Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Homesick for Britain!

Homesick for Britain!

Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:39 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homesick for Britain!

Originally Posted by baileyalison
how come you couldnt make a do
same question to you.
Banned

baileyalison is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Manc
you seem to have done alright in a place that is apparently knackered.

or 'rotting' as you say.

I personally. think you are delusional.
and a closet racist too.
why dont you get f+++++ im not a racist i do ok because we both work hard and dont sponge benefits we would do a lot better if the place wasnt full of spongers and health tourists etc i hate the fact that people take the piss out of the place a fair days work for a fair days pay is how it should be not money for f+++ all
Deb+Chris

how come you couldnt make a do what is your line of work
OH is a vehicle technician (Mechanic) we have 2 little kids... doesn't matter what your occupation is, the wages over there seem to be very low for everybody (except Dentists so I'm told).

Lots of people are happy there but I didn't meet a single ex-pat who was unfortunately and we met 12 families from the UK.

Sorry.. I just remembered I did meet one ex-pat who was happy but she is married to a Kiwi.

Are you a dentist or married to a Kiwi?

Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:42 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

why dont you get f+++++ im not a racist i do ok because we both work hard and dont sponge benefits we would do a lot better if the place wasnt full of spongers and health tourists etc i hate the fact that people take the piss out of the place a fair days work for a fair days pay is how it should be not money for f+++ all
you need to stop reading the Daily Mail.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:43 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Deb+Chris
OH is a vehicle technician (Mechanic) we have 2 little kids... doesn't matter what your occupation is, the wages over there seem to be very low for everybody (except Dentists so I'm told).

Lots of people are happy there but I didn't meet a single ex-pat who was unfortunately and we met 12 families from the UK.

Sorry.. I just remembered I did meet one ex-pat who was happy but she is married to a Kiwi.

Are you a dentist or married to a Kiwi?
hello im a mechanic also and my partner is a teacher im sure i could make a go of it wherever i end up going but im sorry it didnt work out for you
Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:44 pm
Banned

if its so good here how come you arent here
Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

agreed.......ffs.....you get spongers in ever society.........get a grip and realise the problem isn't the country it's you
Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:46 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by emmals
agreed.......ffs.....you get spongers in ever society.........get a grip and realise the problem isn't the country it's you
you get a grip open your eyes and see were full to the brim with scheming sponging scum
Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:47 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

centre of the universe.

oooh and Iain, took the misses to the Cavern club 3 weeks ago. She loved it. Tribute band playing and everything.

you don't get that in bum***** Michigan mate.
Dont get it in bum***** Ontario either...but its not what I'm looking for. Once in a while is nice... for that we've got Toronto less than 2h away. Rest of the time I'm happy mooching about in my <£50k, 1800sq ft, river view 3/4 acre detached lot with no chavs druggies or other undesirables (apart from the local dentist) around. Each to there own. I can see why somefolks would want to go back to the UK, there are a whole bunch of reason. I dont really understand why people get so would up here, whats good for one person is not necissarily good for someone else. Its all relative, but until you've tried both sides of the fence you dont really know. But then sometimes having seen both sides is the big problem...as Julius is finding out. As a working man unless you are really lucky you cant have your cake and eat it.

Loved the link to the house in Bolton...7x9' bedroom! thats not a bedroom its a closet! Reminds me once again why the UK isnt for me. Rear garden with water feature...is that the most positive thing they could come up with, a frigging fountain!

Last edited by iaink; Apr 8th 2005 at 8:59 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:48 pm
@matthewb76

if its so good here how come you arent here
There are other reasons to leave other than "The UK is shit"

I didn't run out when I thought the tough got going.

I moved for the crack, sense of adventure, have my wicked way with American women and to drink piss like beer............
Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:48 pm
Deb+Chris

hello im a mechanic also and my partner is a teacher im sure i could make a go of it wherever i end up going but im sorry it didnt work out for you
Oh Lordy.. then I better not say anything about working conditions then hey? sorry, sorry, I'm sure you'll be fine, you sound well pissed off with the UK... we were a bit like that before we went.

We see the place with new eyes now and it really aint that bad! have you been over there for a visit? have you got family there?

Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:49 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by iaink
Dont get it in bum***** Ontario either...but its not what I'm looking for. Once in a while is nice... for that we've got Toronto less than 2h away. Rest of the time I'm happy mooching about in my <£50k, 1800sq ft, river view 3/4 acre detached lot with no chavs druggies or other undesirables (apart from the local dentist) around. Each to there own. I can see why somefolks would want to go back to the UK, there are a whole bunch of reason. I dont really understand why people get so would up here, whats good for one person is not necissarily good for someone else. Its all relative, but until you've tried both sides of the fence you dont really know. But then sometimes having seen both sides is the big problem...as Julius is finding out. As a working man unless you are really lucky you cant have your cake and eat it.
cant agree with you more youre life sounds like youve got it sorted
Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:51 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by iaink
As a working man unless you are really lucky you cant have your cake and eat it.
exactly.
there is no utopia.

my point still stands that the UK is a top place.

some people make it sound like Haiti.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:51 pm
Banned

There are other reasons to leave other than "The UK is shit"

I didn't run out when I thought the tough got going.

I moved for the crack, sense of adventure, have my wicked way with American women and to drink piss like beer............
bollocks you must be sad you dont do any of that youre always on here ranting on
Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:52 pm
Banned

exactly.
there is no utopia.

my point still stands that the UK is a top place.

some people make it sound like Haiti.
why arent you here then talk the truth man

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.