Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Halloween..do you open your door?

Halloween..do you open your door?

Old Oct 29th 2014, 7:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Halloween..do you open your door?

Lots of organized fun nights near us so for the last few years we have not had many trick or treaters. We do have candy at work as all County offices decorate and are open for kids to stop by on the 31st. We get a lot of day cares bring in their kids, especially as we are right next to s park as well. And now we have a family of 5 kids next door I can easily get rid of excess candy....well except for these...Halloween..do you open your door?-img_20141029_140430.jpg
Old Oct 29th 2014, 7:27 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Halloween..do you open your door?

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Lots of organized fun nights near us so for the last few years we have not had many trick or treaters. We do have candy at work as all County offices decorate and are open for kids to stop by on the 31st. We get a lot of day cares bring in their kids, especially as we are right next to s park as well. And now we have a family of 5 kids next door I can easily get rid of excess candy....well except for these...Attachment 119511
This is the first year I won't be going trick or treating with my daughter. Our estate isn't great for going house to house, and she's arranged to go out with some friends in their estate, and a set of parents have volunteered to walk around with them. I feel a little sad about it, some of the houses go to a great deal of trouble here, and it's usually a lot of fun. But my daughter really doesn't need me traipsing around with her, and it's forecasting rain.

I certainly won't be answering the door, but will put a bowl of candy out on the step. It's a small cul-de-sac, at the end of the estate, so I don't think many kids will come down here.

I think I'll go to the wine bar instead .
Old Oct 29th 2014, 7:46 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

We are usually out with the mini Weezes so we leave the candy on the doorstep. Although last year I left out two bowls full that went within 45 mins. I think some little b'stards just empy it straight into pillowcases. When we get back we usually blow out the candles and turn out the lights at the front door. Then we don't get the late ones while the kids are in bed. It's a fine line here between the cute trick or treaters and the teenagers in no costumes being a pain at 9.30pm.
I'm doing the teal pumpkin project this year. That's where you paint a pumpkin teal and put out some non-edable treats as well.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 8:57 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

I live in a cul-de-sac. we are the first house as you enter it. When we moved in we got told we were Halloween hosts. Everyone in the cul-de-sac brings chairs and sits in our driveway so the kids don't have to walk all the way around. I need to provide a table and power outlet, people bring food and a warmer of mulled wine. I usually put up some orange lights and all the kids in the cul-de-sac put their pumpkins at the end of the drive and go trick or treating together.
Its normally good fun until the Mexicans start trucking in their kids later on in the night and even trick or treat as adults at which point they get told to **** off.

Last edited by Uncle_Bob; Oct 29th 2014 at 9:01 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
This is the first year I won't be going trick or treating with my daughter. Our estate isn't great for going house to house, and she's arranged to go out with some friends in their estate, and a set of parents have volunteered to walk around with them. I feel a little sad about it, some of the houses go to a great deal of trouble here, and it's usually a lot of fun. But my daughter really doesn't need me traipsing around with her, and it's forecasting rain.

I certainly won't be answering the door, but will put a bowl of candy out on the step. It's a small cul-de-sac, at the end of the estate, so I don't think many kids will come down here.

I think I'll go to the wine bar instead .
Why won't you answer the door? I liked seeing their costumes.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond repute

I usually go out with the boys treat or treating and DH stay at home off loading the sweets.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

We do have the porch lights on and open the door between 6-8pm. After that, they're out of luck. We got a lot of TorT's last year, mostly smaller kids but a few bigger kids/teens as well.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bnet36
treat or treating.
Is that the new PC version?
Old Oct 29th 2014, 9:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I will if someone comes by. Last year we only had 1 kid, but we don't have many families in the complex, I think 2 units have kids, so not a very likely place to get anyone coming by.

I always have a small bag of candy ready just in case though.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 9:25 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Why won't you answer the door? I liked seeing their costumes.
Too much hassle with the dog, and then there's the palaver of having to put my wine down and get up off my butt.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

We've usually been out and left a bowl of candy by the front door, every year before there's been at least half of it left when we get home. The community we live in now has quite a few kids so we're expecting more trick or treaters this year. Husbandchog will be staying in to open the door while me and some of the other mums take the little ones out

Lx
Old Oct 29th 2014, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by N1cky
Too much hassle with the dog, and then there's the palaver of having to put my wine down and get up off my butt.
Fair enough
Old Oct 29th 2014, 10:22 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BubbleChog
..... Husbandchog will be staying in to open the door while me and some of the other mums take the little ones out. ....
That's the Pulaski family operating model too.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 10:37 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

DH sits outside on a camp chair and hands it out - while i go out with the kiddos.

we are in a new house this year - so have no idea what to expect in number of kids etc. ive bought a tonne of stuff WE like just in case i get left with loads haha.

BUT the most important thing SugarM - where did you get the crabby patties - I always buy these for us to eat as we all love them - but ive not seen ANY of them yet this halloween!
Old Oct 29th 2014, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond repute

After having several bad experiences with chavvy neighbour kids in the UK, I have been put off Halloween permanently - so I am glad that I live on the top floor of an apartment complex; I don't have to answer the door then.

Hoffage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.