Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Home and garden projects

Home and garden projects

Old Sep 29th 2020, 4:52 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home and garden projects

Originally Posted by newadventure
Not sure how much skin there would be left if you dispatched the snake with your shotgun!
Almost all of it if I shoot the head (the only humane way to shoot a snake IMO) at a range of 6ft or less. The spread of the pellets is at most 3"-4".
Old Sep 29th 2020, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

newadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond repute

My dad once pointed his shotgun at a rat in an outshed on the farm where i grew up. About to pull the trigger, he noticed a second rat and waited until both were in the line of fire. Unfortunately he was so focussed on the rats, he didn't notice one of our chickens had also crept into range and he took them all out with one shot
Old Sep 29th 2020, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Moving to the outside of the house. Getting all the wood trim replaced. House will then be repainted, although haven’t decided on colour yet. It won’t be the horrible blue it currently is though!

Old Sep 29th 2020, 6:22 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markonline1
.... although haven’t decided on colour yet. It won’t be the horrible blue it currently is though! ....
Good choice - IMO any colour other than blue would be an improvement, with the possible exception of the pinkish-brown/ brownish pink that our house was painted when we bought it. The exact appearance varied depending on the sun and lighting but it was either brown with a bizarre rose pink overtone, or a really ugly pink that looked like a muddy brown. We chose to repaint it a pale beige with a slight yellowish tinge, not quite a butter yellow but close, and later, while digging through the on-line county property records, I found a photo taken when the house was first built, and discovered that we couldn't have chosen a closer match to the original colour if we had tried!

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 29th 2020 at 7:34 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2020, 6:28 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Moving to the outside of the house. Getting all the wood trim replaced. House will then be repainted, although haven’t decided on colour yet. It won’t be the horrible blue it currently is though!
Originally Posted by Pulaski
Good choice - IMO any colour other than blue would be an improvement,
Let BE decide with a poll...

My vote...

Old Sep 29th 2020, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

We chose to repaint it a pale beige with a slight yellowish tinge, not quite a butter yellow but close,
Thats the sort of color I would like, but it’s a little too similar to a couple of the neighbors houses, and probably wouldn’t go with our grey roof.

Originally Posted by Nutek

My vote...

Totally open to ideas. My daughter would go for that LOL.
Old Sep 29th 2020, 7:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

I actually like the color it is. Maybe slightly lighter, almost grey would look good and with accessory trim more of a dark grey.
Old Sep 29th 2020, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Nutek

My vote...

Please excuse me for a moment while I fetch my sunglasses.
Old Sep 29th 2020, 7:38 pm

Thats the sort of color I would like, but it’s a little too similar to a couple of the neighbors houses, and probably wouldn’t go with our grey roof. ....
In that case, I agree with Sugarmooma - a grey that complements the roof, paler than the roof, I assume, and then with a black front door and window cornices, the rest of the trim white, and perhaps add black faux shutters.

Old Sep 29th 2020, 7:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

In that case, I agree with Sugarmooma - a grey that complements the roof, paler than the roof, I assume, and then with a black front door and window cornices, the rest of the trim white, and perhaps add black faux shutters.
Dark grey door, white trim. No black! ( just my opinion)
Old Sep 29th 2020, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Dark grey door, white trim. No black! ( just my opinion)
If the roof is dark/ slate grey I could maybe see the window cornices and front door in a matching shade of grey, but a black front door is a timeless classic, IMO.
Old Sep 29th 2020, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

A darker charcoal grey is the current leader in our household, with all the woodwork white. Saw a nice looking house with that scheme online, but of course, houses always look better in pictures than how they actually turn out in real life LOL.
Old Sep 29th 2020, 8:29 pm
Account Closed

A darker charcoal grey is the current leader in our household, with all the woodwork white. Saw a nice looking house with that scheme online, but of course, houses always look better in pictures than how they actually turn out in real life LOL.
That sounds good. And yeah, I know what you mean about real life and magazine pictures!
Old Sep 29th 2020, 8:34 pm

Beware of going too dark. IME colours end up looking darker in the real world than you expected.
Old Sep 29th 2020, 8:35 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Thats the sort of color I would like, but it’s a little too similar to a couple of the neighbors houses, and probably wouldn’t go with our grey roof.

Totally open to ideas. My daughter would go for that LOL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.