Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

A guide to the world cup for our American friends

A guide to the world cup for our American friends

Old Jun 4th 2010, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Family_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of light
Default A guide to the world cup for our American friends

http://theunlikelyfan.blogspot.com/2...te-and-im.html
Old Jun 4th 2010, 5:18 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A guide to the world cup for our American friends

I have a much simpler guide...

Watch the US vs England opener..watch the US lose (I will feign sorrow for the missus)...

Then they can go back to doing other things
Old Jun 4th 2010, 5:23 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

wow...I actually looked at it..pretty darn good...
Old Jun 4th 2010, 5:32 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

That is quite a good way of puting it into perspective for those who think it is soccer.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

The Portugal comparison was spot on and made me giggle but then again I am a Chiefs fan.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 5:22 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

It occurs to me that that page might come in handy for use the other way around, to fit US teams into a frame of reference that I understand...
Old Jun 5th 2010, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Soccer Ref will become famous soon enough

Most of the people I work with are having pool parties or cook-outs and not even aware that the match is on. They keep inviting me to functions, and can't believe that I am going nowhere that afternoon other than in front of the TV wearing my England shirt. The dog will be draped in the England flag too, although he doesn't know it yet!!
Old Jun 5th 2010, 12:39 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Soccer Ref
Most of the people I work with are having pool parties or cook-outs and not even aware that the match is on. They keep inviting me to functions, and can't believe that I am going nowhere that afternoon other than in front of the TV wearing my England shirt. The dog will be draped in the England flag too, although he doesn't know it yet!!
why don't you go to said function? but on condition you sit in front of their TV for 90 mins.

you'll be joined by the curious and might even get to educate a few peeps.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 1:04 pm
Not around much..

Originally Posted by Soccer Ref
I hope the doggy is a bulldog!
Old Jun 5th 2010, 1:05 pm
Not around much..

Originally Posted by Manc
why don't you go to said function? but on condition you sit in front of their TV for 90 mins.

you'll be joined by the curious and might even get to educate a few peeps.
And you will get free food out of it and save on yer own electric bill...
Old Jun 5th 2010, 1:05 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SDDep
And you will get free food out of it and save on yer own electric bill...
bonus
Old Jun 5th 2010, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light

That was excellent read and a good chuckle too.
Will link it on my facebook so my US acquaintances can see it.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 6:08 pm
Not around much..

Originally Posted by mayhemuk
That was excellent read and a good chuckle too.
Will link it on my facebook so my US acquaintances can see it.
Good thinking...I will too...
Old Jun 13th 2010, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

EnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud of

hmm, was going to link to it but am so sick of hearing negative crap about England here that I don't need to give them ammunition! (How the hell do you KNOW English food is horrible if you've NEVER LEFT YOUR OWN STATE, people??!)

Ruth
Old Jun 13th 2010, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Oregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond reputeOregon4now has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SDDep
I have a much simpler guide...

Watch the US vs England opener..watch the US lose (I will feign sorrow for the missus)...

Then they can go back to doing other things
Uhmmm, would you like some Sauce to go with your plate of Crow ?
We do offer hospitality ya know...lol JK
Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.