Harvey

Old Aug 28th 2017, 3:04 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
We are safe. We ended up being 'told" to leave for our own safety although we had already made the decision to go. We are staying with friends in the next town.

It was very emotional. Trying to pack essentials and move furniture all the while wondering if we would have anything left when it is all over. I cried, I dropped the truck keys in the flooded ditch and a snake swam across my boots when I was trying to find the keys.

Then tonight watching all the helicopter rescues I realized that really we were lucky. We had left in our own vehicle to go to a safe house with great friends to take care of us. They have fed us and made us laugh and tried to take our minds off our house. They are going back with us tomorrow and they will help us when clean up time starts. Our home may be a complete loss but we have support. Some of the rescued people had nothing but the clothes on their backs.

Thanks guys for thinking of us. M is sleeping now, he is exhausted. I'm hyped up right now but will probably crash soon. It's been a weird few days.
Glad you are safe, and just hope for the best about the house. It must be very rough. I'm sorry.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 3:33 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear that everyone's just about hanging in there. Here's hoping the weather eases up soon.

SM, you've been through worse. This too shall pass.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 4:46 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry about the house SM, but as long as you are safe the material things can be replaced.

Weeze, Chocolatebabs and the rest of the Houston area people, stay safe everyone.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Hang on in there. Glad the cell networks and comms are still in place so that you can stay in touch.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 7:05 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

We are safe. We ended up being 'told" to leave for our own safety although we had already made the decision to go. We are staying with friends in the next town.

It was very emotional. Trying to pack essentials and move furniture all the while wondering if we would have anything left when it is all over. I cried, I dropped the truck keys in the flooded ditch and a snake swam across my boots when I was trying to find the keys.

Then tonight watching all the helicopter rescues I realized that really we were lucky. We had left in our own vehicle to go to a safe house with great friends to take care of us. They have fed us and made us laugh and tried to take our minds off our house. They are going back with us tomorrow and they will help us when clean up time starts. Our home may be a complete loss but we have support. Some of the rescued people had nothing but the clothes on their backs.

Thanks guys for thinking of us. M is sleeping now, he is exhausted. I'm hyped up right now but will probably crash soon. It's been a weird few days.
so pleased that you are safe and dry, the worst part will be when you return, hope there isn't too much damage but it can take weeks to get sorted, I know from experience. The pictures shown on TV this morning in the UK show how horrendous the whole situation is .
Old Aug 28th 2017, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Chesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond repute

I can barely imagine what you're all going through either on the big weather or the devastation front. Hope the rain lets up soon and that damage is limited. SM I hope you switched off and got some rest.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

I hope all of you down there, stay safe. SM, it might not be quite as bad as you feared, but at least you have M, and good friends helping out, and that is priceless.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond repute

So glad that you are safe SM. I have been thinking about you, each time I look at the Weather Channel.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 1:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hoping that there isn't too much damage...and that you and M will be able to get back to normal very soon.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 1:49 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

We are still dry, somehow. I don't know if we will stay that way. Touch and go. Even if we flood, we are not in mortal danger, so it could be a lot worse.

This is a truly horrific event - I'm hoping we don't become part of the damage statistics, but 100,000s of thousands if not millions will be impacted by it.

Last night people were talking about this being the 800 year flood in places.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 1:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
We are still dry, somehow. I don't know if we will stay that way. Touch and go. Even if we flood, we are not in mortal danger, so it could be a lot worse.

This is a truly horrific event - I'm hoping we don't become part of the damage statistics, but 100,000s of thousands if not millions will be impacted by it.

That's good...I hope it stays that way for you.

Thanks for updating us.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 2:01 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze

Thanks for the update. Hoping you continue to stay water free
Old Aug 28th 2017, 2:52 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Is Houston a basin, like New Orleans?

I spent 7 months there in 2002. I remember when it would rain heavily; there would be flash floods and the amount of water in the underpasses so quickly was scary.

Can't wait to see the footage of the Cajun Navy doing their thing.
Old Aug 28th 2017, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

The sad thing is a bet the majority of people don't have flood insurance. What a horrendous situation. I wish flood was included in regular home insurance like in the UK
Old Aug 28th 2017, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Owen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond repute

Water is much higher than during the floods last year.

Our neighbours just sent a video of the road and sidewalk flooded up to the bottom of the path at the front of our house. It would need to go about two feet higher to go up our path and the steps, but with water still rising and another 15" forecast between now and Wednesday, I'm not confident the house will be safe. At least we're safe, though.
There are boat rescues in Blackhorse Ranch, a couple of miles north of us. And we're not even in the worst affected area.

Thinking of all of you still in Texas. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.