Gender issues in Washington

Wikiposts

Gender issues in Washington

Old Feb 22nd 2016, 2:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gender issues in Washington

Man in women's locker room cites gender rule

Seattle Parks and Recreation is facing a first-of-a-kind challenge to gender bathroom rules. A man undressed in a women's locker room, citing a new state rule that allows people to choose a bathroom based on gender identity.
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 2:07 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gender issues in Washington

Sounds like fun. Tell me more.
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 2:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Leslie
Sounds like fun. Tell me more.
Would you be happy if a man used the ladies changing room?
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 2:26 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Would you be happy if a man used the ladies changing room?
Depends on the man.

Honest answer ... I have no problem with male transsexuals using the women's facilities. So, if you are willing to go full drag, fair play. I'm a fan of unisex thingies.

How do you feel about women using the men's changing room?
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 2:31 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... How do you feel about women using the men's changing room?
A bit weird, but I wouldn't find it threatening.
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 2:33 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Exactly.
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 2:49 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly.
I suspect that most women would see it differently.
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 2:52 pm
WTF?

I suspect that most women would see it differently.
If you're talking about a piss-taker who is ridiculing the spirit of the matter and intentionally intimidating women for shits and giggles... yes, I agree, he would freak women out. But if you're talking about the people that these policies are actually aimed at, not so much.
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 2:58 pm

If you're talking about a piss-taker who is ridiculing the spirit of the matter and intentionally intimidating women for shits and giggles... yes, I agree, he would freak women out. But if you're talking about the people that these policies are actually aimed at, not so much.
And how are you proposing that a genuine pending transgender person be distinguished from some jerk who thinks it'd be funny to put on a frock and use the women's locker room?

The ultimate solution is going to be three locker rooms, male, female, and "other". Or in the interim (the decades before everything can be rebuilt or replaced), people who are not comfortable using the facilities that match their gross morphology, be directed to use the individual locker rooms/ bathrooms marked as "family".

Last edited by Pulaski; Feb 22nd 2016 at 3:02 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 4:29 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Will ladies with bursting bladders now feel free to use the Gents if there's a line to use the Ladies?
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Will ladies with bursting bladders now feel free to use the Gents if there's a line to use the Ladies?
Lol, yes, I've lost count of the number of times I've seen that at sports events and concerts...
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 9:43 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
%That's routine at motorway stops in France, huge line of people waiting for the ladies, three of us stood at the top waiting for them, so I turned to one of my friends and asked him how long he thought it would take for them to decide to use the gents, he reckoned it was something she would never do. Just then a couple of ?french women nipped into the gents, so I said.. wait for it, at that momeent all three of them peeled out of the queue and went into the gents.
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by mikelincs
%That's routine at motorway stops in France ....
And Italy.
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 10:51 pm
Account Closed

To make it clear, all you need to do in Washington is self identify, no need for the dress etc.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

What's so different about a man using a women's changing room as opposed to a butch lesbian?

Almost every time I read about this, someone comments that their daughters are no longer safe, as if their sons have a magical barrier that protects them in the men's changing room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.