Hunting

Old Dec 22nd 2014, 3:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hunting

The deer and elk hunters around here cover a lot of miles usually. Sort of depends on road access, weather. If it is still mild deer, elk especially are still up high.

You start seeing hunters scouting in September. This year seems to be OK but last year it was warm and not many around, hunting seems to be a bit like golf in that respect, different clothing, colder and you carry a gun instead of clubs.

Now there are some areas more easily accessible by road, but not where I am, unless you have access to private property.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 2:17 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

7.62 mm is 0.308 of an inch. Put another way this is how the us and the uk both won world war 2 and continue to be divided by a language.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 2:25 pm

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone interested in a leupold 6x40 scope, immaculate condition, very tough, range and field adjustment, dual reticule? I bought it for metallic silhouette using issued ammo on a 7.62, mauser mounts, excellent gun, modern enfield externally hammered barrel, original no 4 action (positive compensation) and a one off anschutz modelled thumb hole walnut root stock. I used it with an australian stainless barrel for a while, but the enfield was better. Ouch i just checked the current prices, they were expensive then...
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 7:27 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Please can a mod move this to the "what language" thread
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 8:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Please can a mod move this to the "what language" thread
I am confused as well, did not know they did a 6x40.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 9:16 pm

Its 15 years old about, in my loft, i'll check, but i think thats right.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 9:18 pm
Account Closed

Perhaps they did back then?

I am sure Yorkieabroad would appreciate the clarification.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 10:07 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I am confused as well, did not know they did a 6x40.
Yeah, that's right. That's the bit that got me. Honest. Rest of it - totally clear. No problem.
Old Dec 24th 2014, 5:53 am

Golf and hunting... Didnt someone famous describe golf as a good walk ruined � ����. Merry christmas...
Old Dec 27th 2014, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

ottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond repute

$65 sounds like a typo.
Just going to pick up a deer the cost for skinning and butchering was $74.
It was a little more as he sliced the two hindquarters for jerky.
Old Dec 27th 2014, 10:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ottotheboar
Just going to pick up a deer the cost for skinning and butchering was $74.
It was a little more as he sliced the two hindquarters for jerky.
For some reason I have 50c to a buck a pound in my head, and that is more like 25c or so.

Must ask around.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

jeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond repute

For some reason I have 50c to a buck a pound in my head, and that is more like 25c or so.

Must ask around.
Deer don't dress out to more than 50 or 75lbs.
Old Dec 31st 2014, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

lovenlife is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by English88
So, has anyone got into hunting since moving to the US?

I currently live in South FL so my options are fairly limited but I'm keen to have a go. I was recommended a hog hunt where for $150 they'll guide your hunt and if you take a cooler they'll butcher the meat and give it to you at the end. Sounds pretty good.

I love the idea of one day (when I'm not living in South Florida), being able to go into the woods at the weekend either by myself or with my fiancee (then wife) and hunt for our meat. Just wondering if anyone does this after moving here from Britain?
My son (stepson actually) came over to WV on a K-2 from Cornwall. He was a clubbing, surfer, party boy. He is now a confirmed "Redneck" He hunts with rifle and bow, goes bow fishing with a 17' bass tracker we customized with lights along the bow to bow fish at night. He's more into it that an am lol
Old Dec 31st 2014, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

lovenlife is an unknown quantity at this point

Here he is out back practicing on a pumpkin lol
Attached Thumbnails Hunting-img_2729.jpg  
Old Jan 9th 2015, 7:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jeepster
Deer don't dress out to more than 50 or 75lbs.
That is tiny, my friend who got a big Elk this year ended up with 600Lbs in his freezers.

I think the average deer is 200lbs or so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.