Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Girls weekend away... question.

Girls weekend away... question.

Old May 6th 2009, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Girls weekend away... question.

Just wanted to add that I find it better to stay in the middle of strip if you can.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DX%26um%3D1

Attached details what is where.
Old May 6th 2009, 9:23 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vicky88
I've never been to the buffet there before as I am not a big buffet person. I think years ago they used to be a real bargain but not so much anymore. I don't like buffets because I find myself becoming greedy and wasteful, something which I am always quick to criticise others for.
A colleague was in Vegas last week, she loves buffets, but said she was disappointed this time as the choice wasn't as good as it used to be (she commented on Ceasers inparticular). Interestingly, she is from the Phillipines and said if you leave anything on your plate at a buffet there you have to pay double for being wasteful.
Old May 6th 2009, 9:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh I have been in July before and have to agree with the comments on the temperature. I didn't want to step foot outside for fear of melting.

I think going from the Bellagio to Paris will be easy as they are virtually across from each other. There is a cross walk from the Bellagio to the other side and the Paris should be a short stroll from there. I've never been to the buffet there before as I am not a big buffet person. I think years ago they used to be a real bargain but not so much anymore. I don't like buffets because I find myself becoming greedy and wasteful, something which I am always quick to criticise others for.

I found it quite pleasurable to walk there at night once the sun and set and the burning of the sun went away. However, be prepared for the crowds and make sure you stay hydrated.

Have to agree on the buffets, they used to be pretty cheap and cheerful. If we were chosing the venue, I would go for a 'proper' restaurant, but it is their treat, so beggars can't be chosers
We will have a couple of days there by ourselves after the first night, so we will probably do the restaurant thing then, I am looking forward to trying a few of the 'nicer' ones. We are also going to be doing a few day trips, hoover dam and hoping to do a lake mead boat tour
Old May 6th 2009, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

limeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud of

No-one mentioned the Mandalay Bay ... I like their pool area .. it has a wave machine ... great for just floating around.

I agree with comments on Excalibar and CC .. both very shabby now and a bit run down. Luxor is nice especially if you get one of the pyramid rooms with the sloping windows!
Old May 6th 2009, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

I've stayed in the Luxor, nice rooms and their fish restaurant was really good, stayed in the Bellagio, really liked it, great service and the buffet was reasonably priced and I thought a good selection of food, also stayed in what is now "Hooters" ......... least said soonest mended .............. no but it wasn't Hooters then and was cheap but perfectly acceptable, clean, but didn't eat there.

Make sure you take very very comfy walking shoes, like everyone says given the scale things appear a lot closer than they are.
Old May 6th 2009, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

Stayed at the Luxor about 4 years ago. The room was great, the buffet so-so.

One 'feature' it did have was loads of chavvy Brits by the pool, with crappy West Ham Tattoos looking like lobsters from being out in the sun too long.
Old May 7th 2009, 12:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
A group of us are planning a girls weekend away to Vegas, I have never been before. We, or should I say I as it seems I am the one thats doing the research on flights deals etc, are looking at New York New York, Luxor and Exalibur. Anyone stayed at any of those hotels? Any other recommendations? Someone else suggested Circus Circus... that one does not really appeal.
I wouldn't stay at any of those hotels. My choice would be Bellagio for locaton...it's located pretty central on The Strip. Paris looks OK but I haven't stayed there. The Venetian was quite nice when it opened but don't now how it rates now...same with The Mirage.
Old May 7th 2009, 12:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I wouldn't stay at any of those hotels. My choice would be Bellagio for locaton...it's located pretty central on The Strip. Paris looks OK but I haven't stayed there. The Venetian was quite nice when it opened but don't now how it rates now...same with The Mirage.
I'm getting so excited about my trip to Vegas now, only 19 days!! Starting to think that MIL was pretty smart getting us to stay at the Bellagio too!

Guess I should be more excited about hubby getting home, only 14 days for that

I seem to have hyjacked this thread...apologies to OP
Old May 7th 2009, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Bellagio is good - however make sure you have a room overlooking the fountain or at least a partial view. When I went last year, because they were taking forever to get our room ready, they offered me a discount and a room at the back of the hotel. Room was fitted out the same, however it had a wonderful view of the I-15 which totally took away from the mood of the stay. Needless to say I trooped back to reception and told them I wanted what I had booked.
Old May 7th 2009, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

BrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Englishtart;7547343] I'm not expecting too much heat by the end of this month QUOTE]

It's going to hit the triple digits here today, so they say, lowest temp downtown for this morning was 74 degrees.

I have friends coming out here in August adn they're booked into Circus Circus. Now I'm wary to tell them everyone thinks it's a dump, however, they probably don't care because they just plan on sleeping there, and partying elsewhere, and I think they got their rooms at $35 bucks a night! At least I don't haveto worry about it, my room is lovely

Ash, I hope that you have a lovely time for your girlie weekend here, and Englistart, it sounds like you've got it all planned out already, so I'm sure you'll be having fun with your hubby
Old May 7th 2009, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BrandonBrit
It's going to hit the triple digits here today, so they say, lowest temp downtown for this morning was 74 degrees.

Englistart, it sounds like you've got it all planned out already, so I'm sure you'll be having fun with your hubby

Thanx hon wow! triple digits already! I hope it's a little cooler than that for our trip

I think we are pretty much ready, we have a hire car set up too, so we shouldn't have too much trouble getting around, I heard there was a really interesting memorial close by? do you know what/where it is? thanx
Old May 7th 2009, 4:11 pm
medusas peligrosas

mozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
A group of us are planning a girls weekend away to Vegas, I have never been before. We, or should I say I as it seems I am the one thats doing the research on flights deals etc, are looking at New York New York, Luxor and Exalibur. Anyone stayed at any of those hotels? Any other recommendations? Someone else suggested Circus Circus... that one does not really appeal.
Wishing y'all a great time there!
Old May 7th 2009, 4:19 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=BrandonBrit;7549601]
Originally Posted by Englishtart
I'm not expecting too much heat by the end of this month QUOTE]

I have friends coming out here in August adn they're booked into Circus Circus. Now I'm wary to tell them everyone thinks it's a dump, however, they probably don't care because they just plan on sleeping there, and partying elsewhere, and I think they got their rooms at $35 bucks a night! At least I don't haveto worry about it, my room is lovely
Problem is by the time they have got a couple of taxis to the strip 'cos they don't want to walk in the blazing heat during the day, and past the drug dealers and prostitutes on a night, it won't seem so cheap.
Old May 7th 2009, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Have you priced up the flight on it's own?
Direct from GR with Allegant Air it would be just over $200, with Northwest out of GR (with 1 stop) it would be almost $300 and around $250 out of Detroit.
Old May 7th 2009, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by limeynus
No-one mentioned the Mandalay Bay
I saw a commcerical late last year offering some free stay promotion there. It looks nice for some of the girls that are thinking about coming money might be more of an issue and Mandalay was higher priced.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.