halloween?

Old Sep 13th 2006, 5:52 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: halloween?

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
we obviously are so at cross purposes here it's better to leave it
(I know hobby lobby is a christian store)

I've shopped in Hobby Lobby many times (in SD) and had no idea that they were a christian store. Oddly enough I don't recall ever seeing anything in there that would have lead me to believe they were. It just looks like a regular craft store (they're absolutely huge too with tons and tons of stock and selection, really nice).
Old Sep 13th 2006, 6:17 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blaze
I've shopped in Hobby Lobby many times (in SD) and had no idea that they were a christian store. Oddly enough I don't recall ever seeing anything in there that would have lead me to believe they were. It just looks like a regular craft store (they're absolutely huge too with tons and tons of stock and selection, really nice).
my mum had visited a hobby lobby store and never said anything about being a christian store, never knew that till reading this forum. She keeps going on about it, I keep mentioning michaels but no she now only likes Hobby lobby so you are apparently lucky to have one
Old Sep 13th 2006, 6:23 pm

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blaze
You don't have a Michaels or Joanne's (mostly fabrics but do lots of other stuff too) something like that?
yes, I nearly live in the store! But hobby lobby sounds nicer but am always on the lookout for something different and nice.
I so miss xmas stores, nearest decent one here is about 3 and a half hours away and it's not very big.
hubby now is pleased as when we lived in VA he wouldn't go anywhere where he knew there was one as I ended up spending loads of money and all day in one!
Old Sep 13th 2006, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Not sure where they stand on pagan stuff like halloween though.
I bought Halloween decs in there, they had quite a good range. Used a 40% off coupon too... gotta love those coupons.

I think that people (me included) forgot the true meaning of halloween, to me it is just a little fun for kids. However I do celebrate christmas for its true meaning, the birth if Jesus.

Ash

Last edited by Ash UK/US; Sep 13th 2006 at 6:37 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

I keep mentioning michaels but no she now only likes Hobby lobby so you are apparently lucky to have one
I prefer hobby lobby too... they have a much better selection.
Ash
Old Sep 13th 2006, 6:46 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, I nearly live in the store! But hobby lobby sounds nicer but am always on the lookout for something different and nice.
I so miss xmas stores, nearest decent one here is about 3 and a half hours away and it's not very big.
hubby now is pleased as when we lived in VA he wouldn't go anywhere where he knew there was one as I ended up spending loads of money and all day in one!

Hobby Lobby is cheaper I think. My wife usually goes to Michaels for her art supplies, becuase they have better quality stuff.

Maybe my local HL is more overtly christian since its in the heart of Texas?
Old Sep 13th 2006, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US

I think that people (me included) forgot the true meaning of halloween, to me it is just a little fun for kids. However I do celebrate christmas for its true meaning, the birth if Jesus.

Ash
Me too, in the UK it's not offensive to anyone to see the nativity scene don't know what it is here, that in schools' it seems you can't mention it or in some of the stores.
for other holidays religious or otherwise I'm interested in the meaning behind etc and not offended by anything.
so why can't people on the tv, shops etc say merry christmas & happy hanukkah?
one major big thing here I hate is that.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 6:48 pm

Maybe my local HL is more overtly christian since its in the heart of Texas?
don't know but would have thought all stores carried the same thing? FMI what do they sell that is overtly christian?
maybe it's me but I wouldn't class nativity scenes etc as christian just xmas.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 6:49 pm

Me too, in the UK it's not offensive to anyone to see the nativity scene don't know what it is here, that in schools' it seems you can't mention it or in some of the stores.
for other holidays religious or otherwise I'm interested in the meaning behind etc and not offended by anything.

Poeple should have thicker skins. People should be free to celebrate their religion (or not) without problems. If you're in a predominatly christian country, expect to see christian celebrations. Simple, isnt it
Old Sep 13th 2006, 6:50 pm

Poeple should have thicker skins. People should be free to celebrate their religion (or not) without problems. If you're in a predominatly christian country, expect to see christian celebrations. Simple, isnt it
100% agree with you
Old Sep 13th 2006, 6:52 pm

don't know but would have thought all stores carried the same thing? FMI what do they sell that is overtly christian?
maybe it's me but I wouldn't class nativity scenes etc as christian just xmas.
They have lots of crucifix adorned items, sticker sheets for kids full of "jesus loves me" phrases, christian themed games, etc. This is year-round.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 6:54 pm

They have lots of crucifix adorned items, sticker sheets for kids full of "jesus loves me" phrases, christian themed games, etc. This is year-round.
aahhh! thanks for info.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

You are so right.
I am not jewish, would I be offended if someone wished me happy hanukkah? no, infact I would be pleased that someone took the time to include me in their celebration. Same with kwansa [sp?]. Not sure why people are so hyped about being wished well at Christmas.
Wasn't the orignal meaning of holiday- Holy day?

Ash
Old Sep 13th 2006, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Wasn't the orignal meaning of holiday- Holy day?

Ash
I didn't know that gosh you learn something here everyday
Old Sep 13th 2006, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

I didn't know that gosh you learn something here everyday
I am not entirely sure but I do think that I read that some place. I just think that if that is correct that it is ironic that they avoid celebrating a religious day by calling it a holiday (holy day).

Ash

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.