Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

I know there are bereavement flights...

I know there are bereavement flights...

Old Apr 28th 2014, 12:04 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: I know there are bereavement flights...

Originally Posted by Southy_SWFC
So Dad did what the doctors said they wouldn't and has made somewhat of a recovery. There still isn't much of a long term future but he's hanging in there
He's waiting for you my lovely.

Safe journey and I hope you both get to spend wonderful quality time together.

All the best to you and your lovely Dad.
Old Apr 28th 2014, 12:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

So Dad did what the doctors said they wouldn't and has made somewhat of a recovery. There still isn't much of a long term future but he's hanging in there
I'm glad to hear you made it back in time to spend some time with your dad. Keep hanging in there dad!!
Old Apr 28th 2014, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

As my Dad turns 90 on Thursday, I surely feel it, too! I won't be there in person, but in spirit. Mum turns 82 on Wednesday as well!!
Old May 19th 2014, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Southy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond repute

Dad recovered enough to come home but returned to hospital the next night, got transferred to a hospice and sadly passed away the next evening. The only blessing being that he did so surrounded by my Mum, me and my 2 brothers.
The funeral was last Tuesday and I've got a few more days at home until I return on Wednesday
Old May 19th 2014, 9:41 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Dad recovered enough to come home but returned to hospital the next night, got transferred to a hospice and sadly passed away the next evening. The only blessing being that he did so surrounded by my Mum, me and my 2 brothers.
The funeral was last Tuesday and I've got a few more days at home until I return on Wednesday
Sad times. Glad you were all with him. We were all with my father during his last few weeks and I was with him at the end. Possibly the hardest but greatest experience of my life and I know it meant everything to him. Wouldn't have missed it for the world. I hope you feel the same in time to come.
Old May 19th 2014, 12:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My condolences to you and your family. I'm glad you were able to be with him at the end. It must be a comfort to your mum that you are able to spend time with her before leaving.
Old May 19th 2014, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

denzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nice

So sorry to hear this, at least you managed to get back home to support your Dad and the rest of your family.
Old Jun 29th 2014, 4:09 am
Just Joined

shughes007 will become famous soon enoughshughes007 will become famous soon enough

...but are there "my Dad is sick and I need to get back ASAP just in case" flights?

I've tried SkyScanner and Kayak but they both show up prices of around $1600 for next day flights.
I had a bereavement flight, you will need to have a death certificate. It really wasn't much saving. Flight prices usually go higher 6 weeks out and keep going higher right up to the day of travel. Flyin on Xmas day or New Year may sometimes be a little cheaper. Icelandic have some of the cheaper flights. Also consider Aer Lingus to Dublin and taking the ferry to Holyhead.
Old Jun 29th 2014, 5:21 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shughes007
I had a bereavement flight, you will need to have a death certificate. ....... Flyin on Xmas day or New Year may sometimes be a little cheaper. .....
I'll go ahead and ask my elderly relatives to make sure they die 2-3 days before Christmas, and to have them fax me a death certificate ahead of time.
Old Jun 29th 2014, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

shughes007 will become famous soon enoughshughes007 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I'll go ahead and ask my elderly relatives to make sure they die 2-3 days before Christmas, and to have them fax me a death certificate ahead of time.
You can show the certificate, or letter from a doctor on the return flight so no need to increase the morphine.