Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Harrisburg, PA meet up

Harrisburg, PA meet up

Old Oct 23rd 2009, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

juliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud of
Default Harrisburg, PA meet up

There have been several threads recently for Harrisburg & York PA about getting together for a decent curry

So how about anyone who's interested responds and suggests some dates and then we'll decide one a date. I'm suggesting Passage to India in Harrisburg cos they do a bloody good curry and onion bhaji I'm easy on dates cos we don't have kids so I'm up for whenever.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

Cuddly Duddly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Harrisburg, PA meet up

Hello, juliecalifornia, both my wife and I are on. Here's is just a brief idea. How about meeting at lunch time for their buffet? That way anyone joining can just grab a plateful and sit at the long table which is usually at the back. Oh oh, I just thought they may use that long table for putting out the buffet. I don't remember seeing another long table there during lunch time now I come to think of it. But there is always the round one just inside the door. We have had 6 around that one.

If other join this thread and are interested, let them share their views and we can try to fix a date.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cuddly Duddly
Hello, juliecalifornia, both my wife and I are on. Here's is just a brief idea. How about meeting at lunch time for their buffet? That way anyone joining can just grab a plateful and sit at the long table which is usually at the back. Oh oh, I just thought they may use that long table for putting out the buffet. I don't remember seeing another long table there during lunch time now I come to think of it. But there is always the round one just inside the door. We have had 6 around that one.

If other join this thread and are interested, let them share their views and we can try to fix a date.
Yeah I'm up for it, lunch dinner which ever is easiest for everyone else. I'm quite flexible on dates and times too as long as I have enough notice to ask my MIL to babysit.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

uslynnukandrew is an unknown quantity at this point

we are up for it too lunch would be hard for us though. Dinner better we dont have a good babysitter, so timing might be tough, we can try to work around the date people pick.

Looking forward to seeing everyone....
Old Oct 29th 2009, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

juliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud of

So was it something I said ?!!!!! Several people had indicated interest on other threads, so if anyone wants to suggest an alternative meet-up, please do!

I'll give this one some more time anyway, just in case people are on holiday etc.

Julie
Old Oct 30th 2009, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm still up for it. Did you want to do I week or weekend night? I think in November I am free apart from the 8th and the 29/30th.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 1:27 am
Just Joined

Looks as if dinner would be the popular choice. We can do the second and third Saturday evening in November. Anyone else?
Old Nov 7th 2009, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

So how about Saturday 14 November (a week from tomorrow)?

Please respond and let me know if this date works or if people would prefer the following Saturday (21). I'm thinking about 8pm?
Old Nov 8th 2009, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

OK. Both my wife and I can do that date and time, Sat, 14 Nov, 8:00 pm.

Now the question is, how many more will go and how do we book a table for an unknown number? There is usually a circular table for 6 people just inside the door and,at the back, there is usually a long table, often occupied by Indian families, ( a good omen ), which may seat up to 12 people.

Do you want to make the booking, which I believe is necessary on a Saturday night? If so, ask to speak to Mr. Vishnu Shenoy, the proprietor or his wife and explain we want a table for between 3 and X number of people.

If anyone else is interested, please tell this Forum asap and we shall look forward to our meeting.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Cuddly Duddly, if you know the owner and want to make the booking that makes it easy!

So far I have myself & my husband, Sandy Lumb (from another thread), Nethead (is that just you or hubbie too?), Cuddly Duddley & wife. USlynnUKAndrew how about you two - can you make it?

So it sounds like there's 6 definites plus anyone else who responds meanwhile. So 8pm Saturday 14 Nov (this coming Saturday), so anyone who can't make it after all, pls shout, and anyone else who wants to come along, pls also shout

Looking forward to it!
Old Nov 9th 2009, 12:17 am
Just Joined

OK, I'll see to the booking. Please try to firm up exactly the people who will be there for numbers sake. As I will be the one sticking "my neck out" I don't want to upset Vishnu as we are frequent visitors to his establishment.

So, I am going to suggest, here and now, that whoever wants to go agrees on this Forum by Thursday night so I can confirm the reservation on Friday morning. Does that sound reasonable to everyone??

Juliecalifornia, do you know if there are other interested parties on the other Forum who may not be following this discussion? If so, please try to rope them in and we should have an interesting and convivial time.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

OK, I'll see to the booking. Please try to firm up exactly the people who will be there for numbers sake. As I will be the one sticking "my neck out" I don't want to upset Vishnu as we are frequent visitors to his establishment.

So, I am going to suggest, here and now, that whoever wants to go agrees on this Forum by Thursday night so I can confirm the reservation on Friday morning. Does that sound reasonable to everyone??

Juliecalifornia, do you know if there are other interested parties on the other Forum who may not be following this discussion? If so, please try to rope them in and we should have an interesting and convivial time.
If you're not comfortable making the booking that's fine...I was making the assumption you would prefer to, seeing as you volunteered the information, so I didn't want to step on your toes. I'm not quite sure how you'll be sticking your neck out, as I'm sure by the end of the week we'll have a confirmed headcount and it's not like there's going to be a huge number.

In any event, I've added the meetup details to the meetup calendar and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!
Old Nov 9th 2009, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

I should be ok for saturday, but will have to double check with my MIL that she can babysit. It would just be me, as my husband works on saturday evenings.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

I'll check this forum on Friday morning. I shall then make a reservation for the numbers who have declared their intention of being there on Saturday evening at 8:00 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

I'll check this forum on Friday morning. I shall then make a reservation for the numbers who have declared their intention of being there on Saturday evening at 8:00 pm.
Sounds like a plan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.