British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Hooray! Mum has come to visit..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/hooray-mum-has-come-visit-612847/)

mayhemuk Jun 3rd 2009 3:34 pm

Hooray! Mum has come to visit.....

...and meet her new grandson which is nice!
And most critically has stuffed her suitcase with kingsize Branston and HP!

lisa67 Jun 3rd 2009 3:45 pm

Re: Hooray! Mum has come to visit.....

Originally Posted by mayhemuk (Post 7631823)

Excellent :thumbsup: Hope you have a good time together :)

made of kent Jun 3rd 2009 3:59 pm

enjoy...the branston and HP. oh and your mum of course:D

Macca67 Jun 4th 2009 1:56 am

Originally Posted by mayhemuk (Post 7631823)

Enjoy

MrEmjoy Jun 4th 2009 2:03 am

Mine arrives in 38 days. And my dad. It'll be the first time they've met the grandaughter!

Enjoy your mothers stay.

SpoogleDrummer Jun 4th 2009 2:51 am

I had a fight with my mom last weekend and told her if she kept moaning at me not to bother coming in August, she said she didn't care so we said bye. That was going to be the first time she met her grandson :frown:

HoosierDaddy Jun 4th 2009 3:11 am

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer (Post 7633813)
I had a fight with my mom last weekend and told her if she kept moaning at me not to bother coming in August, she said she didn't care so we said bye. That was going to be the first time she met her grandson :frown:

Sore one SD. Hope things change before August for the wee one's sake. (Usually) You've only one mammy after all.

Jerseygirl Jun 4th 2009 3:17 am

^^^What he said.^^^

Give her a call and make up...one day she's not gonna be there for you to call.:(

SpoogleDrummer Jun 4th 2009 3:48 am

It'll sort itself out once she's stops acting like a brat. If she doesn't come there's always next year and there should be 2 grand children for her to visit anyways.

Jerseygirl Jun 4th 2009 3:52 am

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer (Post 7633967)
It'll sort itself out once she's stops acting like a brat. If she doesn't come there's always next year and there should be 2 grand children for her to visit anyways.

Are you sure there's always next year? I thought that when I said goodbye to my dad last November...:(

cindyabs Jun 4th 2009 4:14 am

:(:(:( Speaking as a brand new grandmother with first grandchild that would be very sad.

clarissageo Jun 4th 2009 9:39 am

My Mum arrives in 5 days also, she's staying until the start of August......

I know the first couple of days will be great, but after that I'll be doing alot of overtime ;)

Maggs Jun 5th 2009 12:33 am

My mum and dad have been here for the last 4 weeks and we have had the most wonderful time. They go home on Saturday and I will be sad to see them go. They are 84 and 86, not so easy for them to do as much as they used to and my dad's memory is failing quite badly. We even managed a trip to Canada for my mum to visit her younger sister. We spent a lovely day yesterday gardening! I dislike gardening but my mum and dad always inspire me to get started and even my 24 year old son was getting stuck in too. Three generations enjoying life together. I feel so very lucky.
:thumbup:

Macca67 Jun 5th 2009 12:55 am

Baby! Mother's are supposed to moan at their children. It's what they do for a living. I think they learn it at a special school or something.

Give her a call and sort it out.:o

lisa67 Jun 5th 2009 1:09 am

Originally Posted by Macca67 (Post 7637206)
Baby! Mother's are supposed to moan at their children. It's what they do for a living. I think they learn it at a special school or something.

Give her a call and sort it out.:o

Agreed...My mum is really good at the emmotional blackmail stuff...and I end up agreeing to do things I was determined not to do <sigh> but she won't be around forever so i just suck it up and make the best of it :huh: