Harvey

Old Sep 12th 2017, 3:00 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Unfortunately Irma seems to have eclipsed Harvey ... but we are still thinking of all our BE friends in Houston
Perhaps Florida won't be such a desirable place for Brits to want to move to for a few years..
Old Sep 12th 2017, 3:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Perhaps Florida won't be such a desirable place for Brits to want to move to for a few years..
Are you kidding me? We've already had one guy this week dreaming of moving to Texas. Hurricanes, drought, famine, plague of locusts...nothing will put them off.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 4:47 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Honey, thank you so much for the offer, it is appreciated. Right now we need to have minimum furniture in the house because of the demolition work. Maybe there is somewhere near you where you can donate it ?

There are so many people in our condition or worse that don't have insurance. We will eventually be able to replace everything. I am determined to make this an exercise to start minimizing our lives and our personal possessions.

Except my sketchers...
Yep, I have friends near by that will need it too.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 4:48 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Are you kidding me? We've already had one guy this week dreaming of moving to Texas. Hurricanes, drought, famine, plague of locusts...nothing will put them off.
Well, Disney World has reopened....
Old Sep 13th 2017, 12:05 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Attachment 128530

Attachment 128531

Attachment 128532

We are living in a shell right now. Although I am not home very much as I am working 12 hour days. Tomorrow is day 13 straight days. I took off an hour on Friday to meet the insurance adjustor. Hopefully we can start remodeling soon
Looks gut wrenching.

I do hope the re-do is underway soon.

and never mind everyone else missus. I know you have a great big heart but you need your home & to be comfy.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 11:03 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

You're all about to be sprayed with mosquito insecticide
Ready Harris > News & Information > Ready Harris News

From what I read about Katrina, this is a good thing. Lots of people outside repairing houses, too hot to be covered up and with many places still not having air conditioners working, mosquito population went right up.

Take care everyone.
Lovely to hear from you all and glad to see you are keeping your chins up.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 11:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Rant of the day.

Still no sign of the insurance money. I had a phone call yesterday to say we were approved for an up front payment and it will be released in the next 10 days. Errr...that is not very up front seeing as this all happened a month ago! The final claim is still not decided.

The reason I am ranting is we have paid into flood insurance every year,all our neighbourhood have. Two blocks over that didn't because they were not in the zone have already been paid by FEMA. Until we know how much our insurance will pay FEMA will not help us so our street still looks like a war zone. Most of the families with kids haven't even returned yet because of the damage.

If you do the right thing you have to wait apparantly
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 11:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Always the way, the world over sadly. Delaying handing out the money is just a way of showing whose in charge and that they don't give a toss that your lives have been turned upside down. Sucks. You will get there. xxx
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 11:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Rant of the day.

Still no sign of the insurance money. I had a phone call yesterday to say we were approved for an up front payment and it will be released in the next 10 days. Errr...that is not very up front seeing as this all happened a month ago! The final claim is still not decided.

The reason I am ranting is we have paid into flood insurance every year,all our neighbourhood have. Two blocks over that didn't because they were not in the zone have already been paid by FEMA. Until we know how much our insurance will pay FEMA will not help us so our street still looks like a war zone. Most of the families with kids haven't even returned yet because of the damage.

Absolutely disgusting SM. It sends the wrong message...don't bother paying for insurance taxpayers will pick up your bill. Plus you will get compensation much quicker than those who have paid for insurance.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 11:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Always the way, the world over sadly. Delaying handing out the money is just a way of showing whose in charge and that they don't give a toss that your lives have been turned upside down. Sucks. You will get there. xxx
Absolutely disgusting SM. It sends the wrong message...don't bother paying for insurance taxpayers will pick up your bill. Plus you will get compensation much quicker than those who have paid for insurance.
Thanks guys.

Yesterday was a bad day. The insurance hassle, living conditions and extra work hours has finally got to me. I know there are a lot of people in a worse situation than us. At least our house is going to be liveable again, some are not. And having a micro manager big Boss does not help either. .....hopefully her attitude during this disaster will be her downfall

Last night was an improvement, we ventured out for a couple of hours to Lowes to check out flooring and wall tile. The flooring aisle was a mass of flood victims doing the same thing and we were entertained by a young sales guy giving us all the low down on which flooring would survive another flood. The comments back to him were hilarious and he replied with equal humour. It was a much needed giggle!

And yes, all the big box stores are making a fortune out of our big disaster
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 12:01 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys.

Yesterday was a bad day. The insurance hassle, living conditions and extra work hours has finally got to me. I know there are a lot of people in a worse situation than us. At least our house is going to be liveable again, some are not. And having a micro manager big Boss does not help either. .....hopefully her attitude during this disaster will be her downfall

Last night was an improvement, we ventured out for a couple of hours to Lowes to check out flooring and wall tile. The flooring aisle was a mass of flood victims doing the same thing and we were entertained by a young sales guy giving us all the low down on which flooring would survive another flood. The comments back to him were hilarious and he replied with equal humour. It was a much needed giggle!

And yes, all the big box stores are making a fortune out of our big disaster
the insurance company gets a conscience soon and you all get paid out. Glad the salesman managed to make you smile for a little while
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 12:34 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Rant of the day.

That's really bad, like you say I have heard of people saying they have their FEMA money already. The fact that you are having to wait is disgraceful.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 12:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Its frustrating to watch help being given and stand there watching knowing that you are entitled to the same help but from a private source that you trusted and it is so slow in coming through. Working those hours day in and day out must be killing you, SM. When you have time to sleep and rest and just plain talk things over with the Sugar Man? Crossing fingers that the check is in your hands by Monday afternoon.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 6:57 pm

I was helping a friend try and clean some of her flooded stuff a few days ago. We started to hear a megaphone and lots of noises and it went on for so long that we thought we should go see what it was. The megaphone was worse than a train announcer and not clear even as we got near. It turned out to be the Red Cross trying to give us hot meals at 10.30 am in the 90' heat. I know I'm going to sound ungrateful, but we are quite a long way into this now. Round here depending where you are the houses are gutted, dried or partially dried and beginning to be rebuilt. People are either living with friends, moved to apartments on short term leases or living upstairs while they finish downstairs. They were finding it extremely difficult to give out their hot meals. A few contractors came out of houses and took some, but no actual home owners did. It seemed an odd thing to be doing at that location at that stage.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 10:12 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Rant of the day.

Missed this over the weekend.

Very sorry to read this .
Nothing to add but a hug from me and hope to read it is sorted immediately.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.