Wikiposts

How sad..

Old Feb 4th 2009, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute
Default How sad..

This happened in an apartment complex just around the corner from me.. how tragic..

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/i...-mother-kayley
Old Feb 4th 2009, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Hatfield is a glorious beacon of lightHatfield is a glorious beacon of lightHatfield is a glorious beacon of lightHatfield is a glorious beacon of lightHatfield is a glorious beacon of lightHatfield is a glorious beacon of lightHatfield is a glorious beacon of lightHatfield is a glorious beacon of lightHatfield is a glorious beacon of lightHatfield is a glorious beacon of lightHatfield is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How sad..

Originally Posted by sambapink
This happened in an apartment complex just around the corner from me.. how tragic..

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/i...-mother-kayley
Really terrible. Makes me a little sick.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 3:38 am
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Who the hell puts an on/off switch 20 inches off the ground on any appliance?
Old Feb 4th 2009, 4:02 am
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

That is really sad. The poor parents; I hope that they don't grow to resent their son for this accident.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indigoblue
That is really sad. The poor parents; I hope that they don't grow to resent their son for this accident.
Gosh, I wouldn't think so at 15 months old.. Its just a tragic, horrible accident..
Old Feb 4th 2009, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Hatfield is a glorious beacon of lightHatfield is a glorious beacon of lightHatfield is a glorious beacon of lightHatfield is a glorious beacon of lightHatfield is a glorious beacon of lightHatfield is a glorious beacon of lightHatfield is a glorious beacon of lightHatfield is a glorious beacon of lightHatfield is a glorious beacon of lightHatfield is a glorious beacon of lightHatfield is a glorious beacon of light

Gosh, I wouldn't think so at 15 months old.. Its just a tragic, horrible accident..
I'm sure it's in the back of their mind though.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hatfield
I'm sure it's in the back of their mind though.
Do you think? I think if I were the mother I would be ripped apart with guilt that I had let it happen.. Thats not say this mother is guilty - I don't know how long they were left alone, but it could have happened very quickly.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Do you think? I think if I were the mother I would be ripped apart with guilt that I had let it happen.. Thats not say this mother is guilty - I don't know how long they were left alone, but it could have happened very quickly.
I’m not sure everyone would react differently I guess but I know I would be a little peeved.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

I would have blamed myself for not watching two little children playing around a washing machine.

RIP little one.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DeanUK2US
I would have blamed myself for not watching two little children playing around a washing machine.

RIP little one.
Yup
Old Feb 4th 2009, 5:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

The article I read said the mother found her after only about 2 minutes, so I'm guessing they weren't alone very long. Very sad indeed. The brother doesn't even realize what he did, I'm sure. I wonder if the parents will ever tell him the truth when he gets older?

Just goes to show that there do need to be some child safety features on all appliances that could potentially kill.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:29 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Even if you are in the house with the kids, you can't and won't always be in the same room with them. For example, she might have just finished with the laundry, was taking the basket into another room to be put away, toddler presses the button, 4 yo climbs up to try to stop machine and falls in. You will never know the sequence of events because the toddler cannot tell you.

It is a tragedy and my heart goes out to the parents for their loss. It is my belief that when a parent losses a child through an accident, they will always live with the what ifs which is always followed by a feeling of guilt.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:55 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

That's very sad.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Very sad, and almost makes me sick to my stomach. As a mom of 2 young kids, jim and I both know how quickly kids can disappear or get into trouble if your turn back for even a moment.

However it would seem that this house was not child-proof, which is really something that every responsible parent would do with two small kids. What sort of idiot would have a plug 20 inches off the ground and at the very least have a childproof plug in it......
Old Feb 4th 2009, 9:29 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore

However it would seem that this house was not child-proof, which is really something that every responsible parent would do with two small kids. What sort of idiot would have a plug 20 inches off the ground and at the very least have a childproof plug in it......
Don't know if this place is a rental or not? If it were, you probably aren't in a position to change that kind of stuff...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.