Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

I need "American Music"

I need "American Music"

Old Jul 11th 2009, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need "American Music"

Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Country Road, Take Me Home - John Denver
Rocky Mountain High - John Denver
Midnight Train to Georgia - Gladys Knight
Old Jul 11th 2009, 7:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, so the Youtube links of the Indigo Girls singing Southland in the Springtime are crap, the lyrics are beautiful. It's worth checking out if you can buy it on ITunes.

Maybe we'll make Texas by the morning
Light the Bayou with our tail lights in the night
800 miles to El Paso from the state line
And we never have the money for the flight
I'm in the back seat sleepy from the travel
Played our hearts out all night long in New Orleans
I'm dirty from the diesel fumes, drinking coffee black
When the first breath of Texas comes in clean
And there's something 'bout the Southland in the springtime
Where the waters flow with confidence and reason
Though I miss her when I'm gone it won't ever be too long
Till I'm home again to spend my favorite season
When God made me born a Yankee he was teasin'
There's no place like home and none more pleasin'
Than the Southland in the springtime
In Georgia nights are softer than a whisper
Beneath a quilt somebody's mother made by hand
With the farmland like a tapestry passed down through generations
And the peach trees stitched across the land
There'll be cider up near Helen off the roadside
And boiled peanuts in a bag to warm your fingers
And the smoke from the chimneys meets its maker in the sky
With a song that winter wrote whose melody lingers
Old Jul 11th 2009, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Here's a must include for your theme ...

"Sin Wagon"

Old Jul 11th 2009, 7:47 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Kaffy gave some good tips.

There's one crappy song I remember from my mum's Jimmy Saville's Golden Oldies Sunday afternoons (more than one actually) and I think it was callled:

"24 hours from Tulsa"
Old Jul 11th 2009, 7:49 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Kaffy gave some good tips.

There's one crappy song I remember from my mum's Jimmy Saville's Golden Oldies Sunday afternoons (more than one actually) and I think it was callled:

"24 hours from Tulsa"
Gene Pitney! (the smilies depict how I felt when I realised I knew the answer)
Old Jul 11th 2009, 7:50 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and when they leave: The Clash I'm so Bored of the U.S.A.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My husband contributed the 8th of November by Big and Rich. Says the song gives him chills ... not sure if it works for a mix tape, but will let you be the judge.

Old Jul 11th 2009, 7:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Something a bit more lighthearted.

Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:01 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Titchski
Gene Pitney! (the smilies depict how I felt when I realised I knew the answer)

Did you have to listen to the Golden Oldies as well?

What about (nothing to do with the American thread) From a Jack to a Queen?

Joleen - always hated that one - don't know why.

Tell Laura I Love Her
Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:01 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
Other wise I'm just gonna play my Johnny Cash play list.
Well you can't go wrong there...

I'm thinking some Jimmy Buffett titles have to be in there too. Remember, it's going to be the middle of the night. Don't want to jar the old folks.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Here's a great one. "Devil Goes Down to Georgia" - Charlie Daniels Band. (The pics on this video are weird, but it's the original recording.) My husband says, make sure you buy the unedited version.

Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Okay, and given that you're in Chicago, you need to include something by Chicago. This one mentions the 4th of July, and is one of their best.

"Saturday in the Park"

Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:10 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Buy?

I'll look into 'Buying' them now
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:25 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Wow I am rude. THANK YOU, sorry. My heads in such a dizz, so thank you for all the responses.

Oh and they land in the PM not the AM sorry for the confusion.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
Wow I am rude. THANK YOU, sorry. My heads in such a dizz, so thank you for all the responses.

Oh and they land in the PM not the AM sorry for the confusion.
Well do at least let us know what gimmick you do come up with at the airport - if any - and what music you have in the car afterwards ........... or should that be 'truck' or '4x4' or 'Ute' ????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.