Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Homecoming "mums"...any tips??

Wikiposts

Homecoming "mums"...any tips??

Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Homecoming "mums"...any tips??

So down south the kids give each other "mums" for Homecoming and this year DS wants to give one to his GF. I refuse to pay the extortionate price for a pre made one and have bought a load of stuff to make my own with.
Anyone done this before and has any tips?

for those who think I've gone stark raving bonkers this is what I'm talking about :http://kathyiscrafty.com/final_produ...s/image004.jpg
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homecoming "mums"...any tips??

No first hand experience, nor have I ever heard of it before (I'm not from the South, so that may be the reason why) but they're pretty.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:28 am
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisa67
this year DS wants to give one to his GF

I'd re-phrase that one given the minds of some of the posters on here
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

So down south the kids give each other "mums" for Homecoming and this year DS wants to give one to his GF. I refuse to pay the extortionate price for a pre made one and have bought a load of stuff to make my own with.

for those who think I've gone stark raving bonkers this is what I'm talking about :http://kathyiscrafty.com/final_produ...s/image004.jpg

wow! they really do go OTT with some of the 'traditions' in high school over here. Some of them I like, class rings is one, but sometimes I wonder how some parents can afford all the traditional 'extras' as well as all the regular costs of High school
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

I can not wait to sure my Daughter this - I am going to tell her she absolutely has to wear one or else she isn't going ot homecoming
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambapink
I can not wait to sure my Daughter this - I am going to tell her she absolutely has to wear one or else she isn't going ot homecoming

Don't forget to post her response!
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Don't forget to post her response!
I should just make her one (how hard can it be?) and present it to her on the evening of homecoming - her little face would be precious
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:59 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
No first hand experience, nor have I ever heard of it before (I'm not from the South, so that may be the reason why) but they're pretty.
I'm not from the South either, but I do teach in a high school. The kids here would not leave their houses if they had to wear something like that in public.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 2:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sambapink
I should just make her one (how hard can it be?) and present it to her on the evening of homecoming - her little face would be precious

well now we are going to need a response AND a pic!
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 2:13 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Theres a woman here trying to introduce them to our area, she was on the TV going on about them, they are expensive, and to tell the truth I think the kids here would rather not go than be required to wear such a huge Mum rosette thingy. Ds who is almost 16 and is going to homecoming this year, said hell no I'm not giving one of those to anyone
Texas really is a whole other world.
Weird Mum rosettes and girls who are cheerleaders and wear bump-it's from as seen on TV
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul S
I'd re-phrase that one given the minds of some of the posters on here
steady.....

Samba...here they only seem to wear them to the Homecoming game, not with their posh frocks to the dance
I've got to make this bl**dy thing by Friday and I'm really busy for the next couple of days...ah well!! things we do for our kids eh??
Oh, and by the way there was a woman at the craft store buying all the ribbons etc. to make 3...she'd already made 2 and she reckons she spends at least $50 on each one...you can buy them pre-made from about $25 to about $200 !!!!!!

Last edited by lisa67; Sep 23rd 2009 at 2:33 am. Reason: spelling!!
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 2:37 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Holy shit! It looks like one of these...
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 2:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

steady.....

Samba...here they only seem to wear them to the Homecoming game, not with their posh frocks to the dance
I've got to make this bl**dy thing by Friday and I'm really busy for the next couple of days...ah well!! things we do for our kids eh??
Oh, and by the way there was a woman at the craft store buying all the ribbons etc. to make 3...she'd already made 2 and she reckons she spends at least $50 on each one...you can buy them pre-made from about $25 to about $200 !!!!!!
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of faffing around and money that's spent on all this sort of crap for school kids. Homecomings, proms, class rings...it's teaching kids to spend money they haven't got on a load of unnecessary crap IMO.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 2:46 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of faffing around and money that's spent on all this sort of crap for school kids. Homecomings, proms, class rings...it's teaching kids to spend money they haven't got on a load of unnecessary crap IMO.
I always spent the barest minimum. It left more money for beer.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 2:49 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry...but that's right minging...good way of keeping ones chastity I suppose though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.