that special.

I am not that concerned, at least not yet, that I haven't seen Kiss, but the rest I doubt I would bother with even if you paid me, including Bowie (if he was still alive) and the 5/5 (if they weren't 3/5 dead).
The OH describes Stevie Nicks as a decorated toilet brush.
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 2:09 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

The OH describes Stevie Nicks as a decorated toilet brush.
If I remember correctly, she changed costume between every song, which gave her band time to shine on their own, and turned probably 80-90 minutes of vocals into a two hour show. All was fine with me, and Stevie's "Other side of the Mirror" show one of the best concerts I have ever seen, albeit at the softest end of my musical interest.
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 2:18 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen four of them live, plus 2/5 of another (who were disappointing to say the least). Queen, at the hight of their success, on the Kinda magic tour after Live Aid, was definitely one I am glad I saw. Stevie Nicks is extraordinary and I would pay to see here again.

I will always be eternally jealous that you saw Queen on the Magic Tour. It was at Wembley as well, wasn't it? That's some of the best live performance given by any band ever at that concert and at least it was immortalized in film so I will always have my DVD to watch

I took my son to see Kiss in Chicago for his 11th birthday. I like their music, I'm not a massive die-hard fan or anything, but it was a good solid show.

The one band (other than The Beatles) that I really wish I had the chance to see, and who weren't pictured here, is Pink Floyd. Especially Division Bell/PULSE era Floyd, now that would have been a good show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkmWgR4_qbg

He came on so loaded man......
Noice.
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 2:25 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Rod Stewart
I thought he looked absolutely gorgeous. My mother adored Rod Stewart, therefore I knew all of his songs growing up. Maggie May was her favorite and still chokes me up.
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 4:11 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I took my son to see Kiss in Chicago for his 11th birthday. I like their music, I'm not a massive die-hard fan or anything, but it was a good solid show.

Kiss was always marketed at kids. We saw them when I was 13-14. My brother would have been 15-16 and he was obsessed with them. My parents went with us even brought my little sister who would have been 3-4 years old. I remember she was tiny enough to stand up on my Dad's shoulders and she had an absolute blast. It's a wonderful memory and now when I look at it ... for a working class family, it must have been a huge deal for my parents to come up with the money. We rarely got to do things like that.
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 4:14 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Leslie
Kiss was always marketed at kids. We saw them when I was 13-14. My brother would have been 15-16 and he was obsessed with them. My parents went with us even brought my little sister who would have been 3-4 years old. I remember she was tiny enough to stand up on my Dad's shoulders and she had an absolute blast. It's a wonderful memory and now when I look at it ... for a working class family, it must have been a huge deal for my parents to come up with the money. We rarely got to do things like that.
Yeah, there were a lot of kids at the show we went to as well. Great stuff.
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 10:36 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

We got free tickets to see Kiss a couple of years ago. It was a lot of fun.

On a side note, I saw Paul Stanley when he played the Phantom in Phantom of the Opera.
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 11:28 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm too young to have seen most of these live Hubby saw Bowie a few times, he still says he's the highlight of all the gigs he's seen.

Thanks for posting those Leslie, they are really great.

We go to the Fillmore in SF a lot, for every gig that's ever been held there they print a poster. These are given out to the audience as you leave the venue. The venue is completely covered in the framed posters going back years. Everyone you can imagine has played there, we always remark how it would have been amazing to see some of these people in such a great venue that only holds 1,000 people.
Old Nov 4th 2017, 12:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
I thought he looked absolutely gorgeous. My mother adored Rod Stewart, therefore I knew all of his songs growing up. Maggie May was her favorite and still chokes me up.
You mother had great taste. Maggie May is my favorite as well mostly because it was playing when M and I first met. He asked me to dance and the rest is history

Thanks for posting. Lots of memories
Old Nov 4th 2017, 3:56 am

I will always be eternally jealous that you saw Queen on the Magic Tour. It was at Wembley as well, wasn't it? That's some of the best live performance given by any band ever at that concert .....
Yes it was, and yes it was. It was one of those things when the pieces just fell into place. My parents' neighbours' kids were too young to go, and there wasn't a hope in hell that my parents would have taken me, so my mother kept an eye on their kids for the day, and I got to go to Wembley with them to see one of the greatest shows of all time!
.... The one band ..... that I really wish I had the chance to see, and who weren't pictured here, is Pink Floyd. Especially Division Bell/PULSE era Floyd, now that would have been a good show. .....
Yes it would, and missing Floyd is one thing I will eternally regret. As big as they were at the time it never occurred to me that they would just stop touring.

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 4th 2017 at 4:14 am.
Old Nov 4th 2017, 4:13 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by N1cky
I'm too young to have seen most of these live Hubby saw Bowie a few times, he still says he's the highlight of all the gigs he's seen.

Thanks for posting those Leslie, they are really great.

We go to the Fillmore in SF a lot, for every gig that's ever been held there they print a poster. These are given out to the audience as you leave the venue. The venue is completely covered in the framed posters going back years. Everyone you can imagine has played there, we always remark how it would have been amazing to see some of these people in such a great venue that only holds 1,000 people.
I love small venues. One of the best shows I ever saw was Bob Dylan at Vicar Street in Dublin, 2000/2001-ish. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea and can have his off nights but he was on fire that night and his band was on point. I think there was maybe 6-700 people there but it was absolutely electric.

Likewise with Mark Knopfler at the Odyssey in Belfast. Helps that he's my favourite guitarist every to pick up a guitar in the history of stringed instruments but there can't have been much more than a few thousand in there and he just killed it.

Then again, 60,000 odd people at Soldier Field last year for U2 was equally a blow-you-away kind of atmosphere, so your mileage may vary

Yes it was, and yes it was. It was one of those things when the pieces just fell into place. My parents' neighbours' kids were too young to go, and their wasn't a hope in hell that my parents would have taken me, so my mother kept an eye on their kids for the day, and I got to go to Wembley with them to see one of the greatest shows of all time!
I think it was the one that was filmed as well. So somewhere in that giant sea of heads I see on my DVD when the camera was behind Freddie is your head

That will go down though, as one of the single best concerts in history. Even hundreds of years from now if you ask me. There will never be another Freddie. Yes, I got to see Brian May play his Red Special live, but it just wasn't the same.

Yes it would, and missing Floyd is one thing I will eternally regret. As big as they were at the time it never occurred to me that they would just stop touring.
That one sucked too because I was about 15 at the time and it was right after I'd properly got into Floyd, so I'd probably have gone to see them if they'd played Belfast or Dublin, but they didn't. That would have been my first concert as well.

As it turned out, I went to my first concert the following year (1995), which was REM packing out Slane Castle for the Monster tour. Great days
Old Nov 4th 2017, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Redwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting these Leslie; brought back a lot of memories, particularly Roy Orbison, who suffered a lot of tragedy in his life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.