`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Home and garden projects

Originally Posted by Nutek
Built a new Run-in for the horses. :-)

Oo Nutek. That's quality.
Old Jul 16th 2019, 12:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Mr N the horses are gorgeous. Did you build the new run? If so, we’ll done.
Old Jul 16th 2019, 3:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Built a new Run-in for the horses. :-)

Did you get nagged into doing that?
Old Jul 16th 2019, 11:33 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Wow Mr N the horses are gorgeous. Did you build the new run? If so, we’ll done.
Yeah.. I built it. Took me longer than I would have liked but its (mostly) done. :-)

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Did you get nagged into doing that?

Old Jul 17th 2019, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

social is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pulaski
So, with spring just around the corner (we hope ), what projects or improvements do you have planned around your home or garden?

I have been working on "finishing" a closet off the bonus room over the garage. I will be doing a full lining of drywall, but first it means moving the insulation from the inside "wall" over to the knee wall on the other side, and roof joists, which has meant adding timber to the wall and roof joists to make room for a full 5.5"-6" of insulation.

Outside I have been felling some trees (count: 9, 65'-81' trees ) to increase the sun shining on the turf I laid last summer, and I am hoping to plant some vegetables this year for the first time in three years. As soon as we get some warmer and dry weather I will be replacing the screening on the screen porch because it is getting a bit old and has a couple of small tears.
Hello
As far as the description is concerned, you can imagine how beautiful your garden will be.
We also have a little workbench in the yard and it's very important for us to plumbing it for irrigation, which is really what the plumbing company is doing for us to make us happy and satisfied.
Old Jul 17th 2019, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

hutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond repute

we had a swamp out back due to the hilly area / gradients and basements all around our region. Best option apart from moving was to dig a 12" deep hole and install a Patio last summer which I will never do by myself again. This summer a small supporting wall completed to intersect the shallow gradient with a french drain, and just completing some lansdscaping of the area now. A small rock garden will follow. + 550 square feet of Landscape instead of Swamp, these things take time, and energy, lots!

Old Jul 17th 2019, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Great improvement. Did you do it all yourself? I do my own home projects but have never done any pavers. What part of the country are you in?
Old Jul 17th 2019, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

hutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ddsrph
Great improvement. Did you do it all yourself? I do my own home projects but have never done any pavers. What part of the country are you in?
I used a skidsteer to finely level the dirt before compaction a compactor between stages of construction. My wife helped with spreading the base material between lifts, other than that it was just me me in a 2 week full time period last July.

Prior to constructing the patio I dug the hole in 2-3 weeks at a rate at 1-2 carts of dirt a night and more on the weekends, that was in april when the ground was moist it was easy to shovel up chunks.

If your physically fit with good knees, ankles and back it is achievable if planned in stages. I gave myself a good 6 week break between making the hole , material ordering, pumping out the new pond, and filing it back up with a patio. I had never made a Patio before either or layed a brick but I am reasonably keen with home improvements, and clearly naive when it comes down to labour (Labor).

we are just outside of Lynchburg, VA. I am Happy to share details recorded in .pdf if anyone is interested.
Old Jul 17th 2019, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Being able to do things for yourself saves a lot of money, gives a better result, and avoids the stress and drama trying to deal with contractors. I recently built my own house and by far the most traumatic part was the portion I had to contract out which was concrete, brick and drywall. I did everything else myself.
Old Jul 19th 2019, 6:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Our compost bin is currently having a much better looking tomato plant growing than our raised veg box....which consists of mostly weeds, a couple of pathetic tomato plants and some cucumbers and peas.
Old Aug 1st 2019, 4:18 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Has everyone had a successful garden this year? Here in CT, I think we've had our best garden ever--we've never had such a profusion of flowers and such growth on the shrubs and perennials. I put it down to the fact that we actually had a spring for once. The hydrangea buds usually get murdered by a cold snap after they've started to grow, then it goes straight to 80 degree days, but that didn't happen this spring and for the first time in about five years we have massive hydrangea plants, all covered in blossoms. We have beds overflowing with bee balm, as seeds that usually fall to the ground and don't winter over obviously did so this year. A stargazer lily that hasn't even put its head above ground in years (and which I presumed had been eaten by a vole) reappeared and is in full fragrant bloom. The hosta are loaded with flowers (making my neighbor's bees very happy), and a climbing blaze rose on a trellis has also been covered in sprays of flowers for the first time in years. We've been creating this garden for twenty years now, but there's been the most progress ever this spring/summer, and it really makes us feel as if we're getting there! Of course, the lack of rain is now going to start taking its toll . . . .
Old Aug 1st 2019, 4:22 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

My hosta have flowered this year and most other plants have done well so far. My annuals/bedding plants are also giving me lots of showy blooms, particularly the impatiens. After last year's incredibly wet summer this one seems more predictable and typical, I am told. The tomatoes, aubergines and curcubits are doing nicely too.
Old Aug 1st 2019, 5:20 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

I have a tomato/herb/chili garden in pots on my deck, allegedly to keep them safe from dogs and critters. But the chipmunks have stolen all the tomatoes and the chilies are for reasons unknown not having a great year. I am freezing lots of batches of pesto, though.
Old Aug 2nd 2019, 10:42 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 8th 2019, 11:54 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Roof done and job finally finished.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.