British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Hurricane Florence - South Carolinas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/hurricane-florence-south-carolinas-917153/)

petitefrancaise Sep 11th 2018 2:06 am

Hurricane Florence - South Carolinas

Stay safe everyone.
even Pulaski!
xx

scrubbedexpat097 Sep 11th 2018 2:51 am

Re: Hurricane Florence - South Carolinas

Yep. It's that time of year again. Lots of old BE posters and some more recent in that vicinity, thinking of you all guys! Stay safe. Flo is looking pretty mean:thumbdown:

tom169 Sep 11th 2018 10:58 am

What about the North Carolinas? :(

But thanks, we are currently working logistics to take a family dog and potentially some people who are evacuating.

tom169 Sep 11th 2018 11:06 am

If there are BE posters looking for a place to go please PM me.

spouse of scouse Sep 11th 2018 11:18 am

Originally Posted by tom169 (Post 12561692)

:heart:

scrubbedexpat097 Sep 11th 2018 11:27 am

Originally Posted by tom169 (Post 12561692)

That's a wonderful gesture. When you hear all your neighbors saying they are going to family here and there and you have no family to go to a friendly voice with an invite is worth a lot .

moneypenny20 Sep 11th 2018 1:00 pm

Hope everyone is safe and it dials it down a bit.

notaclue Sep 11th 2018 1:51 pm

Sitting here waiting for orders to head that way - It is frustrating as they often leave it until the last moment!

MtbbikeVanlife Sep 11th 2018 2:02 pm

Here in Richmond, VA we're expecting some severe flooding and power loss - the ground is already saturated so the tree's will fall on those power lines at the slightest opportunity.

That said, it's nothing compared to being in the path of the storm - as with tom169, we can offer shelter to any expat in need - please PM as needed.

Stay safe !

Carl.

Rete Sep 11th 2018 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by notaclue (Post 12561790)
Sitting here waiting for orders to head that way - It is frustrating as they often leave it until the last moment!

Then again, they don't know how many are needed, where and when until the last minute.

It is hoped that Florence won't reach category 5. Please stay safe everyone in the path of Florence and her resulting flooding and tornadoes.

Owen778 Sep 11th 2018 5:13 pm

Good luck to everyone who's at risk.

We visited the Outer Banks this summer. The beaches are beautiful, but storms can be catastrophic.

BenK91 Sep 11th 2018 5:26 pm

Thinking of people in it's path and hope they stay safe!

TimandRae Sep 11th 2018 7:17 pm

Good luck, folks.

Olly_ Sep 11th 2018 11:56 pm

Stay safe everybody :fingerscrossed:

SarahG Sep 12th 2018 5:22 pm

We have decided to stay at home. If it looks like it is going to get worse for Charleston then we will head out. Windows are boarded up. Both cars have full tanks. We have plenty of water and food. We also have a generator that we picked up today. I'm currently working from home as the hospital has said only emergency personnel should be on site. Team A are due to start arriving at noon and are scheduled to be there for 72 hours and they will then be replaced by Team B. As I am not medical personnel I am not required to go in.