Harvey

Old Sep 28th 2017, 2:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey

Originally Posted by BEVS
Missed this over the weekend.

Very sorry to read this .
Nothing to add but a hug from me and hope to read it is sorted immediately.
Hugs are appreciated

We are having the studs treated again to prevent mold. Apparently the first treatment was not enough.

I can't wait to be able to use the bathroom without having half my body on show because of no sheet rock or walls. Good thing it is only me and him living here
Old Sep 28th 2017, 3:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Hugs are appreciated

We are having the studs treated again to prevent mold. Apparently the first treatment was not enough.

I can't wait to be able to use the bathroom without having half my body on show because of no sheet rock or walls. Good thing it is only me and him living here
You mean you're not an exhibitionist? You surprise me.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a bit late coming, but Mitsubishi is launching their PHEV at the end of the year. One of the features it has, is that it can power a house for up to 10 days with it's built in generator. It can also drive through water up to 14 miles.

Mitsubishi Outlander Plug-in Hybrid can now power homes during an outage
Old Oct 5th 2017, 1:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Update...if you're interested

The up-front money arrived. A contractor has been hired for some of the heavy work and M and SiL and a friend are going to lay floors and paint walls. Still no idea how much the insurance will pay out which is frustrating when you are pricing up necessities.

I'm finally taking a whole weekend off this week. I intend to sleep, eat and relax!

FEMA called and arranged to visit last Sunday. I was very surprised as other than offering us shelter accommodation that we didn't even ask for when we first flooded we had not had any contact from them. The inspector spent two hours with us and was more thorough in her inspection than our insurance adjustor. If we are not satisfied with our insurance pay out then apparently we could apply for a FEMA loan

Kitchen cabinets and work tops are on the shopping list this weekend. I'm not very good at planning out rooms, I am hoping it will all come together
Old Oct 5th 2017, 1:50 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Yup. I'm interested.

It does sound like things are moving along and I am pleased you will habe a weekend away from work even if your home is all to pot.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Oct 5th 2017 at 2:06 am. Reason: Fixed Admin's quote cock up. ........
Old Oct 5th 2017, 2:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The up-front money arrived. A contractor has been hired for some of the heavy work and M and SiL and a friend are going to lay floors and paint walls. Still no idea how much the insurance will pay out which is frustrating when you are pricing up necessities.

I'm finally taking a whole weekend off this week. I intend to sleep, eat and relax!

FEMA called and arranged to visit last Sunday. I was very surprised as other than offering us shelter accommodation that we didn't even ask for when we first flooded we had not had any contact from them. The inspector spent two hours with us and was more thorough in her inspection than our insurance adjustor. If we are not satisfied with our insurance pay out then apparently we could apply for a FEMA loan

Kitchen cabinets and work tops are on the shopping list this weekend. I'm not very good at planning out rooms, I am hoping it will all come together
Of course we are interested!!

Pleased to hear progress is being made...even if it is slowly.

Try to take a little ‘me’ time this weekend...make M take some too.

FEMA loan...LOAN...LOAN...WTF?
Old Oct 5th 2017, 2:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

Ok so I'm guessing neither you nor C know the answer but this loan - would that be one that the homeowner needs to pay back or one that FEMA would then chase the Insurance Co for? - possibly a stupid question and I already know the answer but just to be clear.

C If the kitchen layout worked well before just recreate it, if you used to think 'Damn I wish that was there and not there' then redesign it. New kitchens are awesome.

Can you get out for a Trike drive this weekend? Sod the house for a day.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 2:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

Very low interest

Hoping to have some grandbaby fun. It will take away some stress
Old Oct 5th 2017, 2:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Very low interest

Hoping to have some grandbaby fun. It will take away some stress
Yeah I know but still WTF.

Nothing like a little granddaughter fun to take your mind of things. Enjoy!!
Old Oct 5th 2017, 2:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did not know they did loans, what is the interest rate?
Old Oct 5th 2017, 5:49 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Glad things are starting to come together Sm, if only slowly. At least it's a start. Have a restful weekend.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 6:19 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Me, too.

Glad you got some funds to help along but dismayed that the insurance hasn't reached a final figure as yet. As for FEMA, at least they found you and everything is now on record.

Please be good to yourself and rest and sleep this weekend. I can only imagine the emotional and physical stress you have been operating under.

Have a look at the new, at least knew to me, laminate countertops that are out now. You would swear they were granite but they are porous so you don't get water marks/stains and you can place hot pots and oven pans on it without scorching or burning them. My sister has granite and hates it, especially with the under mount sink in the kitchen. And her daughter had the laminate installed last year in their newly built home and loves it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lami...w=1280&bih=558

Last edited by Rete; Oct 5th 2017 at 6:25 am.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 9:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Rete
My sister has granite and hates it, especially with the under mount sink in the kitchen.
Had my kitchen redone nearly two years ago. The best thing I ever decided on was Granite with an under mount sink. Fan bloody tastic.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 10:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Had my kitchen redone nearly two years ago. The best thing I ever decided on was Granite with an under mount sink. Fan bloody tastic.
I agree.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 5:04 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update, I'm very interested. Glad to hear it is coming along, it must be so infuriating waiting on the insurance...

Hope you manage to get some rest this weekend, in between all the shopping of course.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.