Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

I wasn't gonna go and watch "Star Trek"...

Wikiposts

I wasn't gonna go and watch "Star Trek"...

Old Apr 30th 2009, 8:16 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I wasn't gonna go and watch "Star Trek"...

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
such as the Klingon foreheads in the last Star Trek series being wrong.
That was explained. Klingons started off with lumpy foreheads, like in Enterprise. Then they got this plague and the only cure was a genetic modification, based on human DNA, which resulted in them having smooth foreheads by the time of ToS. Subsequently, this genetic impurity was fixed and the Klingon species reverted to its original genotype, hence lumpy foreheads again by the time of TNG, DS9 and Voyager.

I'll get my coat.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

orangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to behold

That's the worst part for me. First of all you know who won't die, then you have the chance of things being wrong, such as the Klingon foreheads in the last Star Trek series being wrong.
That was always the funny thing in the original series. Kirk, Spock, Bones, and one random character would beam down to a planet. You always knew that one character wasn't beaming back.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orangemirror
That was always the funny thing in the original series. Kirk, Spock, Bones, and one random character would beam down to a planet. You always knew that one character wasn't beaming back.

Known as Ensign Expendable!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 2:32 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebs
Known as Ensign Expendable!
and they always wore a red shirt..
Old Apr 30th 2009, 2:56 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
That was explained. Klingons started off with lumpy foreheads, like in Enterprise. Then they got this plague and the only cure was a genetic modification, based on human DNA, which resulted in them having smooth foreheads by the time of ToS. Subsequently, this genetic impurity was fixed and the Klingon species reverted to its original genotype, hence lumpy foreheads again by the time of TNG, DS9 and Voyager.

I'll get my coat.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
and they always wore a red shirt..

The original series Star Trek was a huge part of my formative years, I don't think this can live up to it but I'll probably see it anyway. Simon Pegg is fab although he was in something rubbish on TV a while back
Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:19 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux

The original series Star Trek was a huge part of my formative years, I don't think this can live up to it but I'll probably see it anyway. Simon Pegg is fab although he was in something rubbish on TV a while back
Me to, I just hope I haven't seen all the good bits in the trailers on TV

my poor brother keeps getting mistaken for Simon Pegg, (mind you he is his doppleganger).. I've told him he should cash in on it and go to a cinema and pretend to be him and see how many times he gets asked for his autograph..
Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
Me to, I just hope I haven't seen all the good bits in the trailers on TV

my poor brother keeps getting mistaken for Simon Pegg, (mind you he is his doppleganger).. I've told him he should cash in on it and go to a cinema and pretend to be him and see how many times he gets asked for his autograph..
he should!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 3:36 pm
Last orders please...

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
he should!
hmmm...sounds like a plan for something to do on Saturday night...
Old May 1st 2009, 2:09 am
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I'll get my coat.
Well they should've explained that before the first episode, I didn't watch any more after that Plus I didn't think it was right having Samuel Beckett in it.
Old May 1st 2009, 2:14 am

Well they should've explained that before the first episode, I didn't watch any more after that Plus I didn't think it was right having Samuel Beckett in it.
It took them some time to work out that it needed explaining. At one point, there were several competing theories going around. My favourite was that ToS was a Federation propaganda effort, which played down the ferociousness of the Klingons so as not to dishearten the human race.

I liked Quantum Leap, too.
Old May 2nd 2009, 2:54 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

I'll get my coat.
Are you related to my husband Mark? This sounds exactly like something he would say...

~ Jenney
Old May 4th 2009, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice

for anyone: are you a Trekkie or a Trekker?
Old May 5th 2009, 1:17 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melody32
Neither, I'm a Whovian.
Old May 5th 2009, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by melody32
We are Borg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.