Halloween

Old Oct 11th 2017, 8:10 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Halloween

You people with crotch goblins:

What are you doing for Halloween?
Costumes? Party ideas? Favorite movie recommendations?

So far we done picked pumpkins in a big farmer's field, and we went to a haunted field thing. It's a corn maize with a haunted house dispersed within the maze. People dressed as ghouls coming at you through the corn.
They also had a paintball zombie bit, where they drive you through another part of the corn field and you shoot the zombies from a trailer. It was very much fun.

Also, we gots the 13th Floor hear in Denver. Right next to it is an escape room where you have an hour to escape from a cycle killer's cabin, freeing a hostage in the process.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Halloween

Just carving some pumpkins and putting them on the patio. Not going to a party or anything of fun. No kids in the building so doubt we will even see any trick or treaters.

I like carving the pumpkins though.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 3:26 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Not a whole hell of a lot, really. One or other of us will bring our daughter around the neighborhood to get her sweets, while the other one sits at home with a big bowl of sweets to hand out if anyone shows up. Maybe we'll remember to buy pumpkins but that tends to fall by the wayside most years.

Such a pointless day. But the vastly superior Thanksgiving and Christmas are on the horizon thereafter, so there's that.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

I'm more about thanksgiving and Christmas. I am excited for my first thanksgiving in the US, judging by the photos of all the food my girlfriend sends of what her mum makes!
Old Oct 12th 2017, 3:32 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maste
I'm more about thanksgiving and Christmas. I am excited for my first thanksgiving in the US, judging by the photos of all the food my girlfriend sends of what her mum makes!
I got to have my first Thanksgiving on my very first trip out here, due to some fortuitous timing. It's been one of my favourites ever since.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I got to have my first Thanksgiving on my very first trip out here, due to some fortuitous timing. It's been one of my favourites ever since.
The amount of snacks and meat and veggies and other stuff I'd never seen/heard of made me jealous. Leftovers for days on end appeals to me too, no faffing for food. Just load up and eat.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 3:54 pm
I have a comma problem

The amount of snacks and meat and veggies and other stuff I'd never seen/heard of made me jealous. Leftovers for days on end appeals to me too, no faffing for food. Just load up and eat.
It also helps that I absolutely love turkey, of course. What makes it even better this year is my wife's granny is having it at her place, so we don't even have to worry about cleaning our house afterwards this time

Sorry, Octang, I've ruined your thread ...
Old Oct 12th 2017, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

My wife just went out and got a number of huge bags of candy to give out.

Can't wait to eat all the leftovers and then complain for the next 3 days about the incapacitating stomach ache I have.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 4:52 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by BenK91

Can't wait to eat all the leftovers and then complain for the next 3 days about the incapacitating stomach ache I have.
That's the best part. I always like it when it rains on Halloween because then I get to just eat the candy myself
Old Oct 12th 2017, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BenK91

We bought candy in advance and I've been sneaking some now and again. I'm in for a telling off when the girlfriend realises
Old Oct 12th 2017, 7:07 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

We have little kids so nothing too scary here. We have a tradition where we buy dollar tree pumpkins every year and them paint them to turn them into something. Then we put them all outside to make a pumpkin patch. It’s been 4 years now. This years additions were a huge spider with pipe cleaner legs, a cat, a cauldron and Olaf.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 7:08 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

And i’m Concerned that my kids might actually get to taste Heath bars this year. I had to get my wisdom teeth removed and I don’t know if i’ll be up to chewy, crunchy toffee by Halloween.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 7:42 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Just a warning about Thanksgiving food. It's generally been my experience that Americans just don't know any better, but they do weird things like mashed potatoes with turkey, instead of roast potatoes. And cranberry sauce with it. Sweet with savory... Bleurgh.

And they do these weird "salads", with pink stuff and marshmallow, and asparagus and bean casseroles. And cornbread. Who the heck wants cornbread.

Basically, they're good at cooking turkeys, but it's generally a B- to a good old British roast/Christmas dinner.

Just my opinion. They just don't know any better. Double so for "biscuits and gravy". That's just tasteless mush.

Last edited by Octang Frye; Oct 12th 2017 at 7:46 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's ironic that we spend all this time telling kids not to accept candy from strangers, and also not to open the door to strangers, but on Haloween we do the exact opposite!

I've always thought it must be a field day for thieves to go around knocking on doors, in remote areas.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 8:04 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Just a warning about Thanksgiving food. It's generally been my experience that Americans just don't know any better, but they do weird things like mashed potatoes with turkey, instead of roast potatoes. And cranberry sauce with it. Sweet with savory... Bleurgh.

And they do these weird "salads", with pink stuff and marshmallow, and asparagus and bean casseroles. And cornbread. Who the heck wants cornbread.

Basically, they're good at cooking turkeys, but it's generally a B- to a good old British roast/Christmas dinner.

Just my opinion. They just don't know any better. Double so for "biscuits and gravy". That's just tasteless mush.
Nothing ruins a festive occasion like food snobbery and gatekeeping. If you don't like it, nobody's forcing you to eat it.

Just my opinion though, maybe you don't know better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.