Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Going to be a hot night in Ferguson

Going to be a hot night in Ferguson

Old Dec 14th 2014, 12:36 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going to be a hot night in Ferguson

Originally Posted by Leslie
Since you're fact checking me, why didn't you "research" my earlier question about witness 40? .....
I responded to the last question I am aware that you asked of me, albeit several pages later. I don't have time to read everything in this thread, nor check it every day. I am not aware of anyone known as "witness 40".
Old Dec 14th 2014, 12:43 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I responded to the last question I am aware that you asked of me, albeit several pages later. I don't have time to read everything in this thread, nor check it every day. I am not aware of anyone known as "witness 40".
Oh please. You don't have time? Your posting habits tell another story.

Feel free to do some "Google Research" on witness 40. When you get the time, of course.

I'll wait right here.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 12:48 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
I guess how he was holding the weapon is not really relevant. The point is he should not have been instigating violence which put him in the situation of being called out as a cop and he should not have escalated the situation by drawing his weapon. What was he going to do, shoot his way out?
This is the thing. There can be two things true at one time.

Truth #1 - Police work is an honorable and often thankless career. There are lots of good people who go into law enforcement and do great things for their community.

Truth #2 - There are some bad cops that do bad things. They went into police work for the wrong reason and are a danger to themselves and everybody around them. Even other cops hate these guys.

Rather than listening to cop groupies on BE, why don't we hear what the police themselves have to say:

Why are we pretending there's no culpability on our side here?

Of course, the voice of reason on that forum got pilloried and called a troll so I'm sure that's what Pulaski and UncleBob will focus on.

Last edited by Leslie; Dec 14th 2014 at 12:54 pm.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 1:08 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Oh please. You don't have time? Your posting habits tell another story. ....
I choose not to spend much time in this thread, I don't find it that interesting. Where is your question about witness 40? I am not going to scroll through 60+ pages to find it.

ETA Witness 40 appears to be a misguided fruit loop. One swallow does not make a summer and one witness is not critical to the overall picture of what happened in Ferguson, MO

Last edited by Pulaski; Dec 14th 2014 at 1:12 pm.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 1:18 pm
WTF?

I choose not to spend much time in this thread, I don't find it that interesting. Where is your question about witness 40? I am not going to scroll through 60+ pages to find it.

ETA Witness 40 appears to be a misguided fruit loop. One swallow does not make a summer and one witness is not critical to the overall picture of what happened in Ferguson, MO
Okay, then at least now we'll see an end to the claims/references about Michael Brown "charging" at officer Wilson. That's something.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

like a broken record.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 4:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
Assuming the police are even using sights. How many times have I read or heard of 2 or more officers fire 15-20 rounds, suspect hit twice.
Using your weaker hand gangsta style. Be lucky to hit anything!
Old Dec 14th 2014, 5:20 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
like a broken record.
I know! You're obviously too outraged, as you should be, to articulate how upset you are that witness #40 lied.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 5:30 pm
Account Closed

Seems most of them did. The most obvious one that matters was his buddy.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 5:47 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Boiler
Seems most of them did. The most obvious one that matters was his buddy.
Actually, no. Most of them had very similar accounts. There was a scuffle in the car and Brown got shot.

I read an article a few days ago, and now I can't find it, maybe somebody else saw it and can remember the source. Basically, the reporter reexamined all of the witness testimony and lined them up more chronologically and certain aspects were consistent throughout the thread of testimonies.

The outliers were the ones that (a) claimed that Brown had his hands raised in complete surrender, or (b) Claimed that Brown was charging at Wilson like a mad man after the initial shot. The truth lies somewhere inbetween.

It was likely a justifiable shoot. At least the initial shot(s) were justified. The ones that happened during the scuffle, at the car. But then Brown was shot many more times when he was trying to escape. One of those shots being the head shot.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 6:06 pm

Actually, no. Most of them had very similar accounts. There was a scuffle in the car and Brown got shot.

I read an article a few days ago, and now I can't find it, maybe somebody else saw it and can remember the source. Basically, the reporter reexamined all of the witness testimony and lined them up more chronologically and certain aspects were consistent throughout the thread of testimonies.

The outliers were the ones that (a) claimed that Brown had his hands raised in complete surrender, or (b) Claimed that Brown was charging at Wilson like a mad man after the initial shot. The truth lies somewhere inbetween.

It was likely a justifiable shoot. At least the initial shot(s) were justified. The ones that happened during the scuffle, at the car. But then Brown was shot many more times when he was trying to escape. One of those shots being the head shot.
The NY times report on the autopsy says six shots, all from the front, all apparently from far enough away to not leave gunpowder on Brown's skin. I don't see any therefore happening during a scuffle, nor any as he was trying to flee, given that the final fatal shot had an entry in the top of his head. ..... Unless he was trying to flee while bent forward but running backwards.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 6:16 pm
WTF?

The NY times report on the autopsy says six shots, all from the front, all apparently from far enough away to not leave gunpowder on Brown's skin. I don't see any therefore happening during a scuffle, nor any as he was trying to flee, given that the final fatal shot had an entry in the top of his head. ..... Unless he was trying to flee while bent forward but running backwards.
Apparently, and it isn't that hard to believe, Brown was trying to run away and Wilson pursued him. And at some point he turned back around and faced Wilson. The witnesses are consistent with that.

You can't say with any certainty what exactly was going on because both bodies (Brown and Wilson) were in constant motion. The forensics show where the bullets entered, nothing more. They do not show exactly where Brown or Wilson were positioned at the time of each individual shot. Experts can give different theories but this isn't an episode of CSI, this is real life.

But, you don't find this thread very interesting and don't have time do any Google research, right?

Last edited by Leslie; Dec 14th 2014 at 6:19 pm.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 6:20 pm
Account Closed

Apparently, and it isn't that hard to believe, Brown was trying to run away and Wilson pursued him. And at some point he turned back around and faced Wilson. The witnesses are consistent with that.

You can't say with any certainty what exactly was going on because both bodies (Brown and Wilson) were in constant motion. The forensics show where the bullets entered, nothing more. They do not show exactly where Brown or Wilson were positioned at the time of each individual shot. Experts can give different theories but this isn't an episode of CSI, this is real life.

But, you don't find this thread very interesting and don't have time do any Google research, right?
With his hands up.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 6:30 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Boiler
With his hands up.
I didn't say that. In my post (#925) I was trying to say in particular that this wasn't likely to be true. Was I unclear?
Old Dec 14th 2014, 10:38 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

You can't say with any certainty what exactly was going on
Neither can you

The truth lies somewhere inbetween.
You have no absolutely no proof of where the truth is exactly so stop preaching.

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I know what you mean, but if you let things like that irk you you'll get high blood pressure.
Some advice from a friend maybe?

Last edited by Uncle_Bob; Dec 14th 2014 at 11:18 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.