Harvey

Old Oct 5th 2017, 5:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Had my kitchen redone nearly two years ago. The best thing I ever decided on was Granite with an under mount sink. Fan bloody tastic.
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I agree.
Goes to show how what works and is liked by one person is not by another. Sis hates the water staining issue on her granite. Nice to have options, isn't it
Old Oct 5th 2017, 5:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Goes to show how what works and is liked by one person is not by another. Sis hates the water staining issue on her granite. Nice to have options, isn't it
I can’t say I’ve had water stains on granite.

Yes options are good.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 8:38 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Very low interest
I think that is quite wrong.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 8:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I think that is quite wrong.
Less than 2% for home owners.

https://www.fema.gov/news-release/20...texas-recovery
Old Oct 6th 2017, 12:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44
It may sound needy or greedy but I hope our insurance pays enough to cover most of our loss. We really don't want to have to take out a loan however low the interest is, not at this time when we need to think about retiring soon.

A lot of people are turning down the loans hoping to be offered grants. Apparently it isn't happening for most of them.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 12:27 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I can’t say I’ve had water stains on granite.

Yes options are good.
Neither have I. Perhaps it depends on the color/pattern of the granite.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 12:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Neither have I. Perhaps it depends on the color/pattern of the granite.
I really can't get excited about kitchens. To me they just need to be practical and easy to clean. I will probably get the whole design wrong anyway, then in a few months wish I had set it up differently
Old Oct 6th 2017, 1:38 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I really can't get excited about kitchens.
I'm with you on that - if it works, or sort of works, that's okay for me

Have a great weekend with M and the grandbaby and hopefully forget about everything for a little while xx
Old Oct 6th 2017, 1:44 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I really can't get excited about kitchens. To me they just need to be practical and easy to clean. I will probably get the whole design wrong anyway, then in a few months wish I had set it up differently
Do you have kitchen suppliers who offer a free design service? Worth using if you do and you can't summon up the interest to do it yourself. I guess as long as you have the triangle with the sink is near the window it'll work.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 2:38 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is utterly basic and functional—but now I do rather wish that I’d gone for something a little more snazzy! For instance I love black, but thought it might be a bit dark for cabinets and/or counters. Now I realize that whenever I’m in there the lights are on anyway, so what’s the difference...
Old Oct 6th 2017, 3:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I'm with you on that - if it works, or sort of works, that's okay for me

Have a great weekend with M and the grandbaby and hopefully forget about everything for a little while xx

Do you have kitchen suppliers who offer a free design service? Worth using if you do and you can't summon up the interest to do it yourself. I guess as long as you have the triangle with the sink is near the window it'll work.

I actually don't want the sink by the window. When I said that to the contractor he looked puzzled. .

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Mine is utterly basic and functional—but now I do rather wish that I’d gone for something a little more snazzy! For instance I love black, but thought it might be a bit dark for cabinets and/or counters. Now I realize that whenever I’m in there the lights are on anyway, so what’s the difference...

Black would look good! Right now I'm looking at a silver grey shaker style...whatever that means. It's plain and simple
Old Oct 6th 2017, 5:09 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

For what it's worth, today they (whoever they are) came and removed all the tree debris from outside the homes on my street from Irma. Not bad service IMO. 3 weeks, hopefully folks with more serious issues were dealt with beforehand!
Old Oct 6th 2017, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Good suggestion Moneypenny! My son-in-law (who is very handy) put in a new kitchen last summer. He did a great job - did everything by himself except the countertops (granite is very heavy). The house had the original 1970s kitchen so really needed updating. My daughter wanted a lazy susan in the corner so SIL moved the stove a little ways to accommodate that. It looks great. If you like what you have, keep the same plan, if not maybe get a little help in changing the design. As for granite - it needs to be sealed or you will get stains/water stains. It usually needs two coats and then is good for a couple of years, but it is porus and will require sealing - Corian doesn't so that could be a good alternative.

So glad things are finally moving along for you SM - you must be exhausted. Hope you have a great weekend with your little grand-baby
Old Oct 6th 2017, 12:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Whenever I say I’d like to go somewhere I’ve not been before...my husband always says ‘How about the kitchen?
Old Oct 11th 2017, 1:32 am
Account Closed

Harvey-20171010_172114.jpg

The contractor arrived today. We have a new doorway

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.