Funny license plate

Old Sep 18th 2013, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Funny license plate

I did a search of 'SMEG' and it's on the banned list for many states. I don't think Connecticut is included in that freedom of information document, but I suspect they would ban it. I don't think their online tool queries the 'banned' list, just the 'issued' list (not sure, though). Of course, you could apply for it and ... if you get it ... proudly display for all to see
Old Sep 18th 2013, 7:48 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I did a search of 'SMEG' and it's on the banned list for many states. I don't think Connecticut is included in that freedom of information document, but I suspect they would ban it. I don't think their online tool queries the 'banned' list, just the 'issued' list (not sure, though). Of course, you could apply for it and ... if you get it ... proudly display for all to see
I would need to do both of our cars I think.

SMEEEG

HEEEAD

Old Sep 20th 2013, 12:20 pm
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bob
I've seen KLUNGE around before
Originally Posted by markonline1
Either the CA DMV know what clunge means, or someone already has the plate
Lol
Old Sep 20th 2013, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

AilsWallace has a reputation beyond reputeAilsWallace has a reputation beyond reputeAilsWallace has a reputation beyond reputeAilsWallace has a reputation beyond reputeAilsWallace has a reputation beyond reputeAilsWallace has a reputation beyond reputeAilsWallace has a reputation beyond reputeAilsWallace has a reputation beyond reputeAilsWallace has a reputation beyond reputeAilsWallace has a reputation beyond reputeAilsWallace has a reputation beyond repute

Saw a little yellow Smart car on Route 26 ( I think) yesterday with the plate WEEBLE..loved it, and hope it is true driving that around
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 7:13 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently Bolox on a T for Texas plate is still available...!
Attached Thumbnails Funny license plate-bolox.png  
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

There is a yellow car that I have seen, has the license plate MARGE. Needs a big blue roof rack.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 12:31 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I saw "OH SMEG" on an NC tag this evening. I think I've seen it once before too, earlier this year or towards the end of 2012.
Gotcha!

Caught this evening, on the way home. .... The driver is obviously British, I left a gap to let car in front of him pull out from a side road, and he shot out straight behind, into the same gap I'd left!

Last edited by Pulaski; Oct 3rd 2013 at 12:41 am.
Old Oct 6th 2013, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Jamtex is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm Illinois seems to allow the James May phrase "OHCOCK". Although REDCOAT had been taken (or banned...)
Old Oct 9th 2013, 2:32 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Mine reads KIN EL

VA DMV charge $10 a year for a personalised plate.
Have been trying for ages to find a combination of letters and dashes that will read OH FFS.
Old Oct 9th 2013, 3:07 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Xebedee
Mine reads KIN EL

VA DMV charge $10 a year for a personalised plate.
Have been trying for ages to find a combination of letters and dashes that will read OH FFS.
A few years ago NC, as it cycled through the alphabet of combinations of three letters in its "ABC 1234" format tags, started issuing "WTF" plates!
Old Oct 9th 2013, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond reputeJonion has a reputation beyond repute

^^ and that would be so appropriate many times.

I have a few that I have lined up for when(if) I get over to the US.
Mostly personal with meanings that would have to be explained.
One that would probably be recognisable to a few.

I got the OH one for her car last year. My pet name for her (the non-offensive one at least).

In the UK they cost too much and the options aren't all that great.
In the US it's almost anything you can fit in.
Old Oct 9th 2013, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Jonion
.... In the UK they cost too much and the options aren't all that great.
In the US it's almost anything you can fit in.
I have the exact pattern of numbers and letters on my vehicles as I had on the cars I owned in the UK. On one occasion, after having one broken into and having to file a police report over the phone (WTF! ), and ended up in an argument with the clerk on the phone over the state it was registered in, as if I didn't know where my own vehicle is registered!
Old Oct 9th 2013, 3:47 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Saw a car in the UK with P111OCK as a plate, and they had, conveniently, put two plack screws after the second and third 1s. If stopped now they could be fined as it's now illegal to not have a gap between the 1st and second halves of the plate, and the use of screw heads to change the appearance of a letter is also illegal, it's all due to the NPR system. In any case, having a remarkable plate like that, and thos US ones can be a great disadvantage as anything that causes a car to stand out could mean a visit from the police if you are involved in anything. A friend of mine had an accident in his VW Beetle, he ran slightly off the road and demolished a whole line of traffic cones, he hadn't been home more than 20 mins when the police were at his door. He asked how they knew it was him as there were plenty of VW Beetles around, they said, Yes, but yours is the only one decorated with dozens of flower stickers.
In another incident a group of youths robbed a shop next door to me, they were picked up within an hour, stupid idiots for driving around in an American import car of which there were only 4 registered in the UK.
Old Oct 9th 2013, 8:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Saw a ME pink ta-ta plated one with "KEKKS" this afternoon.

Also a RI one that was "MAGPYES" that had a GB sticker on the back.
Old Oct 9th 2013, 8:52 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Someone photographed mine in the car behind me the other day.
Waiting for it to appear at some point...!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.