Gizza Job

Old Jun 11th 2020, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

sid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gizza Job

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Downside to instacart is a lot of deliveries are to high rises without any parking requiring quite the walk sometimes.

Seems to also be fewer and fewer batches each day. But maybe its cause we are new. Only 8 reviews in total all 5s though.

Maybe its losing popularity now that things are returning more to normal.

If our car was bigger I would be interested in trying Amazon flex but we have a sub compact and they require an intermediate sedan or bigger.
I imagine carting a few 40-pack bottles of water up to high-rise apartments is not much fun. That's if you can load them in the back seat in the first place.

Does this mean your car is back on the road?

Old Jun 11th 2020, 1:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sid nv
I imagine carting a few 40-pack bottles of water up to high-rise apartments is not much fun. That's if you can load them in the back seat in the first place.

Does this mean your car is back on the road?
No. Just been looking at the app during the day and noticed there have been less, but then come to think of it could be because we haven't done it in a week almost. No idea how the tech side of that app works and how they decide which batches you see, some make no sense for us, like why do they think someone is going to drive from Vancouver to Maple Ridge to do a $15 order? It's about an hour drive, but again no idea how they pick who sees what batches.

Also really not many stores on their platform in Vancouver area, Wal-Mart, Loblaws owned banners (Super Store, Shoppers Drug Mart, Independent, Loblaws, T&T) and Staples, I'd say about 90% of the batches offered to us were at Super Store or Wal-Mart with the rest being made up of T&T, Staples and Shoppers.

I did realize we were tipping instacart drivers way more than most seem to, when we used the service as a customer back in March, we were tipping like $10....lol
Old Jun 11th 2020, 6:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Today was the first day Instacart went back to their old method of batches, so far in the 3 hours I have been watching the app today, we have had 0 batches offered, during the COVID policy there were always some in our area available.

But did provide 2 weeks of some money to buy food, so its not a total loss, just doesn't seem viable going forward once the car is fixed next week.

Still no batches offered today.

How do new people build ratings if its so hard to even get a batch?

Damn not having a car big enough for Amazon. Lol

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jun 11th 2020 at 8:00 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2020, 12:29 am
Account Closed

8 1/2 hours into the day today and not one batch offered. How do new people get batches they need to get the scores they need to get batches?

I preferred the method they were using during COVID whoever is faster as clicking accept gets it..ha ha

First day ever there has been 0 batches all day long.
Old Jun 12th 2020, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

sid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond repute

Today was the first day Instacart went back to their old method of batches, so far in the 3 hours I have been watching the app today, we have had 0 batches offered, during the COVID policy there were always some in our area available.

But did provide 2 weeks of some money to buy food, so its not a total loss, just doesn't seem viable going forward once the car is fixed next week.

Still no batches offered today.

How do new people build ratings if its so hard to even get a batch?

Damn not having a car big enough for Amazon. Lol
There was a big spike in demand from the food delivery companies that started towards the end of April, so it seemed to be Covid-19 related. At one point Grubhub were offering an extra $50 bonus for working 5pm to 8pm Friday and Saturday nights, as I recall you just had to work 3 hours and accept 50% of job offers to get the bonus.
I would say demand is still higher now than it was before Covid-19 kicked off.

Just took a look to see if Grubhub operate in Vancouver, and it seems they do. The Heathen Brewing Feral Public House in Washington St is featured, sounds like my sort of establishment. Not sure what to make of the Beer Cheese Soup though.

Old Jun 12th 2020, 3:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sid nv
There was a big spike in demand from the food delivery companies that started towards the end of April, so it seemed to be Covid-19 related. At one point Grubhub were offering an extra $50 bonus for working 5pm to 8pm Friday and Saturday nights, as I recall you just had to work 3 hours and accept 50% of job offers to get the bonus.
I would say demand is still higher now than it was before Covid-19 kicked off.

Just took a look to see if Grubhub operate in Vancouver, and it seems they do. The Heathen Brewing Feral Public House in Washington St is featured, sounds like my sort of establishment. Not sure what to make of the Beer Cheese Soup though.

I think we have the Vancouver's mixed up, google tells me that is in Vancouver, WA, I am actually in the Vancouver further north, the bigger foreign one...

But we have many of the same apps here, not sure if grub hub is but we have door dash, uber eats, skip the dishes I know, never used any of them though, Amazon flex too, they pay a flat rate of $69 for a block ((about $50 US$) and claim it only takes 3 hours, but some of these apps seem to forget about traffic...ha ha, we don't have the level of freeways most US city's have, to get one from part of the city to the other is stop and go traffic, can take 20 minutes or more to go 5 miles at times.

Amazon currently has tons of blocks each day, but our car is too small, when I signed up totally forgot about the car being small part..ha ha, midsize or bigger is required.
Old Jun 12th 2020, 3:03 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't it be worth keeping on with it, even though there are no deliveries available right now? I reckon it sounds perfect for you because you're mostly at home anyway, so wouldn't need to cancel anything important to take a job quickly. Even a few extra dollars to buy groceries helps a lot.
Old Jun 12th 2020, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

I think we have the Vancouver's mixed up, google tells me that is in Vancouver, WA, I am actually in the Vancouver further north, the bigger foreign one...

But we have many of the same apps here, not sure if grub hub is but we have door dash, uber eats, skip the dishes I know, never used any of them though, Amazon flex too, they pay a flat rate of $69 for a block ((about $50 US$) and claim it only takes 3 hours, but some of these apps seem to forget about traffic...ha ha, we don't have the level of freeways most US city's have, to get one from part of the city to the other is stop and go traffic, can take 20 minutes or more to go 5 miles at times.

Amazon currently has tons of blocks each day, but our car is too small, when I signed up totally forgot about the car being small part..ha ha, midsize or bigger is required.
Oops it seems there is more than one Vancouver. Still, I am now better informed about the activities of Captain George Vancouver.

Old Jun 12th 2020, 5:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Wouldn't it be worth keeping on with it, even though there are no deliveries available right now? I reckon it sounds perfect for you because you're mostly at home anyway, so wouldn't need to cancel anything important to take a job quickly. Even a few extra dollars to buy groceries helps a lot.
I keep the app on, car isn't done yet, but once its done, if something pops up in an area we can do we would still do it.

Just noticed that today there was no batches at any point available today when the previous normal policy kicked back in. Not quitting it, just can't do anything if the batches stay 0 all day...lol

The first 2 weeks we could easily get in 3-4 a day, but now they seem more selective I guess in who gets access? Not completely sure how they decide or the metrics used, we don't have enough time in to have much metrics, 8 reviews all 5 star.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jun 12th 2020 at 5:05 am.
Old Jun 12th 2020, 5:43 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I keep the app on, car isn't done yet, but once its done, if something pops up in an area we can do we would still do it.

Just noticed that today there was no batches at any point available today when the previous normal policy kicked back in. Not quitting it, just can't do anything if the batches stay 0 all day...lol

The first 2 weeks we could easily get in 3-4 a day, but now they seem more selective I guess in who gets access? Not completely sure how they decide or the metrics used, we don't have enough time in to have much metrics, 8 reviews all 5 star.
I hope it picks up and you're able to do some more deliveries when the car's fixed. Congratulations on 100% of your customers giving you a 5 star rating!
Old Jun 12th 2020, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

The first 2 weeks we could easily get in 3-4 a day, but now they seem more selective I guess in who gets access?.
If only you were doing Amazon deliveries around here (and if one could choose one's delivery person...you and your wife would be my go to guys.....since covid kicked in, kicked us, at the end of March we've had 17 food deliveries. Awaiting 18th this morning.
Hope things turn around for you. Turvy topsy = costly
Old Jun 13th 2020, 1:37 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hopefully not being able to get work will not hold you back from trying to rebuild your life...

A fundraiser for one of our own who needs our help. You can read J’s story here...

https://britishexpats.com/forum/mapl...919043/page36/

https://www.gofundme.com/f/moving-to...=copy_link-tip
Good on you for spreading the word JG. For anyone who doesn't know JSmith, he has and continues to face significant barriers but despite that he never gives up. Not everyone is able to donate, but if those who are able to contribute do, they'll be making a huge and positive difference to JSmith and his wife's future.
Old Jun 13th 2020, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjmb
daughter lost her job last week. 25% of her state agency were dismissed. As she worked for the agency tthat regulates the utilities in Texas, expect water quality to go down and less regulation on the gas lines. She was devastated obviously as she has work there since she left university but she was unhappy there which has effected her health badly. Her daughter is up in NM at the moment with her Dad, so she is going up there for a while as she figures out her next step.

Update on my daughter's situation. This week she was denied her unemployment as according to them she is still on the payroll! To say she feels she has been kicked in the teeth, yet again, is understatement. No money and no health insurance. Her ADHD med which was covered by health insurance, is $400 a month and although there is a coupon available to reduce the cost (my son uses it) it can only be used in conjunction with health insurance! It has been a terrible year for her. She filed a complaint of sexual discrimination and bullying at work just before Christmas. She was one of the longest serving officials in her department but was the lowest paid. Everyone else, including 2 guys she had mentored and only been there for a few years, were all being paid more than her. They were all men. Her boss was constantly harassing her and passing off my daughter's work as hers. Both complaints were dismissed. She was temporarily moved to a department that she had no experience with and then moved back to the department with her old boss still in charge. Now this! The only consolation she has, is that her boss was demoted based on her past record at the same time as Elisabeth was lay off. She had been actively looking for work but unsurprisingly, not lot of scope for' "A public drinking water specialist with experience in investigation, enforcement and compliance assistance" I am really worried about her mental health at the moment to be honest.
Old Jun 13th 2020, 4:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjmb
Update on my daughter's situation. This week she was denied her unemployment as according to them she is still on the payroll! To say she feels she has been kicked in the teeth, yet again, is understatement. No money and no health insurance. Her ADHD med which was covered by health insurance, is $400 a month and although there is a coupon available to reduce the cost (my son uses it) it can only be used in conjunction with health insurance! It has been a terrible year for her. She filed a complaint of sexual discrimination and bullying at work just before Christmas. She was one of the longest serving officials in her department but was the lowest paid. Everyone else, including 2 guys she had mentored and only been there for a few years, were all being paid more than her. They were all men. Her boss was constantly harassing her and passing off my daughter's work as hers. Both complaints were dismissed. She was temporarily moved to a department that she had no experience with and then moved back to the department with her old boss still in charge. Now this! The only consolation she has, is that her boss was demoted based on her past record at the same time as Elisabeth was lay off. She had been actively looking for work but unsurprisingly, not lot of scope for' "A public drinking water specialist with experience in investigation, enforcement and compliance assistance" I am really worried about her mental health at the moment to be honest.
Has she applied to TCEQ? They tend to hire their investigators/ compliance officers as contractors so not sure about benefits but it seems they are always hiring.

As for her medicine has she checked Good Rx for a better price?
Hope something comes her way soon.
Old Jun 13th 2020, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Has she applied to TCEQ? They tend to hire their investigators/ compliance officers as contractors so not sure about benefits but it seems they are always hiring.

As for her medicine has she checked Good Rx for a better price?
Hope something comes her way soon.
She worked for TCEQ in Houston and Austin for several years before transferring to PUC. There is a hiring freeze on for most State jobs at the moment and given her treatment, she is not keen to work for the State again. She has worked for the State since she was an undergraduate at Texas State and has near perfect performance scores on all her yearly reviews. Only one 4 (highest 5) and all the rest 5 in all the time she has worked for them. I really think it was the complaints that she made in December that made her a target.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.