Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

How Much to Tip Removal Guys in US

How Much to Tip Removal Guys in US

Old Nov 17th 2006, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Fruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really nice
Question How Much to Tip Removal Guys in US

I'm moving back to the UK next Wednesday. I have no idea what to tip the rmeoval guys. What does etiquette demand? A percentage of removal cost? Time? Amount moved? I don't want to commit a faux pas and have all my stuff 'mysteriously' smashed en route.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 7:18 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How Much to Tip Removal Guys in US

Surely that would depend on the service they delivered.
When our stuff was shipped from the UK to the US the guys were bone idle good for nothing lay abouts. A full semi of our stuff arrived, with a fat mexican guy and his son! The best Allied Pickfords had to offer to unpack four 7ft by 7ft containers.
We had paid for full service yet these guys wanted to dump the boxes and go.
I tipped $5 between them - not because I thought they deserved it, they didn't deserve anything; but I knew $5 would p!ss them off more than getting nothing at all LOL.

Originally Posted by Fruit & Veg
I'm moving back to the UK next Wednesday. I have no idea what to tip the rmeoval guys. What does etiquette demand? A percentage of removal cost? Time? Amount moved? I don't want to commit a faux pas and have all my stuff 'mysteriously' smashed en route.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Always21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Much to Tip Removal Guys in US

No idea what the correct etiquette is, but we tipped our removal guys $20 each. Even though we had done a lot of packing ourselves and already moved almost everything onto one floor, they worked and sweated so hard and still took the time to talk to our two year old.

Good luck with the move!