Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

With the good comes the bad....

With the good comes the bad....

Old Mar 15th 2008, 6:12 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute
Default With the good comes the bad....

Well, I think I spoke a bit too soon. Among all my excitement about getting stuff done, my nan passed away a couple of days ago. I only saw her the Sunday after I got back. She was 80 and her heart gave out. Luckily, she went in her sleep and she looked so peaceful when we went to view her yesterday. The priest at her church suggested that we have her funeral during Holy week, as the flowers from Easter will still be there. I never thought she'd ever go. She was always so funny and seemingly full of life and not one person in our family saw this coming. She was meant to go to Ireland at the end of this month for a holiday. Got my family reunion but I wish to God it wasn't under those circumstances.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: With the good comes the bad....

Originally Posted by katesbackagain
Well, I think I spoke a bit too soon. Among all my excitement about getting stuff done, my nan passed away a couple of days ago. I only saw her the Sunday after I got back. She was 80 and her heart gave out. Luckily, she went in her sleep and she looked so peaceful when we went to view her yesterday. The priest at her church suggested that we have her funeral during Holy week, as the flowers from Easter will still be there. I never thought she'd ever go. She was always so funny and seemingly full of life and not one person in our family saw this coming. She was meant to go to Ireland at the end of this month for a holiday. Got my family reunion but I wish to God it wasn't under those circumstances.
Oh Kate I'm so sorry to hear that she sounds like a really special lady. My Granny passed away almost 6 years she had lived with us since I was 6 years old so she was really like a second mother. I was here in Toronto when she died working in a bar and couldn't afford the flight home. Each time I've been home since I still expect to see her sitting by the fire in the front room.

I have no wise word just wanted to send a hug.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 6:49 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katesbackagain
At least you got to see her one last time. My prayers are with you.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Twigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud of

Kate, so sorry to hear your news. You will always be glad you made that decision to go home at the time you did, it was meant to be. Thought and prayers with you and your family.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Kate, so sorry to hear about your Nan. She would have been pleased to see you no doubt too!
Old Mar 15th 2008, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Kate, so sorry to hear about your nan. To see her again before she passed would have meant the world to her. Another reason you moved back when you did. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 10:46 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

My condolences Kate. A sad time for all of you, but as others have said, take some solace in the fact she got to see you before she passed away.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

MademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh, kate, my heart goes out to you. Losing someone you love is hard on one's heart. I am happy that you have family and friends around to support you right now. Hugs to you.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:34 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm so sorry to hear your news Kate. My thoughts are with you xx
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:48 am
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like she lived a rich life and was much loved. I know you'll miss her. So glad you got to see her one last time. Stay strong.

Sarah
Old Mar 16th 2008, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Kate,
Alot of us on here will know your pain, grandparents touch our lives in ways that no-one can ever live up too. Enjoy your memories Kate.
S xx
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute

Kate.

So sorry to hear your news. Hopefully it's some comfort knowing that you saw her again and had a chance to say goodbye.

Tara
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:56 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear you are having to go through this so soon after returning. I hope you can find comfort that you saw your gran before she passed away.

d.r.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your sad news xxxx
Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Kate, I am so sorry to hear this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.