Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Home insurance Tennessee .

Home insurance Tennessee .

Old Oct 5th 2019, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Tkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Home insurance Tennessee .

Hi all,

looking at house insurance and wanted other other people's experiences with this. Obviously it's much more expensive here than it is in the U.K., which was a shock. At the moment I'm solely on the deeds and the price is a thousand dollars over the combined price, with myself and the wife added, now is that just the case !!!!! Are all insurance companies this high, is it a case of shopping around, do they all go through credit checks, although I have the money outright to pay up front, it's so frustrating......kind regards.
Old Oct 5th 2019, 2:27 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home insurance Tennessee .

home owner's insurance? do you mean $1000 per year? If so, that sounds about right.

We have our car insurance and home insurance with the same company so we get a small discount. Also since we have both of these insurances we use an "umbrella" policy.
Please confirm that it is home owner's and $1000 pa then we can talk about umbrella policies.
Old Oct 5th 2019, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Tkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond reputeTkd67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
home owner's insurance? do you mean $1000 per year? If so, that sounds about right.

We have our car insurance and home insurance with the same company so we get a small discount. Also since we have both of these insurances we use an "umbrella" policy.
Please confirm that it is home owner's and $1000 pa then we can talk about umbrella policies.
Yes looking at $ 1,500 for both listed on policy and was quoted 2,500 for just myself ( as I wanted the policy solely in my name) and was told it was more expensive due to myself not having enough credit history as I've only been in the US , 6 months, but if I had the 1,500 to pay outright , what's the problem here..... not sure if it's because 85% of these companies go by credit history , where in the U.K they don't...
Old Oct 5th 2019, 3:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can pay monthly.
Old Oct 5th 2019, 3:22 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tkd67
Hi all,

looking at house insurance and wanted other other people's experiences with this. Obviously it's much more expensive here than it is in the U.K., which was a shock. At the moment I'm solely on the deeds and the price is a thousand dollars over the combined price, with myself and the wife added, now is that just the case !!!!! Are all insurance companies this high, is it a case of shopping around, do they all go through credit checks, although I have the money outright to pay up front, it's so frustrating......kind regards.
I always suggest looking for a broker in your area. Tell them what you need and they will give you various options. As petitefrancaise says, you are better off having all your coverage with one company in order to take advantage of discounts..
Old Oct 5th 2019, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

I know money wise it's cheaper for us both on the policy, but the dwelling is in my name and I wanted dwelling insurance.
Dwelling in both names 1,500 or maybe cheaper if shopped around....in my name only 2,500 , but maybe cheaper if I shopped around...I have the money upfront , but just don't get the logic on the price differences, in this country..
Old Oct 5th 2019, 3:39 pm
Account Closed

I think you mean this Insurer, generally Insurance is highly regulated by the State and rates are lodged and agree by the State.
Old Oct 5th 2019, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Check with Tennessee Farm Bureau. They have offices in most TN towns.
Old Oct 5th 2019, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ddsrph
Check with Tennessee Farm Bureau. They have offices in most TN towns.
Yes ill be doing this wed, as i have the day off, ill try and get some more quotes then....
Old Oct 5th 2019, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Yes ill be doing this wed, as i have the day off, ill try and get some more quotes then....
What part of TN do you live in? I live near Lynchburg. Another good recommendation by NutMegger is to try a independent agent. They have Acess to many insurers. Also you might try the one with the EMU (Liberty). You have probably seen a few thousand of their commercials. I always like to just insure for a fixed max dollar amount which most insurance companies don’t want to do. I am with USAA which is very highly rated but only available to military and ex military.
Old Oct 6th 2019, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ddsrph

What part of TN do you live in? I live near Lynchburg. Another good recommendation by NutMegger is to try a independent agent. They have Acess to many insurers. Also you might try the one with the EMU (Liberty). You have probably seen a few thousand of their commercials. I always like to just insure for a fixed max dollar amount which most insurance companies don’t want to do. I am with USAA which is very highly rated but only available to military and ex military.
Hi, i live near Johnson City, north east Tennessee, im sure i can get it lower than 2500, thats what geico offered, our last insurance was with both our names, but im now the only one lusted on hoyse deeds.... Ill actually go to some olaces on wed on my day off.
Old Oct 6th 2019, 3:01 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, i live near Johnson City, north east Tennessee, im sure i can get it lower than 2500, thats what geico offered, our last insurance was with both our names, but im now the only one lusted on hoyse deeds.... Ill actually go to some olaces on wed on my day off.
You don’t need to traipse around visiting companies. Search for a website to give you comparative quotes from multiple companies. Or get online quotes from any companies you are interested in. Or as I already suggested, google for a local independent broker and let them do the legwork.
Old Oct 6th 2019, 3:06 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

credit history does have a part to play in this but it shouldn't be that much.
I would definitely find a local independant broker online and ask them to get quotes for you from different companies.
Old Oct 6th 2019, 3:25 am
Account Closed

Why can you not use both your names?
Old Oct 6th 2019, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Mempete is just really niceMempete is just really niceMempete is just really niceMempete is just really niceMempete is just really niceMempete is just really niceMempete is just really niceMempete is just really nice

I agree with previous posterswho recommend TN Farmers. They always seem to do what they are supposed to do.
As far as the prices.... Welcome to USA

I always choke on car insurance rates here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.