Reload this Page >

Help I've Fallen Over and Can't Get Up

Help I've Fallen Over and Can't Get Up

Old Jul 14th 2018, 1:35 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Help I've Fallen Over and Can't Get Up

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I used to ask her ... what if I'd hurt myself and needed emergency help? Silence ...

Must be a woman thing ...
....and a man thing.

A couple of years ago I fell over a tree root . We were in a holiday home in Rarotonga . He was on the verandah. I was on my way through the garden to the shoreline for the sunset.

I went one way - the ankle went the other. I lay there in full view unable to speak for the pain & there I remained. Finally I hear husband's voice ask 'Are you all right?'. Erms. That would be a big fat nope you arse.

Finally he stirred his stumps down to me to ask if I could stand? Erms. That would be a nope. If it wasn't a nopes I may not still be laying by this here tree root. Turned out I had broken said ankle.

That is just one tale of woe along these lines.
Old Jul 14th 2018, 6:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
....and a man thing.

I guess it's a 'significant other' thing !
Old Jul 15th 2018, 10:10 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I guess it's a 'significant other' thing !
Could well be.

Himself is a fully trained Civil Defence Urban Search and Rescue volunteer. I asked him once if he had cloth ears and shut eyelids when it came to 'events'. He told me ' It's different. Emotion is not involved '

Oh - Really !
Old Jul 15th 2018, 10:21 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Could well be.

Himself is a fully trained Civil Defence Urban Search and Rescue volunteer. I asked him once if he had cloth ears and shut eyelids when it came to 'events'. He told me ' It's different. Emotion is not involved '

Oh - Really !
My wife runs the Community Emergency Response Team in Milwaukie, there was no response to my emergency. Of course emotion is involved. Getting all excited thinking about spending the insurance money if your SO falls off the roof, or dies where they fell is very emotional. A total stranger doesn't provoke the same expectation.
Old Jul 15th 2018, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 16th 2018, 1:09 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Could well be.

Oh - Really !
This reminds me of the ex. He was a volunteer fire fighter / first responder who attended loads of gruesome MVAs on our twisty mountain highway no problem. However when our daughter was 7 and cut the tip.of her finger off he bloody fainted Apparently it was because she's not a stranger.
Old Jul 16th 2018, 2:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
This reminds me of the ex. He was a volunteer fire fighter / first responder who attended loads of gruesome MVAs on our twisty mountain highway no problem. However when our daughter was 7 and cut the tip.of her finger off he bloody fainted Apparently it was because she's not a stranger.
Makes sense. My mom was a paramedic for 20 years and saw plenty of unresponsive people and worked through it no problem, but when a family member was found unresponsive she really struggled with helping while the paramedics were on their way, and she said she never had encountered that at any point with any other patient but no other patient was related.

Same when a stranger dies, people say it sad which it is, but feel no real emotion as they didn't know the person, had no emotional connection to the person.

When I did EMT training and did some ride alongs, there were a few calls that were bloody and I no issue, but if I see a bit too much blood coming from my body, I get light headed and have even fainted. I cannot watch the lab draw blood from myself, but can sit there all day watching them take blood from others....

Suppose its just the way our brains have evolved.
Old Jul 22nd 2018, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

watchamacallit has a spectacular aura aboutwatchamacallit has a spectacular aura aboutwatchamacallit has a spectacular aura about

I don't know why the camera guy doesn't help the old woman get back on her feet ?