Wikiposts

Hate Christmas

Old Dec 22nd 2011, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hate Christmas

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Good song, eh?
Very! Seems to say it all - not necessarily rhyming or rhythmic, but lyrical and good on the ears.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 5:59 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
Very! Seems to say it all - not necessarily rhyming or rhythmic, but lyrical and good on the ears.
Well, of course, he's no Elvis
Old Dec 24th 2011, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96decVNChdo
Old Dec 27th 2011, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimberHut
I can't abide the Xmas farce.

It is possible to give people gifts & enjoy yourself anytime of the year ya know.

Not just because you are told to do so.
+1

Originally Posted by robin1234
That is very true. Me, I certainly don't drink more over the holidays than any other time of year..
Which brings me to the stupidest holiday of the year ... 'New Year' ... why does everyone think you have to drink more at this holiday ... these days I'm often asleep on the sofa by midnight!
Old Dec 28th 2011, 12:24 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
+1

Which brings me to the stupidest holiday of the year ... 'New Year' ... why does everyone think you have to drink more at this holiday ... these days I'm often asleep on the sofa by midnight!
We went to the "First Night" celebrations in Burlington, VT, last year.. a number of good music & stand-up performances etc. at down-town churches and other venues. They had two fireworks displays over the lake, one at midnight but an earlier one at 6pm.. worked for me, I go to bed pretty early on Dec 31 just like every other day of the year!!
Old Dec 28th 2011, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
We went to the "First Night" celebrations in Burlington, VT, last year.. a number of good music & stand-up performances etc. at down-town churches and other venues. They had two fireworks displays over the lake, one at midnight but an earlier one at 6pm.. worked for me, I go to bed pretty early on Dec 31 just like every other day of the year!!

Me too!! I stopped staying up late about 4 - 5 years ago. I would rather get my beauty sleep (and at my age I need all the help I can get) rather than stay up to watch a stupid ball drop in Times Square!!
Old Dec 28th 2011, 12:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Why? Because it's probably one of the few, if not the only one that pretty much everyone gets the day off for.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 2:10 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Now we have shifted to New Year, I hate hate hate that they have a time delayed repeat of New York at midnight on the TV. I know the solution is not to watch TV, but I know I will turn it on to check if they are doing it again.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 7:01 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Now we have shifted to New Year, I hate hate hate that they have a time delayed repeat of New York at midnight on the TV. I know the solution is not to watch TV, but I know I will turn it on to check if they are doing it again.
I dispise that too.

I wish we could get Jools Hollands NYE programme (on a side note why are the Jools shows never on UKNOVA...?)

The restaurant we are going to this NYE has live music and a champagne toast at midnight, unlike the restaurants that we went to in LA that always closed at 10pm
Old Dec 29th 2011, 7:03 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
I dispise that too.

I wish we could get Jools Hollands NYE programme (on a side note why are the Jools shows never on UKNOVA...?)

The restaurant we are going to this NYE has live music and a champagne toast at midnight, unlike the restaurants that we went to in LA that always closed at 10pm
Later is available on DVD. UK Nova doesn't allow uploads of commercially available shows, as is my understanding.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 7:12 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

The Box has them.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 10:45 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Town where we used to live, a Brit pub has a deal with the hotel next door, $165 per person gets you dinner, a glass of champers to toast the year in, a room for the night and breakfast
Old Dec 30th 2011, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

I hate that Christmas decorations start going up on Thanksgiving day but disappear by 3 days after Christmas! The fancy-schmancy private club dining room an ex-boss took us to on the 28th was totally cleared of all seasonal decorations - boo, hissssss. He was so disappointed, as this was, in his mind, still a Christmas do.
Old Dec 30th 2011, 3:08 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
I hate that Christmas decorations start going up on Thanksgiving day but disappear by 3 days after Christmas! The fancy-schmancy private club dining room an ex-boss took us to on the 28th was totally cleared of all seasonal decorations - boo, hissssss. He was so disappointed, as this was, in his mind, still a Christmas do.
I had a customer at my sales depot (smack dab in the middle of the little pedestrian shopping zone, formerly the original "city market") comment that Savannah didn't seem to decorate much for Christmas. Well the thing is that they put the trees and lights etc up right after Thanksgiving, and then took them down this week.

When I was a kid, my dad was adamant that the tree was down before the New Year, otherwise it was bad luck. Also, we never were a family that put it up until the week before Christmas.
Old Dec 30th 2011, 3:12 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs

When I was a kid, my dad was adamant that the tree was down before the New Year, otherwise it was bad luck. Also, we never were a family that put it up until the week before Christmas.
It had to come down on Twelfth Night -- January 6 -- at our house. My OH can't understand my obsession with getting it down that day, but it's so ingrained!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.