Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Frivolous things I don't understand

Frivolous things I don't understand

Old Sep 19th 2017, 6:04 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frivolous things I don't understand

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I thought you were married?
We share the load in our house. Both of us like to sit on our arses on a Saturday afternoon
Old Sep 19th 2017, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
It's a great snack when we're lounging around in front of the TV on a weekend.
So I've been discovering! Brilliant Sunday football TV snack!
Old Sep 19th 2017, 6:24 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maste
So I've been discovering! Brilliant Sunday football TV snack!
Plus they're a little bit better for you than crisps. Every little helps, I suppose.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 6:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
I've tried it with pepper, also with Parmesan, but usually the request is for just salt.
Love a bowl of popcorn, as well. Bit of a purist, I suppose. Just like with eating corn on the cob or any freshly prepared veggie, I don't put salt on popcorn or veggies. A little unsalted butter and I'm all set.

The only issue with popcorn is the same as eating corn on the cob. It is loaded with sugar and a diabetic needs to watch the number of grams consumed.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 6:29 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Plus they're a little bit better for you than crisps. Every little helps, I suppose.
They are, and the fact that you have to prepare it helps with not over-snacking. In theory, at least!
Old Sep 19th 2017, 6:36 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
.... The only issue with popcorn is the same as eating corn on the cob. It is loaded with sugar and a diabetic needs to watch the number of grams consumed.
Do you mean "carbohydrate"?

Popcorn is 75% carbohydrate, but has almost no sugar (0.3g/28g serving), or about 1% by weight. In other words, you'd have to consume nearly 6lb of popcorn to get 1oz of sugar.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 19th 2017 at 6:38 pm.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 6:41 pm
I have a comma problem

They are, and the fact that you have to prepare it helps with not over-snacking. In theory, at least!
Or, conversely, the fact that it's so easy to prepare another batch helps with being able to eat loads of it

Popcorn is 75% carbohydrate, but has almost no sugar (0.3g/28g serving), or about 1% by weight. In other words, you'd have to consume nearly 6lb of popcorn to get 1oz of sugar.
For comparison, there's 19g of sugar in an apple and nobody's going to argue that apples are good for you. That's enough that I couldn't eat any apples at all when I did a low-carb diet and I bloody love apples.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 6:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. As a diabetic you count carbs and on the list of not allowed to consume is corn. I know that corn is used to make sugary corn syrup hence why I said sugar instead of carbs

Sugar is a carb and why we aren't allowed to eat most fruits and many veggies. No root veggies but what the hell I cheat on the veggies.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. As a diabetic you count carbs and on the list of not allowed to consume is corn. I know that corn is used to make sugary corn syrup hence why I said sugar instead of carbs

Sugar is a carb and why we aren't allowed to eat most fruits and many veggies. No root veggies but what the hell I cheat on the veggies.
Sugar is a simple carb, corn is a complex carb. Corn just falls into the starchy veg group as a diabetic.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 8:42 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
Sugar is a simple carb, corn is a complex carb. Corn just falls into the starchy veg group as a diabetic.
and they're all converted to glucose which is a sugar!

I don't like popcorn.

Revels. Minus the coffee creams please.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 9:43 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Pica
Popcorn- vile stuff
Agree. Yuk

The only issue with popcorn is the same as eating corn on the cob. It is loaded with sugar and a diabetic needs to watch the number of grams consumed.
My diabetic cat is with me on the popcorn so doesn't have this tussle.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 12:10 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
and they're all converted to glucose which is a sugar! ....
Starch can be broken down into pure glucose, but other complex carbohydrates typically include some glucose and then other sugars such as fructose, galactose, and xylose.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Do they not eat popcorn in Italia?
They do-but I don't
Old Sep 20th 2017, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

On its own it is virtually tastless, but with your choice of savory, or sweet, toppings, what's not to like about it?
Once the topping's licked off it's like chewing polystyrene-same goes for rice cakes-yuk
Old Sep 20th 2017, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
and they're all converted to glucose which is a sugar!

I don't like popcorn.

Revels. Minus the coffee creams please.
Please post the coffee creams over here-they're the best ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.