Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

How to make some extra money in these tough times.

Wikiposts

How to make some extra money in these tough times.

Old Dec 20th 2009, 8:09 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to make some extra money in these tough times.

Originally Posted by penguinbar
I'm not sure if that's allowed so I won't.
thanks again for the info
Old Dec 20th 2009, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Wow - that's a lot of money

I once got $100 for trying out an acne cream. I had to visit the researcher's office about five times tho, and got the cheque on the last visit.
As a physician, you can make some serious money with interviews.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500/V10f Teleca/Q7.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.1.17.0)

i tried to do this in the uk but i dont drive so focus groups i cant do.

The online surveys i did also wanted a monthly fee which they said would be less then id make but that put me off.

I could certainly do with extra cash right now so if anyone could pm me with links to usa money making online surveys i would really appreciate it!
No legitimate company will ask you to pay a monthly fee. That is a scam. Beware.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
No legitimate company will ask you to pay a monthly fee. That is a scam. Beware.
If you guys are really lucky, you might even get one of my surveys. I'm getting a real kick out of this thread, this is what I do for a living.

But as I mentioned earlier, NO legitimate company will ask you to pay to participate. That is a scam.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 8:36 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

If you guys are really lucky, you might even get one of my surveys. I'm getting a real kick out of this thread, this is what I do for a living.
When I finally get to do one, should I type "Kaffy rocks" at the end of every sentence just incase? LOL
Old Dec 20th 2009, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Juswus
When I finally get to do one, should I type "Kaffy rocks" at the end of every sentence just incase? LOL
I have one live right now. Behave yourself.

Edited to say - depending on who you sign up with you may receive a couple of invites a week (appropriate) or up to 20/day (completely inappropriate). I don't know who you signed up with but hope it's one of the good ones.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 9:00 am

thinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure how useful the data is that is collected from these things.

I became frustrated at completing anywhere up to 10 minutes of a survey to be told I wasn't in the target audience, with no credit for all that time already taken.
Its usually obvious which market they are looking for, and I'll adjust my answers to ensure I get to complete the survey if I've already committed any period of time to it. The result is completely fictitious responses. Maybe these survey companies ought to reward everyone who gets at least a certain part of the way through a survey...
Old Dec 20th 2009, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by thinbrit
I'm not sure how useful the data is that is collected from these things.

I became frustrated at completing anywhere up to 10 minutes of a survey to be told I wasn't in the target audience, with no credit for all that time already taken.
Its usually obvious which market they are looking for, and I'll adjust my answers to ensure I get to complete the survey if I've already committed any period of time to it. The result is completely fictitious responses. Maybe these survey companies ought to reward everyone who gets at least a certain part of the way through a survey...
And sometimes, not always, there are algorithms looking for people who have changed their answers to qualify for a survey. You can get banned from a panel for doing that. Just a heads up.

Some companies do give you points or similar for attempting to qualify for a survey. If you've done 10 minutes before you've been disqualified that's a very poorly written survey.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 3:01 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

I only included the surveys that I have had success with. I ommited plenty believe me! I have never had to pay for any surveys or focus groups
Old Dec 20th 2009, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

If you've done 10 minutes before you've been disqualified that's a very poorly written survey.
Or Thinbrit is a ___v___ e___ r___ y___ slow reader....
Old Dec 20th 2009, 4:27 pm

thinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toontje
Or Thinbrit is a ___v___ e___ r___ y___ slow reader....
English is not my first language, I was born north of the watford gap
Old Dec 21st 2009, 4:04 am
BritChickUS

kwilson will become famous soon enoughkwilson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by thinbrit
English is not my first language, I was born north of the watford gap
LMAO
Old Dec 21st 2009, 6:35 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

And sometimes, not always, there are algorithms looking for people who have changed their answers to qualify for a survey. You can get banned from a panel for doing that. Just a heads up.

Some companies do give you points or similar for attempting to qualify for a survey. If you've done 10 minutes before you've been disqualified that's a very poorly written survey.
I no longer participate in the one's that take 10 minutes or more and disqualify you. There are plenty as well! I think that is such a cool job you have by the way!
Old Dec 21st 2009, 8:09 am
Just Joined

liclgl is an unknown quantity at this point

i my experience most of the proposals online are bordering on fraudulent deceit, flooding your mailbox, and reveal your privet information on the network.

It is not worth the money...that only rarely comes
Old Dec 21st 2009, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liclgl
i my experience most of the proposals online are bordering on fraudulent deceit, flooding your mailbox, and reveal your privet information on the network.

It is not worth the money...that only rarely comes
If you take the time to read the thread, this has been discussed in previous posts...that is why the OP and others have been kind enough to pass on the ones that in 'their' experience have been worth the time and effort!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.