British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Getting out of dodge (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/getting-out-dodge-413822/)

jumping doris Dec 15th 2006 5:56 pm

Re: Getting out of dodge

Have a great time.

jumping doris Dec 15th 2006 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Unless the plane is shot down, taken over and hijacked to west bum fluck egypt, you don't get food poisining on the flight, you miss the flight or its cancelled ...

Well they say it's better to travel hopefully than to arrive.

blaze Dec 15th 2006 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Oh yes, that's right. Flight leaves in 10 hours.
This time tomorrow I'll be on the sofa in front of an open fire, eating prawn cocktail crisps and bakewell tarts, watching Gillette Soccer Saturday and maybe a spot of rugby - marvellous.

Its time to P.A.R.T.Y :beer:

Rock on Tommy! (I mean Davy! :D ). Bit redundant telling you to have a good time as it goes without saying but here goes anyway, "Have a great time!". (Now I'm going to go off somewhere and be depressed and home sick) :o .

Sally Dec 15th 2006 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Ooops sorry I forgot....have a great time Davy...don't forget to come back. :beer: :beer: :beer:

Have a great time - and do forget to come back :beer: :beer: :beer:

Jerseygirl Dec 15th 2006 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Sally
Have a great time - and do forget to come back :beer: :beer: :beer:

Don't say that Sally....what about my lemon choccy bars? :o

TruBrit Dec 15th 2006 9:09 pm

safe trip davy boy :)

ladygwennie Dec 15th 2006 9:29 pm

Safe trip Davy, enjoy yourself! :beer:

Sally Dec 15th 2006 11:44 pm

Don't say that Sally....what about my lemon choccy bars? :o

Have you actually got any yet?

Jerseygirl Dec 15th 2006 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by Sally
Have you actually got any yet?

I'm hoping.....

nethead Dec 16th 2006 2:03 am

Have a great christmas at home (lucky devil), and I'll have some beef hula hoops, and a Glaxay, ta very much.

frrussre Dec 16th 2006 4:15 am

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Oh yes, that's right. Flight leaves in 10 hours.
This time tomorrow I'll be on the sofa in front of an open fire, eating prawn cocktail crisps and bakewell tarts, watching Gillette Soccer Saturday and maybe a spot of rugby - marvellous.

Its time to P.A.R.T.Y :beer:

BigDavyG,
Have a great time in the old country. Don't get to comfortable. I'd kill for a good bakewell tart , right now.
Reg. Frank R.

cindyabs Dec 17th 2006 6:30 pm

My husband got back from Ireland yesterday.

When he was going through security at Shannon airport...they pulled out a disposable razor from his luggage and asked him to remove the blade. He said....'it's a disposable razor'...'I can see that...can you remove the blade sir?' The same conversation went on for about 5 mins. :D

He brought me lots of Cadbury's back...those nice big, thick choccy bars and some English magazines. OMG I'm feeling so homesick right now...where's that razor. :o

I feel like such a doofus-in my rush to get last minute packing done for leaving the cruise ship for VIP leavetaking (ended up sitting for 3 hours waiting to be called-some gal had slipped on gangplank and broken her arm and then the Coast Guard decided the ship had to do a lifeboat drill, complete with launching the lifeboats), I put my cologne and powder in carryon instead of checked luggage so lost a 22.00 bucks on almost new 8 oz. cologne being confiscated. :mad: :o

BigDavyG Dec 18th 2006 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Yosser
So you'll be having the good 'ol 5 knuckle shuffle with the old wank mags still under the mattress then! ;)

Threw those out before I left :(

BigDavyG Dec 18th 2006 12:07 pm

Thanks everyone :)
Had a nice weekend mostly watching footie and rugby on tv.
Having problems setting up my laptop so that I can work which normally wouldn't bother me except that after I left on Friday the guy who sits besides me got the sack - no warning, a week before Christmas - nice. Even better is that he has 5 kids :rolleyes:

Anyway I'm off out later with a few ex-colleagues and in the meantime I'm hoping to get the laptop fully functional.

BigDavyG Dec 19th 2006 9:24 am

Currently sitting in bed trying not to vomit after a big night on the beer yesterday.
Quality :)