"Hoarders"

Old Jan 9th 2010, 1:32 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Hoarders"

We had someone from the mould treatment company come over on Tuesday to measure up for quotes. They deal with all sorts of clean up and he said that 30-40% of their jobs here in Maine are dealing with excessive hoarders!!! That's a LOT!!!

There are some that they just simply turn away from, they are so bad.

One time they removed 6 x 30-40ft skips from 1 BASEMENT!!!!

I felt so much better about having not hoovered before they arrived!
Old Jan 9th 2010, 1:51 am
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juswus
We had someone from the mould treatment company come over on Tuesday to measure up for quotes. They deal with all sorts of clean up and he said that 30-40% of their jobs here in Maine are dealing with excessive hoarders!!! That's a LOT!!!

There are some that they just simply turn away from, they are so bad.

One time they removed 6 x 30-40ft skips from 1 BASEMENT!!!!

I felt so much better about having not hoovered before they arrived!
Not hoovered? letting yourself go a bit.

Oh and as far as Maine is concerned I am surprised it was a basement they removed stuff from, usually they just throw it in the backyard and cover it with a blue tarp.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 1:54 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sime303
Not hoovered? letting yourself go a bit.

Oh and as far as Maine is concerned I am surprised it was a basement they removed stuff from, usually they just throw it in the backyard and cover it with a blue tarp.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 2:02 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

My friend is buying a house that is occupied by a hoarder-owner.. it's really, really sad. The day she called to tell me about it, I had just watched like 3 episodes of that show back to back .. I think my pal is in for a shock. If these people get out of there on time, it will be a miracle.

I bought a hoarder house that we were going to flip. I knew the lady, but I had NO idea the depth of her problem. It took us 2 weeks and I can't even remember how many dumpsters now, and that was after she moved all the 'good' stuff out!

I'm obsessing about throwing away every scrap of paper etc now because I know.. that could be ME!
Old Jan 9th 2010, 2:06 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
I'm obsessing about throwing away every scrap of paper etc now because I know.. that could be ME!
So I see ... need a clear out ..

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...user=1851&sl=m
Old Jan 9th 2010, 2:24 am
lush

Originally Posted by meauxna

We do that too since watching these programmes!
It's really helped us get rid of tons of shit. One of us will just say "hoarder" under our breath and the other one instantly chucks away whatever they were holding in their hand
Old Jan 9th 2010, 4:05 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
meanie.. that's my mom's old house, so it is gone, and the cat is dead. (I think DH still has those boots tho, and I did rescue the yard cart from my mom before she moved... cheezus god, I have the jade plants now too... omg, it's worse than I thought.)

Originally Posted by Juswus
One of us will just say "hoarder" under our breath and the other one instantly chucks away whatever they were holding in their hand