Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Houston get-together

Wikiposts

Houston get-together

Old Aug 26th 2007, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Houston get-together

Really great to see you all today! Thanks for coming!

Looking forward to our next meet up on Sunday, October 14th
(hopefully those that couldn't make today will be free on that date)

PS .. does anyone else have repeating garlic from the carrots?!
Old Aug 26th 2007, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mandana

nope, i will be in the UK
Old Aug 26th 2007, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond reputeMandana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
Nooooooo .. you can't be!

Which dates are you free? Lets sort something out so you can join us .. or how about lunch mid-week sometime soon?
Old Aug 26th 2007, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

Nooooooo .. you can't be!

Which dates are you free? Lets sort something out so you can join us .. or how about lunch mid-week sometime soon?
i'll let you know when i next go to katy

so what did you think of The Red Lion? food OK??
Old Aug 26th 2007, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

i'll let you know when i next go to katy

so what did you think of The Red Lion? food OK??

I had roast lamb with all the trimmings. The only thing that I wasn't keen on was the (excessive) amount of garlic on the carrots. The rest was

Can't speak for everyone else .. I think we were too busy nattering to ask how each others' food was!!

When are you due to see BJ again?
Old Aug 26th 2007, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

I had roast lamb with all the trimmings. The only thing that I wasn't keen on was the (excessive) amount of garlic on the carrots. The rest was

Can't speak for everyone else .. I think we were too busy nattering to ask how each others' food was!!

When are you due to see BJ again?
BJ's OH Richard is calling me Tues with a date, it'll prolly be in about 2 or 3 weeks and i'll let you know.

never had their roasts but their fish and chips are good. did anyone take any pix?
Old Aug 26th 2007, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

BJ's OH Richard is calling me Tues with a date, it'll prolly be in about 2 or 3 weeks and i'll let you know.

never had their roasts but their fish and chips are good. did anyone take any pix?
Have to say the fish n' chips looked particularly good. Amanda said the chips were 'real' too!

I had my camera, and meant to ask the waitress to take a picture, but everytime I thought of it she'd disappeared. I didn't pay her to either!
Old Aug 26th 2007, 1:07 pm
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Houston get-together

Had a lovely time. Great to meet the new people!

I'll be back in town by the 14th, so looking forward to it.

I didn't have carrots, so can't comment.

Sarah
Old Aug 26th 2007, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SarahInTX
Had a lovely time. Great to meet the new people!

I'll be back in town by the 14th, so looking forward to it.

I didn't have carrots, so can't comment.

Sarah
Lovely to see you too Sarah

You missed the delicacy then! [garlic breath]
Old Aug 26th 2007, 1:41 pm
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Houston get-together

Aw. That's too bad. We're all looking forward to meeting you!
Old Aug 26th 2007, 1:42 pm
Feels great to be home!

never had their roasts but their fish and chips are good.
I had the F&C. Very good. (Though not *quite* as good as the real thing! )
Old Aug 26th 2007, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

mctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to allmctraill is a name known to all

Ditto on the meeting everyone,

I had the roast beef and yorkshire pudds, very, very good. But the garlic, husband says he is going to ban me to the spare room, its nearly 10.00pm and its still repeating.

look forward to the next one.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 3:18 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

We'd have to schlep the kids along on that weekend.... but maybe. We'll see.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 3:25 pm
Caring for the Elderly

no1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to allno1englishmuffin is a name known to all

Hiya Everyone, Sorry not been on here in awhile but been busy with work they keep bloody calling me in on my days off lol, well good news for me the CNA course starts in the next couple of weeks so I will be out of the bloody kitchen cooking all the time it does me head in cooking especially for 162 residents me don't love cooking at the best of times lol.
The only drawback to working where I am working when i become a CNA is wearing bloody pink I am gonna look like bloody BARBIE .
Good to hear you all had a great time today wish I could of been there instead of cooking Beef Stroganoff, I have never cooked it the way they cook it over here strange Mine never come out white looking before and never cooked it with Egg Noodles weird I thought it was with rice but then I am in Texas and they seem to cook everything here with bloody cheese.
Hey Trubrit you would of been proud of me today I should them what us brits are made of one of the girls tried to take the piss today out of me and I let her have it verbally of course she was real shocked lol, she won't take the piss out of me so soon again but then I shouldn't have the problems much longer now just itching to get onto this CNA course and do my caring again miss it like crazy and it looks like we will be moving in the next 6 months to Beaumont which is a bit more lively than were I live now thank god lol.
Is it me or are they all bible bashes over here lol hope I havn't offended anybody they by what I have just said, I am a catholic and its weird to me the way they go on alot about religion over here and how we will be all doomed if we don't tow the line or something like that lol.
Well take care everyone and will be back on here soon
Old Aug 27th 2007, 12:20 am
Account Closed

Aw. That's too bad. We're all looking forward to meeting you!
yeah likwise. i did tell you and mandana in my PM last week that i'm off to the uk oct 10. there'll be a next time and as the old song goes...'we'll meet again, don't know where don't know when' lol

I had the F&C. Very good. (Though not *quite* as good as the real thing! )
nothing ever is

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.