British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Hi Everyone! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/hi-everyone-758456/)

SleeplessinScandinavia May 16th 2012 8:53 am

Hi Everyone!

A big hello from the English 'half' of an Anglo-Swedish relationship.

My first post, and I'm overcome with emulsion:lol:

Must admit, I've looked at this site in the past and thought - not to put too fine a point on it - that it was a total waste of space ( controversial from the start ;)). But I changed my mind when I saw a fairly recent Scandinavian section.

My regards to fellow posters here and I look forward to a long stay on this forum - certainly longer than some friends of mine who were 'banned' from the site for supposedly having 'multiple-user accounts' - when in fact they had done nothing more than use the same laptop computer. :eek:

Regards

Chris

bakedbean May 16th 2012 9:00 am

Re: Hi Everyone!

Hi Sleepless and a warm :welcome: from t'other side of the world.

Ya... someone told me once that Swedes are not noted for their humour. Is that true? I mean, how many people can name the top 5 stand up comedians in Sweden? ;)

Well... hope you find the forum of interest the second time around. Forums are what you make of them. If people don't post, they get boring. So do join in and ask questions, or answer a few questions for people. All the best to you.

christmasoompa May 16th 2012 9:40 am

Originally Posted by SleeplessinScandinavia (Post 10063683)
My regards to fellow posters here and I look forward to a long stay on this forum - certainly longer than some friends of mine who were 'banned' from the site for supposedly having 'multiple-user accounts' - when in fact they had done nothing more than use the same laptop computer. :eek:

Strange that they didn't bother to read the site rules then, they could have just informed Sue that they were multiple users on one computer and then it wouldn't have been an issue. "If you have a legitimate reason to create a second username, maybe another household member joining, then you should contact the administrators."

And no doubt there was other stuff other than just a shared IP address to tie them together, or they wouldn't have been banned. :sneaky:

Anyway, welcome to BE, and hope your stay here is more successful than your friends. :)

SleeplessinScandinavia May 16th 2012 10:50 am

Originally Posted by bakedbean (Post 10063698)
Hi Sleepless and a warm :welcome: from t'other side of the world.

Ya... someone told me once that Swedes are not noted for their humour. Is that true? I mean, how many people can name the top 5 stand up comedians in Sweden? ;)

Well... hope you find the forum of interest the second time around. Forums are what you make of them. If people don't post, they get boring. So do join in and ask questions, or answer a few questions for people. All the best to you.

Thanks for the greeting.

Hear what you're saying about Swedes and a sense of humour: think they have one - somewhere, its just difficult to find.

They've only just got over Mr Bean...

SleeplessinScandinavia May 16th 2012 10:57 am

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 10063779)
Strange that they didn't bother to read the site rules then, they could have just informed Sue that they were multiple users on one computer and then it wouldn't have been an issue. "If you have a legitimate reason to create a second username, maybe another household member joining, then you should contact the administrators."

And no doubt there was other stuff other than just a shared IP address to tie them together, or they wouldn't have been banned. :sneaky:

Anyway, welcome to BE, and hope your stay here is more successful than your friends. :)

Cheers for the reply

Well....the way the situation was presented to me was that they 'shared' one laptop - but had different e-mail accounts which couldn't be accessed by each other (neither could the B.Ex accounts).

As for their posts - I looked at some of them and pretty innocent, uncontroversial stuff

In view of what you've said, I'll tell 'Sue' if I'm posting from somebody else's laptop