Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

How happy are you living in AMERICA?

How happy are you living in AMERICA?

Old May 19th 2016, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How happy are you living in AMERICA?

Originally Posted by dc koop
I like America because BIG is good here. I get big sized meals in restaurants and if I have to leave some of it at least I don't leave the restaurant feeling like I didn't get enough to feed a goony bird. I like having a big diesel pick up which rides as well as any passenger car or SUV and diesel is cheap and the MPG hard to beat. I like the big parking spots to park the big pick up in and I like the careful consideration I get from other drivers not to scratch or dent the bodywork when they park next to me. (in my neck of the woods anyway)
I like the big open empty spaces of the deserts with the mountain scenery.

I'm not a big guy but I like room to breath
I'm happy here, I was happy in the UK, I just did not like where I was living in the UK. Whatever one might think of American suburbia, I found the West London suburbs depressingly awful, plus the lousy weather. Given the opportunity to move to the US I jumped at chance, came over with a 4 year old and an18 month old. The rest is history.
Old May 19th 2016, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

When I came to the US there were plenty of blue collar jobs, you didn't have to have a PHd to get a visa. Most of my friends here have been blue collar. I had at the time a NP1 visa, I have no idea what that is, my daughter still has the same visa and has never taken out US citizenship. Just a personal opinion, but the middle class and (BoBo) is more likely to be dissatisfied and disgruntled with the US.

Last edited by johnwoo; May 19th 2016 at 10:36 pm.
Old May 20th 2016, 5:51 am
Banned

themadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I watched a tribute to Jimmy Hill on IPlayer last night, very MOVING.
How?

They block my VPNs
Old May 20th 2016, 6:20 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnwoo
I'm happy here, I was happy in the UK, I just did not like where I was living in the UK. Whatever one might think of American suburbia, I found the West London suburbs depressingly awful, plus the lousy weather. Given the opportunity to move to the US I jumped at chance, came over with a 4 year old and an18 month old. The rest is history.
I was happy enough when I settled here. I met my wife, bought a starter home and had a steady job. My wife was at law school studying to become a real estate lawyer. I did however go through bouts of home sickness occasionally but didn't have the money to take a trip back to the UK when the urge hit me.

My wife eventually told me that if I wanted to move back to the UK she would be happy to give it a try too. But then she became pregnant so that was the end of that idea. In time we bought a nicer home, she graduated from law school and eventually we did manage to make it back to the Uk to see family again.

I've lived here so long now it sometimes feels as if I was born here. We've taken trips to other parts of the US. We spent a month back east in Connecticut once. Couldn't wait to get back to California. Got homesick for the place

Last edited by dc koop; May 20th 2016 at 6:22 am.
Old May 20th 2016, 3:03 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

I am very HAPPY The Dude loves it and doesn't want to move back EVER. Hubby works 24hrs a day 365 days a year (at least it seems that way) he may be a bit GLUM.

20 Days in Hawaii coming up should cheer him right up though!
Old May 20th 2016, 3:15 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
I am very HAPPY The Dude loves it and doesn't want to move back EVER. Hubby works 24hrs a day 365 days a year (at least it seems that way) he may be a bit GLUM.

Old May 20th 2016, 4:25 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xi_mena_kita
Hi everybody!

is there somebody who can answer a couple of Beatles related questions and send me a video?

Thank you ! !
Yes, the Internet and YouTube.
Old May 20th 2016, 9:27 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

The shitposting in this thread is astounding. Really warms the COCKLES of my heart, it does. A TEAR was almost shed, but then I realised I'm not a bufty and sucked it back in.

But yeah, it's all right here. It's all right there as well. I suspect it's all right everywhere if you look hard enough.

Originally Posted by xi_mena_kita
But its for an interview.

Can you answer 3 questions on video and send it to me ???

the questions are:
Do you like the Beatles?
What do you think is their influence in latin america?
What is your favorite song??

Than you ! ! !
Easy.

1) Yes, but I prefer ants
B) They wrote all of Gloria Estefan's minor hits, and two major ones. And a colonel that was unreleased
III) Aqualung

Hope that helps.
Old May 21st 2016, 12:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz

20 days? All at once??? Is that allowed, I mean that's a long vacation for someone working in Texas...I may have to complain to someone somewhere
Old May 26th 2016, 12:52 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Amateurs.

Old May 26th 2016, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

**** Yeah! All in all its not bad get out of NY, SF, LA and its worth living in

Last edited by vikingsail; May 26th 2016 at 1:12 am.
Old May 26th 2016, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by vikingsail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65KZIqay4E

It's all a matter personal preference. I'd rather kill myself than live in Nebraska.
Old May 26th 2016, 1:23 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65KZIqay4E

Oh god, I hate that song . They played it at my oath ceremony and I almost cringed into my own arsehole.

If we're taking the OP seriously, it's not bad though, even if I live in one of the less exciting parts. Knowing I can drive or fly to a lot of very nice places within a day near enough any time I want is a bonus, too.

Originally Posted by johnwoo
It's all a matter personal preference. I'd rather kill myself than live in Nebraska.
The 'by the sea' part should give away that he doesn't live there either
Old May 26th 2016, 1:38 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

That song should come with a sick bag.
Old May 26th 2016, 3:48 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

As an Englishman I couldn't live anywhere else but close enough to the sea. It's in our blood. Having mountains nearby is a bonus

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.