British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Funny names for body parts (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/funny-names-body-parts-574966/)

indigoblue Nov 24th 2008 4:16 pm

Funny names for body parts

My daughter - 8 years old at the mo - always refers to her under armpits as her "brad Pits"!:rofl:. Its not as if she even likes Brad Pit or Angelina Jolie but that is what she calls them.
Do your kids or you for that matter have names that you give for your body parts or does my daughter need some counselling?!;)

MrEmjoy Nov 24th 2008 4:53 pm

Re: Funny names for body parts

She might if she reads what this thread could turn into.

oo-err mrs.

TruBrit Nov 24th 2008 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by indigoblue (Post 7004638)
My daughter - 8 years old at the mo - always refers to her under armpits as her "brad Pits"!:rofl:. Its not as if she even likes Brad Pit or Angelina Jolie but that is what she calls them.
Do your kids or you for that matter have names that you give for your body parts or does my daughter need some counselling?!;)

awww bless her....guess she knows that brad pitt is all part of the modern rhyming slang for sh1t :p

indigoblue Nov 24th 2008 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 7004810)
awww bless her....guess she knows that brad pitt is all part of the modern rhyming slang for sh1t :p

Erm . . . no she doesn't. I guess i'm going to have to discourage her from calling them that from now on.:D She would be horrified if she knew:ohmy:

Mummy in the foothills Nov 24th 2008 5:26 pm

Brad Pitts :rofl:

Dd who is 3 calls her elbows, El Bones. No amount of correcting her get her to change it.

indigoblue Nov 24th 2008 5:44 pm

Him indoors thinks that I should tell my daughter that the slang for Pitt is shit. He went on to add that if my daughter ever needs to use the ,"restroom", at school, she can calmly tell her teacher that she needs to go "for a brad pitt"!
- I don't think that it will go down too well with the teacher do you?:rofl:

TruBrit Nov 24th 2008 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by indigoblue (Post 7004900)
Him indoors thinks that I should tell my daughter that the slang for Pitt is shit. He went on to add that if my daughter ever needs to use the ,"restroom", at school, she can calmly tell her teacher that she needs to go "for a brad pitt"!
- I don't think that it will go down too well with the teacher do you?:rofl:

i think it's hilarious....:lol: btw it has to be brad pitt not just pitt, that's something else i think...

here's another one > Wallace and Gromit > vomit :lol:

rincewind Nov 24th 2008 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by indigoblue (Post 7004900)
He went on to add that if my daughter ever needs to use the ,"restroom", at school, she can calmly tell her teacher that she needs to go "for a brad pitt"!

PMSL!!!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

indigoblue Nov 24th 2008 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 7004906)
i think it's hilarious....:lol: btw it has to be brad pitt not just pitt, that's something else i think...

here's another one > Wallace and Gromit > vomit :lol:

that one is priceless!.

You know, for someone who was brought up in the Eastend, my knowledge of slang words is truely shameful:thumbdown: . I'll never be able to show my face in Hackney again at this rate!
You don't happen to have any other slang words that would bring me up to date would you?:) .

Ash UK/US Nov 24th 2008 6:45 pm

now you mention it... 'Woohoo' and 'Cooter' [sp?] (refering to certain female body part) seem like very odd names to me.

TruBrit Nov 24th 2008 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by indigoblue (Post 7005033)
[/B]

that one is priceless!.

You know, for someone who was brought up in the Eastend, my knowledge of slang words is truely shameful:thumbdown: . I'll never be able to show my face in Hackney again at this rate!
You don't happen to have any other slang words that would bring me up to date would you?:) .

it's not so much cockney as modern rhyming slang...here's some more and watch out if said 8 yr old starts talking about a badly packed kebab :lol:...

http://www.beamused.me.uk/page374.htm

indigoblue Nov 24th 2008 7:37 pm

Thanks for the link TruBrit - must try to use some of them.
Up until now . . . I used to enjoy getting a kebab from our local Greek restaurant on a Friday night . . . . no more:blink:

neil Nov 24th 2008 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US (Post 7005037)
now you mention it... 'Woohoo' and 'Cooter' [sp?] (refering to certain female body part) seem like very odd names to me.

Hoohah - http://www.news4jax.com/entertainmen...46/detail.html

Dreadful that anyone should have to explain to a little kid what a vagina is. :unsure:

Ash UK/US Nov 24th 2008 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by neil (Post 7005309)
Hoohah - http://www.news4jax.com/entertainmen...46/detail.html

Dreadful that anyone should have to explain to a little kid what a vagina is. :unsure:

I have noticed how the proper names are seen as some to be embarrassed/ashamed about

tamms_1965 Nov 24th 2008 8:44 pm

I always insisted that my kids use the 'proper' term for their body parts. However, my son liked to use the word Twinkie for his penis, and my son and daughter always used the word Fluffer when they passed gas.

We would be in the grocery store and my daughter would proudly annouce, "Mommy, I just had a fluffer." I guess in a way that was good.