Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Help for Pat Hasler - A former regular poster on BE

Help for Pat Hasler - A former regular poster on BE

Old Jan 7th 2019, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help for Pat Hasler - A former regular poster on BE

Even if you don’t remember when Pat posted here please read and consider donating even a little.

I know most wont remember me but Pat was far more of a character than me. Pat Hasler is a British expat married to an American. He works hard as a truck driver to support his family even though he himself has Waldenstrom’s, a type of blood cancer. He has to work to keep his health insurance to stay alive even though he is in pain a lot of the time.

Last year his wife Kate became ill with intestinal issues which have had her close to death a few times. She has been in hospital in three different states seeking treatment, as you know even with health insurance this is still expensive. Eventually she was diagnosed with Blind Loop Syndrome, she has lost weight, has a hard time eating without throwing up and can barely stand a lot of the time. The prescription for the drug that actually helps costs $3000 a month and the insurance company won’t cover it.

Pat has had to take time off work to care for her but even when he is working without pay having used all his vacation time he must still pay $150 a week for his share of the company health insurance.

If everyone who sees this could spare something it could add up to enough to cover the cost of keeping them going and quite frankly keep Kate on her medicine long enough to stay alive. Those in the UK may not understand or believe the horror stories of US healthcare but believe me they are real. It is my understanding there are 6 days left on this fundraiser. https://www.facebook.com/donate/3232...e=external_url
Old Jan 7th 2019, 10:00 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Help for Pat Hasler - A former regular poster on BE

Both Pat and Bev were long time regular posters to BE in times gone by. There are still those that regularly post to BE that also keep in contact with them both one way or another.

Here on BE we tend to support, care and help those of us we feel to be in need. Be it with words , practical help or in this case , maybe a little bit of $$ support. The tendency is to feel that once a part of the BE family, always a part of the BE family. We are bonded and that is what makes up the essential fabric and glue of BE. Just like family we may drift away at times. Just like friends we may not see each other for a long time but when push comes to shove we remain there for each other.

I know that Pat did not seek this fund raiser and is likely very embarrassed by this. I also know that both he and Kate have held their heads up very high & with huge dignity despite facing tremendous ongoing difficult health problems and the financial issues that come with that where they live. Personally, I thank goodness that I have never been faced with the worries they have. I cannot begin to imagine having to continue work and toil when I've been seriously ill or injured. Social health care has always been available to me & mine.

Anyone that wishes to spare a $ or $$ can do so via the link that Bevina provided in her post.

Pat. I wish you and Kate all the best . Yours has been and continues to be a hard long battle. I hope this fundraiser will ease some of the burden in some way.

M
Old Jan 7th 2019, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks ❤️
Old Jan 8th 2019, 12:44 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Done.

Let it not be said that our sometimes-contentious little community doesn't know how to help out in a pinch.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks, yours was one of the names I recognize from my time here.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 1:23 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevinva
Thanks, yours was one of the names I recognize from my time here.

We used to do this more. It was a smaller, tighter group.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 1:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Both Pat and Bev were long time regular posters to BE in times gone by. There are still those that regularly post to BE that also keep in contact with them both one way or another.

Here on BE we tend to support, care and help those of us we feel to be in need. Be it with words , practical help or in this case , maybe a little bit of $$ support. The tendency is to feel that once a part of the BE family, always a part of the BE family. We are bonded and that is what makes up the essential fabric and glue of BE. Just like family we may drift away at times. Just like friends we may not see each other for a long time but when push comes to shove we remain there for each other.

I know that Pat did not seek this fund raiser and is likely very embarrassed by this. I also know that both he and Kate have held their heads up very high & with huge dignity despite facing tremendous ongoing difficult health problems and the financial issues that come with that where they live. Personally, I thank goodness that I have never been faced with the worries they have. I cannot begin to imagine having to continue work and toil when I've been seriously ill or injured. Social health care has always been available to me & mine.

Anyone that wishes to spare a $ or $$ can do so via the link that Bevina provided in her post.

Pat. I wish you and Kate all the best . Yours has been and continues to be a hard long battle. I hope this fundraiser will ease some of the burden in some way.

M
Pat was a poster for a long time back in the day. It was good to see a fundraiser for both he and Kate and be able to contribute.

None of us know when we may be in the same situation someday. Healthcare is a time bomb! Hopefully some of the older members can help out as well.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 3:39 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to be able to help.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Another poster I remember. Thank you.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 1:55 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Happy to help. The best to Pat and Kate.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks!
The fundraiser is now open until the end of the month.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 3:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I had the pleasure many years ago to meet Pat on one of his trips to my hometown. He was a familiar person in the neighborhood for the full Irish breakfast.

Having first hand knowledge of what illnesses such as cancer can do to a family, with or without, healthcare, I hope that the response is overwhelming for this lovely family.

Rita

Last edited by Rete; Jan 8th 2019 at 3:48 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Thank you Rita. ❤️
Old Jan 10th 2019, 2:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevinva
Even if you don’t remember when Pat posted here please read and consider donating even a little.

I know most wont remember me but Pat was far more of a character than me. Pat Hasler is a British expat married to an American. He works hard as a truck driver to support his family even though he himself has Waldenstrom’s, a type of blood cancer. He has to work to keep his health insurance to stay alive even though he is in pain a lot of the time.

Last year his wife Kate became ill with intestinal issues which have had her close to death a few times. She has been in hospital in three different states seeking treatment, as you know even with health insurance this is still expensive. Eventually she was diagnosed with Blind Loop Syndrome, she has lost weight, has a hard time eating without throwing up and can barely stand a lot of the time. The prescription for the drug that actually helps costs $3000 a month and the insurance company won’t cover it.

Pat has had to take time off work to care for her but even when he is working without pay having used all his vacation time he must still pay $150 a week for his share of the company health insurance.

If everyone who sees this could spare something it could add up to enough to cover the cost of keeping them going and quite frankly keep Kate on her medicine long enough to stay alive. Those in the UK may not understand or believe the horror stories of US healthcare but believe me they are real. It is my understanding there are 6 days left on this fundraiser. https://www.facebook.com/donate/3232...e=external_url
I remember Pat, nice guy. Best wishes to him this New Year.

I can't donate for some reason... it's not working for me right now. I'll try again later or tomorrow.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks, he has said this Fund is really helping. He is hoping to be back to work next week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.