Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Happy New Year from UK

Happy New Year from UK

Old Dec 31st 2013, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Happy New Year from UK

So here I am overdosing on sage and onion stuffing...Toby carvery...come dine with me...nothing to declare and the pound shops. Fell right back into the swing!!! By the way were the roads here always so narrow and the public loos always so teeny tiny ...
That being said I wish you all a happy healthy new year...May it be a good one for us all.
Old Dec 31st 2013, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

MiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Happy New Year from UK

I'm also over here for Xmas/New year and loving the food and telly! Very happy New Year to you too, and all on BE
Old Dec 31st 2013, 9:53 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

I know some folk think us from Yorkshire are a bit slow t' catch on, but ba ma reckoning tha's abaht 'arf a day early lass!

Happy New Year when it comes though!

I'm also "over here" and having a grand old time! Wish I could transfer some photos from camera to iPad so I can share the fish and chips and clotted cream afternoon teas with "them back there". Actually, no I don't....I never was very good at sharing fish and chips
Old Dec 31st 2013, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

paul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond reputepaul32x has a reputation beyond repute

"By the way were the roads here always so narrow..."

That's one of the things I notice when I go back, and parking spaces, they don't give you room to open the door! Toby Carvery, I am most envious. Happy New Year.
Old Dec 31st 2013, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
So here I am overdosing on sage and onion stuffing...Toby carvery...come dine with me...nothing to declare and the pound shops. Fell right back into the swing!!! By the way were the roads here always so narrow and the public loos always so teeny tiny ...
That being said I wish you all a happy healthy new year...May it be a good one for us all.
Just wanted to wish all the BE members a Happy New Year in advance - not to get all mushy and 'American' about it (although I guess I need to learn to assimilate when I am over there haha ) but I appreciate the camraderie and support we all give each other here in the US forums.

Have a 'great' 2014!

Hoffage
Old Dec 31st 2013, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
I know some folk think us from Yorkshire are a bit slow t' catch on, but ba ma reckoning tha's abaht 'arf a day early lass!

Happy New Year when it comes though!

I'm also "over here" and having a grand old time! Wish I could transfer some photos from camera to iPad so I can share the fish and chips and clotted cream afternoon teas with "them back there". Actually, no I don't....I never was very good at sharing fish and chips
Ee by gum...ave to make use o WiFi when I can....eye alf a day early but never mind ...ave a reet good un (I'm from the north east and so don't speak like this)
Old Dec 31st 2013, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paul32x
"By the way were the roads here always so narrow..."

That's one of the things I notice when I go back, and parking spaces, they don't give you room to open the door! Toby Carvery, I am most envious. Happy New Year.
I'm just back from another Toby....going for the world record!!!! Scrummy
Old Dec 31st 2013, 5:13 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
Ee by gum...ave to make use o WiFi when I can....eye alf a day early but never mind ...ave a reet good un (I'm from the north east and so don't speak like this)
Ah dint think ah do eetha, lass, but it's quite good brain exercise trying to work out how to get a Yorkshire accent through a keyboard

what part of the north east are you in? We were over in Whitby yesterday, Northallerton today, and suspect we will be going for a freshening walk on the beach at Saltburn tomorrow. Any chance of a BE meetup

back to Texas on Friday....Already wondering what BA are going to do to F$&@ up my Happy New Year
Old Dec 31st 2013, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year. Did you move to the East Bay before you left or is that occurring later?
Old Dec 31st 2013, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Ah dint think ah do eetha, lass, but it's quite good brain exercise trying to work out how to get a Yorkshire accent through a keyboard

what part of the north east are you in? We were over in Whitby yesterday, Northallerton today, and suspect we will be going for a freshening walk on the beach at Saltburn tomorrow. Any chance of a BE meetup

back to Texas on Friday....Already wondering what BA are going to do to F$&@ up my Happy New Year
I'm in the Boro!!!!! Off to Newcastle Tom or we could've met!!!! Ah saltburn...I hate driving up the bank...!!..Ah tea at Bettys Northallerton!!
Happy days!!!
Old Dec 31st 2013, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Michael
Happy New Year. Did you move to the East Bay before you left or is that occurring later?
Thank you Michael..yes I've moved...Livermore about 1month ago...LOVE IT!!!! Pleasanton is also very nice....and oooo walnut Creek!!!!
Happy New Year to you!
Old Dec 31st 2013, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

notonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond repute

Also in the mother land for Christmas and New Year. Have over dosed on fish and chips, had a few trips to Tesco and Sainsbury to stock up on supplies. Off to the panto tomorrow.

Also having issues with narrow roads, amount of traffic, small parking spaces and looking an idiot waiting for someone to come and fill my car with petrol then after five minutes realising I have to go pump gas myself!
Old Jan 1st 2014, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by notonuksoil

Also having issues with narrow roads, amount of traffic, small parking spaces and looking an idiot waiting for someone to come and fill my car with petrol then after five minutes realising I have to go pump gas myself!
too funny! Would have taken me ages to realize it
Old Jan 1st 2014, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by notonuksoil
Also in the mother land for Christmas and New Year. Have over dosed on fish and chips, had a few trips to Tesco and Sainsbury to stock up on supplies. Off to the panto tomorrow.

I really miss the pantos! Last year my daughter, son-in-law and grand-children were in the UK over Christmas/New Year. It was the kids first trip there and they went to the panto - loved it. Have fun - I am so envious
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

notonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond reputenotonuksoil has a reputation beyond repute

Also had a few issues with those damned average speed zones and the insane amount of speed cameras. If we survive this trip without a speeding ticket it will be a Christmas miracle!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.