Gizza Job

Old Sep 11th 2019, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

sid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gizza Job

California Assembly Bill 5 (AB 5), which aims to treat gig workers such as Uber drivers as employees, has been passed. A statement from Pulaski (no relation I assume):

California Labor Union chief officer Art Pulaski wrote in a Wednesday blog post. "AB 5 is a powerful counter to the corporate greed and rampant exploitation that's driving inequality across our state in emerging and traditional industries, alike."
Opinions among drivers in the food delivery reddit that I follow are divided, with many drivers saying they prefer to be their "own boss". Anyway, it looks like changes for Uber etc, in CA at least.
Old Oct 8th 2019, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

sid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond repute

Following the work environment du jour, I am trying to piece together an income from multiple part-time jobs, two of which are courier for food delivery companies. Yesterday lunchtime I received an offer to deliver a food order which was small but close to where I live, so I accepted the order and set off to the local Mexican market/eatery to pick up 6 Tacos. The delivery address was along the lines of 5320 E. Extent St, #109. I know from experience that an adress like this will be a large apartment complex. These addresses are difficult to locate as there are usually multiple unnumbered buildings, and when I finally locate the building the apartment is invariably the furthest away.

I park the car at the approximate location, this is the first time I have been to this particular complex, and it is as squalid as they come. Some of the windows are a patchwork of boarding-up materials. I am not too worried about being bitten by dogs here, because the dogs at these sort of places are too weak with hunger to attack. I am standing visually scanning the buildings looking for numbers in the midday glare, when a door opens and a slim bloke emerges to declare that he will meet me half-way to save me walking the distance. This in itself is unusual, as most of my customers are either too fat to walk anywhere, or too frightened to open their own front door. I hand over the Tacos and am walking back to the car with the empty food courier bag, when it dawns on me I have just been addressed by a plummy Oxbridge accent. It has been so long since I heard an accent like this, it did not sink in until afterwards. Now I am intrigued: what is this guy's story? Or even have I just been conned by this British guy who spotted me standing there with the red food delivery bag, and pretended to be the customer to get some free food before I had a chance to verify the correct address?

Old Oct 8th 2019, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sid nv
Following the work environment du jour, I am trying to piece together an income from multiple part-time jobs, two of which are courier for food delivery companies. Yesterday lunchtime I received an offer to deliver a food order which was small but close to where I live, so I accepted the order and set off to the local Mexican market/eatery to pick up 6 Tacos. The delivery address was along the lines of 5320 E. Extent St, #109. I know from experience that an adress like this will be a large apartment complex. These addresses are difficult to locate as there are usually multiple unnumbered buildings, and when I finally locate the building the apartment is invariably the furthest away.

I park the car at the approximate location, this is the first time I have been to this particular complex, and it is as squalid as they come. Some of the windows are a patchwork of boarding-up materials. I am not too worried about being bitten by dogs here, because the dogs at these sort of places are too weak with hunger to attack. I am standing visually scanning the buildings looking for numbers in the midday glare, when a door opens and a slim bloke emerges to declare that he will meet me half-way to save me walking the distance. This in itself is unusual, as most of my customers are either too fat to walk anywhere, or too frightened to open their own front door. I hand over the Tacos and am walking back to the car with the empty food courier bag, when it dawns on me I have just been addressed by a plummy Oxbridge accent. It has been so long since I heard an accent like this, it did not sink in until afterwards. Now I am intrigued: what is this guy's story? Or even have I just been conned by this British guy who spotted me standing there with the red food delivery bag, and pretended to be the customer to get some free food before I had a chance to verify the correct address?
That's a fun story! I'm glad you keep sharing these. Make up an excuse to call him back ...
Old Oct 9th 2019, 2:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

We don't have Uber yet or Lyft or such, possibly soon though, but the government has made it a pain with requiring a commercial class 4 and other hurdles that not easy to just do in spare time.....

Considering doing one of the food apps though for a few hours during evening peak times to see if it can bring in a bit of money.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

jeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond repute

What is this guy's story? Probably an illegal hiding out from the Feds.

Old Oct 9th 2019, 3:05 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeepster
Probably an illegal hiding out from the Feds.
Er, no. He's someone who's trying as hard as he can to earn a living by taking multiple jobs and working his arse off. I think he's a legend.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 3:11 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Well Sid, you can't say life's boring Did you find out if you were conned by the posh sounding bloke?
Old Oct 9th 2019, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

jeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Er, no. He's someone who's trying as hard as he can to earn a living by taking multiple jobs and working his arse off. I think he's a legend.
You need to read what Sid NV wrote. And then my response will make perfect sense, i.e., if you haven't been drinking.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

What is this guy's story? Probably an illegal hiding out from the Feds.
Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I think you are at cross purposes. 'what is this guy's story' is a question about the British-sounding guy who ordered the food. 'He's someone who's trying as hard as he can ...' is referring to the poster on this thread.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 11:28 am
Concierge

You need to read what Sid NV wrote. And then my response will make perfect sense, i.e., if you haven't been drinking.
Ooops, sorry
Old Oct 9th 2019, 11:29 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I think you are at cross purposes. 'what is this guy's story' is a question about the British-sounding guy who ordered the food. 'He's someone who's trying as hard as he can ...' is referring to the poster on this thread.
Thanks
Old Oct 9th 2019, 11:38 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

The thread is too long to read all of it, but have you tried Home Depot?
Old Oct 9th 2019, 12:40 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

So what happened? Don't leave us hanging like this!
Old Oct 9th 2019, 12:43 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
So what happened? Don't leave us hanging like this!
He's being held captive by the posh British bloke, who's really an MI6 operative on a mission to discover why tacos are so popular in the US.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
We don't have Uber yet or Lyft or such, possibly soon though, but the government has made it a pain with requiring a commercial class 4 and other hurdles that not easy to just do in spare time.....

Considering doing one of the food apps though for a few hours during evening peak times to see if it can bring in a bit of money.
Hi JSmith,

I have a job of a type that might suit you, although in my case the employer operates all over the US, but not in Canada.

The work involves visiting supermarkets armed with a barcode scanner and data collection device, and scanning products that the supermarket is promoting in any particular week. There is no supervision, no pressure, some flexibility in the hours to be worked, and the hourly pay rate is OK for unskilled work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.