Gun Ownership

Old Jun 30th 2017, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

Smartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gun Ownership

Originally Posted by mrken30
Sorry I misunderstood, I thought it was permitless ccw in Idaho, ie you did not have ccw permits. If you have permits, its the same as everywhere else.
Ah ok I see what you mean now.

In Idaho we don't need permits. You can conceal and carry without one, but that only applies to the State of Idaho.

You are right though. If you want to carry elsewhere then you need a permit providing the state you are visiting recognizes the reciprocal.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I ever actually updated on this but yes I was able to purchase two guns (separate transactions).

For reference I still don't have my GC. The background check wasn't instant either. I went in Monday after work and got a call back Wednesday morning saying I was able to go pick it up.
Old Nov 24th 2017, 10:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BenK91
I don't think I ever actually updated on this but yes I was able to purchase two guns (separate transactions).

For reference I still don't have my GC. The background check wasn't instant either. I went in Monday after work and got a call back Wednesday morning saying I was able to go pick it up.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

I bought my first gun last week.

It's a Walther Creed 9MM semi-automatic pistol. Got it at a gun show and was instantly approved. It came with a lock and a second magazine (15+1) and I have just ordered a speed-loader and holster.

Hopefully, I'll get to shoot it tomorrow (or, I guess technically, today!)
Old Nov 25th 2017, 12:54 pm
Account Closed

nice
Old Nov 25th 2017, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

That’s lovely.

I have a Gen4 Glock 19 which I take down to the range a lot. Great fun.

Thinking about doing a concealed carry class as it doesn’t look you need be a citizen here in Colorado (or even have a green card for that matter!) looks like I just need to provide proof of Colorado residency which is easy enough.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

I had the choice of that or the PPQ, which is virtually identical, but the older model. They were both the same price, so it was a no-brainer!

As a mid-priced, full sized first gun, I think I made the right choice, and after all, albeit the PPK .380, Walther IS the choice of a certain Mr Bond, James Bond .
Old Nov 26th 2017, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Guindalf
Thanks.

I had the choice of that or the PPQ, which is virtually identical, but the older model. They were both the same price, so it was a no-brainer!

As a mid-priced, full sized first gun, I think I made the right choice, and after all, albeit the PPK .380, Walther IS the choice of a certain Mr Bond, James Bond .
Would you mind telling me how much it set you back?

I shot a Gen5 G19 today. Really couldn’t tell the different between that and my G19 apart from the fact there are no finger grooves and the sight is a *little* better.
Old Nov 26th 2017, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I shot a Gen5 G19 today. Really couldn’t tell the different between that and my G19 apart from the fact there are no finger grooves and the sight is a *little* better.
I'd love a Gen5 to easily mount a red dot on. Would be fun for target shooting.
Old Nov 26th 2017, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tom169
I'd love a Gen5 to easily mount a red dot on. Would be fun for target shooting.
I could be wrong but I think you’d have to buy the MOS for that, at least you do with the Gen4. Guy that the range I go to has a Gen4 MOS fully loaded with optics!

It was nice to shoot, felt a little weird without the finger grooves though. I shot it side by side with Gen4 and I really couldn’t tell much difference although I’m sure someone with more experience than me could notice maybe!
Old Nov 26th 2017, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I could be wrong but I think you’d have to buy the MOS for that, at least you do with the Gen4. Guy that the range I go to has a Gen4 MOS fully loaded with optics!

It was nice to shoot, felt a little weird without the finger grooves though. I shot it side by side with Gen4 and I really couldn’t tell much difference although I’m sure someone with more experience than me could notice maybe!
Ah yes, has to be a MOS.
Old Nov 26th 2017, 1:51 am
Account Closed

That’s lovely.

I have a Gen4 Glock 19 which I take down to the range a lot. Great fun.

Thinking about doing a concealed carry class as it doesn’t look you need be a citizen here in Colorado (or even have a green card for that matter!) looks like I just need to provide proof of Colorado residency which is easy enough.
Think anybody can do it, unless you want the CCP he course is just a course.
Old Nov 26th 2017, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Boiler
Think anybody can do it, unless you want the CCP he course is just a course.
NC used to require citizenship. That was until a lawsuit from an Australian female LPR challenging the violation of her 2nd amendment. It now requires a green card here.
Old Nov 26th 2017, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

I got it at a gun show and they swallowed the tax, so I Paid $350 out the door.
Old Nov 26th 2017, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

DebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond reputeDebzinUS has a reputation beyond repute

I switched a 43 for the 19 Gen5 a couple of months ago. My hands are smaller so not having the finger grooves helps with my grip. The Gen5 has an ambidextrous slide stop, so my leftie son can use efficiently.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.