Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

I have a small problem...

I have a small problem...

Old Jul 26th 2009, 2:23 am
member of little note

made of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have a small problem...

Originally Posted by dbj1000
This one should look good. Don't want to overdo things when you're new to the neighborhood, after all!

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/poli...nt/bigflag.jpg
yer! but I am worried people might miss that?
We put a small American flag by our post box the night Obarma got in along with a traditional Kenyan dress (for want of a better word) that I was given in Kenya, the material came down the next day as I was worried about ruining it, have had it for 15 years almost. and love it
anyway the flag was removed by my kids in about May, for a game they where playing and a neighbour a few weeks later wanted to know why it was gone!!
Old Jul 26th 2009, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

We had a union jack outside the old house but some bastard nicked it .... This 4th of july I actually bought and paid for a stars & stripes ($4.99 at CVS) and put it out front to please my little girl who is of course a USC so she should support her country ...... come to that so do I
Old Jul 26th 2009, 8:22 am
Wishful thinking...

radion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to behold

This one should look good. Don't want to overdo things when you're new to the neighborhood, after all!

Love it and about the right size,how would you go about washing it, don't want it to fade, just need to find a pole big enough so it can be seen from Texas..
Old Jul 26th 2009, 1:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You're right. The petunias are a bit much.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 3:57 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Every other house in town has the stars and stripes hanging outside the house ...then on holidays/presidents birthdays/lynching days they put flags every 10 yards on the main street ...its creepy ..reminds me of a Nuremberg rally from the 1930's ...then again 75% of the town is from German stock .....once remarked at the youngest daughters school band concert than instead of playing the Yankee national anthem they should play Das Deutschlandlied...you just know that the grandparents would all stand up
Old Jul 26th 2009, 4:09 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
You're right. The petunias are a bit much.
Actually considering it's torn, they shouldn't be flying it.

Yes, the petunias DO look nice,
Old Jul 26th 2009, 4:10 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
We had a union jack outside the old house but some bastard nicked it .... This 4th of july I actually bought and paid for a stars & stripes ($4.99 at CVS) and put it out front to please my little girl who is of course a USC so she should support her country ...... come to that so do I
careful Rushman is going to tell you not to call it a Union Jack.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I think it's a sweet thought but do people really fly flags outside thier homes, I have seen it, but its not the everyday norm is it, well not in CA where I am
late in the game; but, there are two homes in our complex that have flags flying everyday and my parents keep theirs out as well.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by radion
Now with everything going on and waiting for the second pack to arrive I was worried about one thing...

When we get our house there, what size flag should I buy, firstly I thought stupidly about a small door flag to hang from the porch area, then I remembered what peeps have told me about submersing myself in American culture, so I'm now thinking of a full sized pole say twenty feet high and a six feet flag, and at night light this up with spotlights, Friday nights fireworks...

So what do you all think, too much, not enough, I don't think so sunny Jim..
Seriously, give it a wide berth. You don't want to look like a Twatriot - i.e. similar to those twats found wearing a plastic Union Jack hats singing 'Land of Hope and Glory' at the Last Night of the Proms.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 3:48 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Macca67
Seriously, give it a wide berth. You don't want to look like a Twatriot - i.e. similar to those twats found wearing a plastic Union Jack hats singing 'Land of Hope and Glory' at the Last Night of the Proms.
Agreed its a bit to Chavy for me lol
Old Jul 27th 2009, 3:50 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Agreed its a bit to Chavy for me lol
Drove my chavy to the lavvie
But the lavvie was dry
Old Jul 27th 2009, 3:53 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed
Drove my chavy to the lavvie
But the lavvie was dry
Old Jul 27th 2009, 11:58 am
Wishful thinking...

radion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to behold

So flying the stars and stripes isn't a good thing to do, I just wanted to get involved in their culture, wouldn't flag the union jack here..just an idea
Old Jul 27th 2009, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by radion
So flying the stars and stripes isn't a good thing to do, I just wanted to get involved in their culture, wouldn't flag the union jack here..just an idea
I think it's a good idea if you are either a USC or someone who has an OCD about flying flags. If you want to support the US then pay your taxes on time and support their industry. Luckily for me, where I live the latter is the brewing industry.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 12:34 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

if your going to buy the flag you also have to get the matching cover for your mail box ya know...can't let the neighbourhood down..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.