Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Home and garden projects

Home and garden projects

Old Nov 1st 2020, 8:07 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home and garden projects

Actually that is exactly what I am thinking right now. I already have a small chest freezer like that, and small fridge, and I don't need ice/indoor water etc. The current machine has it but i don't have the water hookup anyway.
It stopped working again!
Noise wise - normally the a/c overrides it. I only occasionally notice it.
Old Nov 1st 2020, 8:15 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
Actually that is exactly what I am thinking right now. I already have a small chest freezer like that, and small fridge, and I don't need ice/indoor water etc. The current machine has it but i don't have the water hookup anyway.
It stopped working again!
Noise wise - normally the a/c overrides it. I only occasionally notice it.
OK, so one of the problems you face, as per my earlier post, is that small, basic fridges are often cheaply built and poorly designed junk, and the ones that are better quality are barely any cheaper than a basic side-by-side.
Old Nov 1st 2020, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
OK, so one of the problems you face, as per my earlier post, is that small, basic fridges are often cheaply built and poorly designed junk, and the ones that are better quality are barely any cheaper than a basic side-by-side.
We have had the one in the photo over four years (Frigidaire) with no problems. I am thinking it was around $600 at Lowe’s. The cheap ones are mostly Chinese. They don’t make any of them like they used to. My parents bought a Frigidaire in 1946 and used it most of their lives. It got moved many times and was still working fine when given away in the early 80’s.
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Just finished up the en-suite in the master bedroom. We bought the house off a couple in their 80’s. The bathroom was set up for a couple in their 80’s. Missies wanted a double vanity. She also chose the floor, which I’m not sure on, I’m sure it’ll be a grower.

Old Nov 4th 2020, 1:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markonline1
Just finished up the en-suite in the master bedroom. We bought the house off a couple in their 80’s. The bathroom was set up for a couple in their 80’s. Missies wanted a double vanity. She also chose the floor, which I’m not sure on, I’m sure it’ll be a grower.

Not sure about the 'grid lines' on the glass ... how is that achieved? On modern exterior windows, it's something that is placed inside the dual-pane glass, but presumably in your case, it's a surface treatment? In which case, would suggest a nightmare for cleaning, in the future ...
Old Nov 4th 2020, 1:38 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Not sure about the 'grid lines' on the glass ... how is that achieved? On modern exterior windows, it's something that is placed inside the dual-pane glass, but presumably in your case, it's a surface treatment? In which case, would suggest a nightmare for cleaning, in the future ...
Agreed. ..... Also if that had been our bathroom the upright tub would have gone. I know it would be messy to remove it, as the tile would have had to come out too, but while I understand why people need them, I think they are just too weird to live with, but that's just me. And if you went that far you may as well have gutted the the entire bathroom, which would be an even bigger project.

I gutted one of our bathrooms, all the way back to tearing off the drywall, removing the laundry closet, replacing the subfloor which had partially rotted, and replumbing the supply lines. It was quite a project and not for the faint of heart, but the result was great, a massive improvement.

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 4th 2020 at 1:44 am.
Old Nov 4th 2020, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. ..... Also if that had been our bathroom the upright tub would have gone. I know it would be messy to remove it, as the tile would have had to come out too, but while I understand why people need them, I think they are just too weird to live with, but that's just me. And if you went that far you may as well have gutted the the entire bathroom, which would be an even bigger project..
The upright bath did go and the bathroom was gutted. The top 2 pics are before, the bottom 3 are after.
The surface lines on the glass are exterior but they are flat against the glass rather than raised ridges. Hoping it doesn't turn into a hassle to clean, but time will tell.
Old Nov 4th 2020, 2:44 am

The upright bath did go and the bathroom was gutted. The top 2 pics are before, the bottom 3 are after.
The surface lines on the glass are exterior but they are flat against the glass rather than raised ridges. Hoping it doesn't turn into a hassle to clean, but time will tell.
Ah, OK, sorry. I'll look again, the pictures are so large there's a lot of scrolling required to see them all.
Old Nov 4th 2020, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Ah, OK, sorry. I'll look again, the pictures are so large there's a lot of scrolling required to see them all.
Ah. Bugger. They were added via my iPhone on the mobile site. They are normal sized there.
Old Nov 4th 2020, 3:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Ah. Bugger. They were added via my iPhone on the mobile site. They are normal sized there.
In my browser, they are 'full width' which is fine - just have to scroll up / down. When Pulaski said lots of scrolling, I assumed he meant, side-to-side.

Regarding the gridlines - can they be removed if necessary? I personally find them too 'busy' and 'old fashioned' but of course it's a matter of opinion.
Old Nov 4th 2020, 3:23 am

Have you moved the toilet? I am stuggling to match the layouts of the before and after pictures - I assume the wondow is fixed, but between what I can see in the mirror combined with the toilet that looks like it was moved, I can't quite fathom where the shower is in relation to where the tub was.
Old Nov 4th 2020, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Steerpike
In my browser, they are 'full width' which is fine - just have to scroll up / down. When Pulaski said lots of scrolling, I assumed he meant, side-to-side.

Regarding the gridlines - can they be removed if necessary? I personally find them too 'busy' and 'old fashioned' but of course it's a matter of opinion.
The wife chose all the stuff in there. I think she was aiming for a rustic / industrial look.

Have you moved the toilet? I am stuggling to match the layouts of the before and after pictures - I assume the wondow is fixed, but between what I can see in the mirror combined with the toilet that looks like it was moved, I can't quite fathom where the shower is in relation to where the tub was.
Yeah, toilet was moved to get the extra sink in. Shower is where the old person pod was.
Old Nov 5th 2020, 3:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

The wife chose all the stuff in there. I think she was aiming for a rustic / industrial look.

Yeah, toilet was moved to get the extra sink in. Shower is where the old person pod was.
I love the shower! The combination of shapes and colors work well for the whole bathroom. You did really well with it all!
Old Nov 5th 2020, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
I love the shower! The combination of shapes and colors work well for the whole bathroom. You did really well with it all!
Thank you.
Old Nov 5th 2020, 3:56 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

If you'd have picked red for the shower it would've looked like a phone box and you could've kept your bath mat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.