Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Going to be a hot night in Ferguson

Going to be a hot night in Ferguson

Old Dec 17th 2014, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going to be a hot night in Ferguson

Originally Posted by Boiler
She is a nut job. Nuff said.
Yeh, I agree. There was an article in the Washington Post immediately after the grand jury testimony was released about this "witness's" testimony. It's hard to believe that the grand jury did anything but bin it, let alone have it have any influence on their discussions. The only question I have is why did the prosecutor even bother to give the grand jury her testimony? I guess he didn't want to leave himself open to any suggestion of bias, so just dumped literally everything on the grand jury's lap.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Dec 17th 2014 at 3:53 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 4:04 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going to be a hot night in Ferguson

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
..... The only question I have is why did the prosecutor even bother to give the grand jury her testimony? I guess he didn't want to leave himself open to any suggestion of bias, so just dumped literally everything on the grand jury's lap.
That's pretty much how GJs work - the DA wants to wash his hands of the decision to prosecute or drop any case which is tenuous and/or contentious, so dumps everything in the laps of the grand jurors and leaves it up to them to decide. Any case for which the basis is more clear cut is usually taken to a preliminary hearing before a judge.