British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   How to make some extra money in these tough times. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/how-make-some-extra-money-these-tough-times-643396/)

penguinbar Dec 4th 2009 4:23 pm

How to make some extra money in these tough times.

Hi,
I know times are tough and money is tight this year. For several years I have been participating in online surveys and local focus groups. Some of the surveys are only for people in the USA and some are international. It is perfectly legal . I don't know if it's allowed to post the names of the companys so I won't. Just google online surveys and focus groups and several will come up. I have also gotten to test out several products for free such as shampoo, laundry detergent, food and makeup.I then give my opinion on it. It doesn't take a lot of time and can really make a difference in your income beleive it or not.

Noorah101 Dec 4th 2009 4:32 pm

Re: How to make some extra money in these tough times.

Originally Posted by penguinbar (Post 8146650)
Hi,
I know times are tough and money is tight this year. For several years I have been participating in online surveys and local focus groups. Some of the surveys are only for people in the USA and some are international. It is perfectly legal . I don't know if it's allowed to post the names of the companys so I won't. Just google online surveys and focus groups and several will come up. I have also gotten to test out several products for free such as shampoo, laundry detergent, food and makeup.I then give my opinion on it. It doesn't take a lot of time and can really make a difference in your income beleive it or not.

I just did one of those, too. I am on the call list for a marketing research firm, and just recently was able to qualify to participate. It was a survey on pre-packaged fresh veggies. Got to try the veggies for a week, fill out the survey, and return it. Received $50.00 for eating veggies and answering a few questions. :)

Rene

Englishtart Dec 4th 2009 4:48 pm

I signed up to join a couple of those, I got so much junk mail from it, that I just gave up and cancelled everything, would be interested to maybe try one that isn't a pita though, if you wouldn't mind PM'ing me the info;)

penguinbar Dec 4th 2009 5:22 pm

Englishtart sent you a PM. I will PM anyone else who is interested as well. As Rene pointed out it's simple and easy and you get paid for your opinions!

SarahG Dec 4th 2009 5:34 pm

I used to do stuff like that in the UK along with being a Mystery Shopper. I bet I am not allowed to do it in the US as I am here on a H4 visa. :(

Englishtart Dec 4th 2009 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by penguinbar (Post 8146796)
Englishtart sent you a PM. I will PM anyone else who is interested as well. As Rene pointed out it's simple and easy and you get paid for your opinions!

:thumbup: Thank you and to Rene too, appreciate the links ;)

penguinbar Dec 4th 2009 6:18 pm

Sure! Also sometimes the surveys and focus group invites end up in your junkmail so add them to your safe senders lists.

Ozzidoc Dec 4th 2009 6:19 pm

What kind of figures are we talking about here?

I dont think that I can be bothered for $5, but would be for >$20 :)

bevinva Dec 4th 2009 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc (Post 8146916)

How far would you go for $20?

meauxna Dec 4th 2009 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc (Post 8146916)

I got $75 for talking about cat food.
Free lunch too. :)

bevinva Dec 4th 2009 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 8146935)
I got $75 for talking about cat food.
Free lunch too. :)

You ate cat food.:eek:

Ozzidoc Dec 4th 2009 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by bevinva (Post 8146923)
How far would you go for $20?

20 miles.

penguinbar Dec 4th 2009 6:46 pm

For focus groups I have been paid anywhere from $75- $400. They have lasted between 1 and 3 hours and they were local in NYC. As Meauxna said they include free lunch or at least a nice array of coffee and cake. Easy money!

meauxna Dec 4th 2009 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by bevinva (Post 8146936)
You ate cat food.:eek:

I never! :eek:
(just a little....)

avanutria Dec 4th 2009 7:43 pm

I'd also be very happy to receive PMs with names or websites of reputable companies for this :)